Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Alluvion Skirmish Rala and Cirdas Strats
Alluvion Skirmish Rala and Cirdas Strats
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-04 15:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf has posted a few videos on alluvion yorcia. Not sure on the other ones though.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45843/alluvion-skirmish-yorcia/7/#2877590
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-04 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if you can tell me what specifically you're curious about I can try to answer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-05-04 16:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alluvion Rala was a nightmare to melee but its too easy for rng strat, that was before update. Currently should be even easier for rng due to enmity change, and possibly opened the path to nukers.

I guess a good sch+pld can do it with magic burst. Adjust adding geo for mab and mdb, more nukers if lacking dps.as an ochain pld, i was pretty safe with some healing help, but my plding is crap, good plds should be able to survive solo.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-05-05 11:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe try with one more "solo" job like BST, DNC/NIN or RDM maybe.

Pretty curious, i gonna try one as RDM, maybe a Rala 222 ring to see.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-05 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
- Consist of several objectives, including:
  • Kill 10-20 Stormy Autochtons (regular enemies)

• Kill a Windreaver (NM Fluturini, appears on wide scan)

• Check a specific Noetic Ascension

• Check X amount of Noetic Ascensions

• Free floor (Mistmaw NM pops immediately)

• Boss floor (Balamor)

- Stormy Autochtons are about as strong as Escalents in Yorcia, but appear in more diverse enemy families (like bats, efts, skeletons, leeches, etc). They can be avoided with Sneak/Invis, so bring some means of using those to speed up floors where you don't need to kill them. These are not visible on Wide Scan.
- Pink Acuex can appear as a Stormy Autochton, still dropping the +2 stones.
- All enemies aggro and link.
- Like Yorcia (and unlike Nyzul), floors have a number of set layouts, which you might grow familiar with, making it easier to navigate.
- Lorissa randomly appears as a NPC who lets you skip a floor, but only if you haven't finished that floor's primary objective. This is useful if you get something shitty like "Kill 20 enemies".
- Noetic Ascensions work the same in Rala/Cirdas as they do Yorcia
- Depending on the Eudaemon part you used, an additional NM will appear that is true sight and will be on every floor until killed. Visible on Wide Scan. These NMs are tied to 2 effects for the zone, one good, one bad. Killing them negates or activates these effects, depending on the NM. More info is needed on these effects:
- Completing the Primary Objective gives you the floor's Secondary Objective, which is to kill a Mistmaw NM. Mistmaws do not appear on wide scan.

RALA MISTMAWS
Corse: Uses aoe Impact, aoe Comet, Meteor, and other typical Corse moves, including Dance Macabre and Hadal Summons, rarely using Gala Macabre. Drops Greatsword or Scythe.
Gallu (Kroni): Uses a variety of elements in both WSs and nukes. Uses Mighty Strikes at low HP. Is a demon, so susceptible to Demon Killer/Breaker (or whatever the hell it's called). Drops Knuckles or Dagger.
Dvergr: Has nukes, including Meteor, which can be dangerous if he hits you with Curse, Magic Defense Down, etc. Has an Amnesia move at low HP, I forget what it's called. Very magic resistant from what I've seen, though it might just be to light and dark. Drops Sword or Staff.
Uragnite: Crappiest NM in Alluvion. Painful Whip is 1 hit for severe damage (blinkable), Virulent Haze adds a strong burn, and when he goes into his shell, he'll give a strong poison and sometimes doom aura. Gains Ice Spikes at some points too. Mages and ranged attackers do fairly well on him since they can attack when he's in the shell, at least. Also casts Waterga and Dispelga. Drops Axe and Great Axe.

CIRDAS MISTMAWS
Fat Gnat: Will use ice-based spells as well as Chainspell Blizzaga III. Otherwise, I don't recall anything crazy, but the WSs are kinda annoying and most attacks are aoe. Drops Katana or Great Katana.
Golem: Regular *** golem with some fire spells and attacks. Probably the easiest Alluvion NM. Drops Bow or Gun.
Behemoth: Not hard if you can bring him down without many level ups from Howl. Uses all Behemoth WSs including Ecliptic Meteor (rarely, or maybe just once at low HP?). Yell at people to position themselves in back to reduce Howl chance, though he'll turn after each WS. Drops Club or Polearm.
Bugard: Pretty much just does Earth stuff like Breakga, Slowga, Stonega, etc. Turn from Awful Eye to avoid petrify and hate reset, and keep mages back of course. Drops Flute or Shield.

BALAMOR
Drops any weapon plus stones, pretty much every single form of damage he has is dark based, so RUN trumps him quite well. Is a demon, so circle/breaker works great. Does have an aoe doom so bring holy waters and keep mages back. If you happen to have melees who aren't capable of withstanding the aoe, they can TP up on butterflies nearby. Has either Perfect Dodge, Chainspell, or Invincible, from what I've seen. I can't recall all the spells he has, but generally a lot of strong spells including Meteor.

PARTY SETUP TIPS
- Trusts can be used.
- Stun is very useful on a number of NMs. I have not observed any NMs building resistance, but I suppose they tend to die quick enough anyway.
- Bringing a form of sleep is recommended, especially when fighting the Corse in Rala.
- Bringing a form of sneak/invis for all party members is advised to avoid fighting excess Stormy Autochtons.
- Most of the worst attacks from NMs are magic in nature, so jobs like WHM, GEO, and RUN provide a great deal of protection, especially if you aren't stunning anything.
- Like in most high level fights, melees with poor armor choices run the risk of dying regularly to NMs. Wearing at least something with good magic evasion (ie: sparks gear) is recommended, or else have them come on a ranged/mage job.
- No one job is required, or is any one job complete ***in either zone (except in certain situations, like piercing vs. Corse without using Banish/Tomahawk)
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-05-05 14:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo Rala with BST is very easy, if you build the correct pop.

A Sash pop will cause your pet to inflict a 15 seconds terror effect on any mob every ready move. This enables you to keep the NMs terror-locked while your pet kills it. The one exception to this are floors where all 4 NMs pop immediately - the terror effect does not work on this floor type.

There is an NM truesound Butterfly (Erratic Twitherym) that appears on every level with the sash pop. If you kill this NM, then the terror effect is removed for the rest of the run. If you are solo - avoid it - it has a large agro range and links with any mob near it that you may agro.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-05 14:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to get some more clarity on the Eudaemon bonuses, since the information on them currently is rather limited.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-05-05 14:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend a BLU if you go with a melee setup. Sudden Lunge lands on all bosses except the Dvergr. Makes things a ton easier. Sweeping Gouge/Dream Flower are helpful as well. Also Barblizzara/Barparalyzra and other similar magic resist buffs is recommended on the Uragnite to counter its large Ice Spike damage. We always bring a BRD and we just go with double march and double Ice Carol on it. Also, the Doom aura when inside shell isn't always present it seems. Of the 20+ times we've killed it, I'd say maybe 3 have come up with a Doom aura. Also, Corse can use Gala Macabre, though rarely.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-07 15:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have a ton of Rala experience and tried a few recently... and OMG the NMs are pretty awful compared to Cirdas.

Fair warning that if you don't have the specific setups mentioned (PLD+RNG setup, perhaps a tank and mage-heavy setup, or abusing Sash effect with a BST), it doesn't seem worth it to bother with Rala. Cirdas is a LOT more flexible job-wise, so is probably more practical for most people if you're mainly after stones. If you want Rala weapon drops, can always just farm up three wings in Yorcia and buy them from NPC instead of dealing with the hellish Rala NMs.

In a way it makes post-patch Yorcia even more impressive from a game development standpoint in that the zone can easily be tackled by whatever kind of group you can put together as long as you use a proper Eudaemon (yeah, I know Eudaemon influences Rala/Cirdas too, but not nearly to the extent it does in Yorcia). And of course, the augment system, while still random, is a heck of a lot more friendly than non-Alluvion Skirmish or even original Rala/Cirdas Alluvion. Does give me a little faith that Alluvion Skirmish phase 3 may be pretty good, I'm really looking forward to it hopefully showing up some time in the next few months.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-07 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO completely locks down Corse/Dvergr in Rala.

Attune/Vex through Meteors, Comets, Danse Macabre, Thundris Shreik.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-07 20:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some Rala last night, and I think I noticed something about Necrobane (from Dvergrs). I'm thinking it might be a sight-based attack, since my BRD was facing away from it the whole time and never got hit with it once.

I will say that while the NMs in Rala are generally more dangerous, the zone layout tends to be friendlier. The zone is more grid-like, so giving directions or following wide scan is smoother, whereas Cirdas is full of twists and turns.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [140 days between previous and next post]
By zaxtiss 2015-09-25 05:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the sash trick works in cird and yorcia?
By geigei 2015-09-25 05:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Which trick is that?
By zaxtiss 2015-09-25 05:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When you use a sash item to make your ki bst pets ready moves terror mobs I heard
By geigei 2015-09-25 05:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SE banned for less, didnt know about this.
By zaxtiss 2015-09-25 05:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol they made it that WA y on purpose they won't ban for it read farther up you see