All Escha NMs Beast Burn Possible?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » All Escha NMs beast burn possible?
All Escha NMs beast burn possible?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-30 09:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So far we have thrown pets at Escha zitah tier 1 NMs and won easily. Please keep in mind we are are all well geared bstmasters including 1200 Jp me. Is there a brick wall we will ran into soon? We will start tier 2 soon and then Escha sky. Heard the cataerae from sky will be difficult.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-30 10:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are ONLY using BSTs, the Caturae are definitely going to be a pain because of there shields. Ru'Ann T2 and T3 also tend to have nasty crowd control issues. Like every NM spawns adds and a few of them are dirty.

Like Hanbi, the Gallu NM. Every add he spawns buffs him and all other adds on the field. I've seen them 1-shot someone in full PDT idle for 2k+, and that was WITHOUT a crit hit.

Then there is Naphula, my current target and a primary objective for many BSTs, as it drops both Solstice for GEO and Skullrender for BST. Its a Dvergr, which already makes it nasty from the jump off, but then add in the fact that it spams Fast Cast Meteor, lots of nasty AoE TP moves, and spawns Corpselight adds that also like to Fast Cast nasty stuff...

Long story short, be forewarned. While BSTs likely could do it alone, it would be very difficult given the circumstances and downright cheap tactics some of these employ.
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-30 10:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group has taken out all Eschan NMs in Zi'Tah and Ru'Aun T1-3 with pet jobs and continue to do so regularly. Of course they get harder, and in Ru'Aun you have adds to deal with.

The way I see it, there are no brick walls. There exists only our unrelenting will to win!

-Bzt. Ftw.

Falkirk is our expert on dealing with adds. Photo credit: Eiffel!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-30 10:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaztmaster said: »
Our group has taken out all Eschan NMs in Zi'Tah and Ru'Aun T1-3 with pet jobs and continue to do so regularly. Of course they get harder, and in Ru'Aun you have adds to deal with.

The way I see it, there are no brick walls. There exists only our unrelenting will to win!

-Bzt. Ftw.

Falkirk is our expert on dealing with adds. Photo credit: Peter Jennings.

If you have falkirk on ur side it's a guarantee victory lol look at that, he's friends with gigas lol
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-30 10:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When Falkirk is on your side,

You don't need Altana.

Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-30 10:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
If you are ONLY using BSTs, the Caturae are definitely going to be a pain because of there shields. Ru'Ann T2 and T3 also tend to have nasty crowd control issues. Like every NM spawns adds and a few of them are dirty.

Like Hanbi, the Gallu NM. Every add he spawns buffs him and all other adds on the field. I've seen them 1-shot someone in full PDT idle for 2k+, and that was WITHOUT a crit hit.

Then there is Naphula, my current target and a primary objective for many BSTs, as it drops both Solstice for GEO and Skullrender for BST. Its a Dvergr, which already makes it nasty from the jump off, but then add in the fact that it spams Fast Cast Meteor, lots of nasty AoE TP moves, and spawns Corpselight adds that also like to Fast Cast nasty stuff...

Long story short, be forewarned. While BSTs likely could do it alone, it would be very difficult given the circumstances and downright cheap tactics some of these employ.

We been killing them with 6, do they get harder with more then 6? What shield do they use? Physical damage mitigation? If so we can use fireball
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-30 11:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

We been killing them with 6, do they get harder with more then 6? What shield do they use? Physical damage mitigation? If so we can use fireball

For the caturaes, they put a random dmg type barrier up which consists of either slashing, piercing, blunt, ranged, or magic. Needs certain amount of dmg to bring them down. So w/o multiple weapon types, you're gonna have some trouble.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-30 11:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm a party of bst bst cor pld whm geo can kill every T1 in escha ru'aun. Should also note quite a few of them including cats were done w/ just bst bst cor and using august , sylvie(uc) and kupipi.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-30 13:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

For the caturaes, they put a random dmg type barrier up which consists of either slashing, piercing, blunt, ranged, or magic. Needs certain amount of dmg to bring them down. So w/o multiple weapon types, you're gonna have some trouble.

Bst pets can take care of blunt slashing and magic. I guess just need a thief and ranger to cover piercing and range.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-08-30 13:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The shields arent that simple as far as damage type. We have had situations where clubs could get through but h2h couldnt. Not sure what the conditions were for this but it happened more than once to us.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-30 13:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
The shields arent that simple as far as damage type. We have had situations where clubs could get through but h2h couldnt. Not sure what the conditions were for this but it happened more than once to us.

So when it does barrier only one type of damage can hurt it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-30 13:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caturae shields have always been one of the 6:

H2h
Club/Staff
slashing
piercing
light magic(thunder/fire/wind/light)
dark magic(ice/thunder/earth/dark)

do enough damage of the correct type and shield drops(or use requiescat/quick draw, they always work and still drop shield)
[+]
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-30 13:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst pets can take care of blunt slashing and magic. I guess just need a thief and ranger to cover piercing and range.

BST have options for covering piercing too. The ones that come to mind are both Tulfaire physical moves, and the beetle's Rhino Attack.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-30 14:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaztmaster said: »

BST have options for covering piercing too. The ones that come to mind are both Tulfaire physical moves, and the beetle's Rhino Attack.

stick w/ lizards and bring a cor, much easier
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-30 15:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

H2h
Club/Staff
slashing
piercing

do enough damage of the correct type and shield drops(or use requiescat/quick draw, they always work and still drop shield)

Note that if you're trying to add a minimal amount of players, a BLU is another good addition for really good coverage of all damage types.
- Physical Blue Magic (comes in slashing, piercing, or blunt types)
- Magical Blue Magic (all elements)
- Slashing (obviously from sword)
- Piercing (Vampirism sword is excellent for this)
- Blunt (fairly good native club skill and many high dmg clubs)
- Requiescat (always works, and BLU can gear for it very well)

Just lacking good H2H if the physical BLU spells don't work. Maybe bring a PUP for that as ideal if it's necessary, since otherwise you can use automaton and same BST pet buffs.

A well geared COR (i.e. one that can actually DD instead of just rolling and sitting around) is also pretty useful with ranged, melee piercing (daggers or Demersal Degen), slashing (sword), Requiescat, and buffing the BSTs for pet MAB or attack as situation requires.

All this being said, seems like BST pets can generally handle most anything by mixing up which pets are used.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-30 16:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all great info. Does it get stronger with more then 6 players?
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-08-30 17:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

H2h
Club/Staff
slashing
piercing

Thank you, that's quite helpful lol.
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-08-30 23:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all great info. Does it get stronger with more then 6 players?

Their hp scales so the more you bring the more hp they have.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-01 08:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, off topic! Went out this morning for fun and ended up soloing all 6 Caturaes on SCH. Not a true solo (used trusts Star Sibyl, Apururu, and August for procs). The other 2 members were just fillers to pop the NMs. What I did was popped, slow/paralyze, then SC > ionohelix. Kept Blink/Stoneskin up to prevent some TP gain from Caturaes. Then, finished them off w/ thunder SCs (bliz > thunder = thunder MB, or shattersoul > thunder = thunder MB). If tab gambit were to pop up and proc wasn't me (ice/thunder/staff), I'd engage and let August hopefully proc while healing him. The easiest NMs that just fell over within 5 mins were Bia, Khon, and Met. Ma's unchivalrous stab (AoE HP/MP down) forced me to either engage for apururu to erase or pop a myrkr. Rhea has too high of magic evasion to land slow/paralyze, so just spammed thunder SCs. It seemed to have more MDT -% as its HP went down. Thunder V MBs went from 8k to 4-6k near the end. As for the toughest one Khun, He pops a TP move in the beginning, which was tab gambit for me. His tab gambit had a doom aura, so I engaged and moved myself away while letting August tank. Luckily proc was thunder but my NPCs did die. Rest of the fight went smooth, continued to helix MB, then thunder SC til it died within 5 mins. Definitely some luck involved but just a fun idea in case anybody knows a veteran SCH. Also, SCH can solo all the other T1s in Ru-Aun and Zitah even w/o trusts.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [207 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2016-03-26 00:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a super necro bump, but how were you able to solo the Cat's. I can't get through shield. Maybe I don't know the strats well enough. But Rhea and Khon kicked our ***.

Any help would be a big help.

Thanks guys.