Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2015.10.13
Site Update 2015.10.13
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 16:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
with you also teaming up with Guildwork, does this mean we can finally move away from the LSCom site for Achievements and such?

Ideally: yes.

Practically speaking, it's a little more complicated. I don't have plugin access yet, and not everything we would want to know is exposed via Windower. Missions in particular are obnoxious this way, so we'll see. The goal is get away from the LSCOM entirely on the XI side, and populate the Market Board on the XIV side. I don't know how much work either of those is going to be, yet, but we're more in control of our own destiny than ever before.
 leo
By leo 2015-10-14 16:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:

People like me who try to avoid third party tools (I don't use Windower or plugins of any kind on my game) will be left (further, as LSCOM as it is right now is very very abandoned by SE) on the cold if LSCOM function is fully removed from this site.

You plan to fully remove LSCOM support? Is it a hassle for the site support it?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 16:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Question:

People like me who try to avoid third party tools (I don't use Windower or plugins of any kind on my game) will be left (further, as LSCOM as it is right now is very very abandoned by SE) on the cold if LSCOM function is fully removed from this site.

You plan to fully remove LSCOM support? Is it a hassle for the site support it?

I will never remove support for it, for exactly this reason. But as it gets less and less reliable, I now have a path to get that information from elsewhere. I can't fix the LSCOM - I might be able to fix the GW plugin.
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-14 16:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

well, if it could be tied to RoE completion (since each mission grouping is split into segments) it might be easier than trying to grab mission information directly? lord knows LSCom keeps breaking further and further as time goes on.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-14 17:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
well, if it could be tied to RoE completion (since each mission grouping is split into segments) it might be easier than trying to grab mission information directly? lord knows LSCom keeps breaking further and further as time goes on.

For RoV, there's key items that I can key off of. Not every mission has this option though, so it'd be nice to just grab the mission data directly.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-10-21 23:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

will we get stock notifications for shopping list like wanted items via gw? i.e x item is now in stock.

could you also add color to shopping list based on stock. 0 red green for 1 or greater.

excellent work reviving features. ive been waiting for something like this for a long time.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-22 01:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn dude your putting in a ton of work on this stuff. Great job but wow.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-22 01:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If our job points can already be parsed directly from the game, it shouldn't be much different to parse our mission progress too, right?... I think :P Job points aren't tied to any keyitem either. There must be some sort of an indicator that could be checked, but my coding knowledge is almost non-existent so I will stop here.

And, thanks for all the hardwork.