Skadi's Cuirie +1 Worthwhile?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Skadi's Cuirie +1 worthwhile?
Skadi's Cuirie +1 worthwhile?
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-20 17:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So lately I've been pulling my hair out trying to get all the bits and pieces for Skadi's Cuirie together.

I'm kind of new-ish to the thf scene. I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble to get this body piece for TPing with when I see everyone else in Quaxxo or Emet+1 or something similar.

My plan is to stack up as much Duel wield+ as possible, but not sure if that's a good idea or not. The information I can find regarding duel wield is spotty at best.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-20 17:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With the introduction of the new Taeon set, as much as I love the look of Skadi, I don't think it's worth it anymore. Each piece can get (so far) a maximum of 5 DW each, and the boots come with native 4 DW. You can easily find a solid combination of DW gear without Skadi now, and even have ilvl stat vomit.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 17:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
So lately I've been pulling my hair out trying to get all the bits and pieces for Skadi's Cuirie together.

I'm kind of new-ish to the thf scene. I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble to get this body piece for TPing with when I see everyone else in Quaxxo or Emet+1 or something similar.

My plan is to stack up as much Duel wield+ as possible, but not sure if that's a good idea or not. The information I can find regarding duel wield is spotty at best.

I did a comment in thf guide about how the new gear will affect current thfs set, check it out.

To go straight to point, you can store your skadie body (if you have it).

Skadi is just considered in solo situations, where thf attacks very slow due to lack of magic haste, so dual wield is the only stat (aside haste gear) to reduce your attacking delay. So its impressive dw7 made it worthwhile for a long time, but as downside, it would force players to burden others slots with haste gear, normally the waist or the head (with head haste10).

Now its not necessary anymore, because taeon set provides dw in every slot with augments without penalty of burdening others slots with haste. As a plus, you can even get higher dw with taeon.

Now lets see dw good spots. You should consider 2 situations:

1. Magic haste capped (party situation): just gear and magic cant reduce to minimum the attacking delay, so dw can provide the last amount to achieve the cap (20% of delay). With capped haste (magic+gear) you need exactly dw11 in gear. More than dw11 will result in loss due to reduction of tp gained without the reduction in attack delay (because youre capped). You can achieve that with lots of combination now. I sugest taeon feet and patentia if you dont have incursion cape, or taeon + cape, if you do.

2. Solo, no haste magic: the sweet spot is dw 48%-50% total. In that interval, your dps does not drop or increase. More than 50 or less than 48 will result in dps drop.

This set is my last i checked for solo dynamis. I will check a buffed set when we have more info about the taeon augments. Its considered dw5 in every slot and cape with 4 or 5, its the same.

ItemSet 333236
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-20 21:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasting time on Haverton just for solo sets?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-20 21:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I also picked Haverton for some additional DW. Tobe fair, its also the best (andonly) snapshot ring, and boasts a nice racc+20. Debating if I should trade mine in, though with all the new stuff out
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-20 22:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it bad of me to still use Oynos to proc haste then swap out once I have? - In relation to dynamis solo.
By Colossusx 2015-02-20 23:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What stones are people using to get DW/TA on all 5 gears?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-20 23:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leafslit on Taeon. I don't believe other pieces can get those specific augments, but their leafslit augments are melee DD oriented.
[+]
By Colossusx 2015-02-21 00:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Leafslit on Taeon. I don't believe other pieces can get those specific augments, but their leafslit augments are melee DD oriented.
Thank you. Didn't want to waste stones "looking" for right augs cause I'll never find that way lol.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 01:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

I put haverton because its the best in slot for total dps, but the second best is supose to be rajas. I just not sure how will ammo slot ends, if it will favor raider boomerang or green eartings, but that set is the best i could find with capped dw.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-21 02:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I put haverton because its the best in slot for total dps, but the second best is supose to be rajas. I just not sure how will ammo slot ends, if it will favor raider boomerang or green eartings, but that set is the best i could find with capped dw.

Oh so you are saying Haverton is BiS no matter what?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 03:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so you are saying Haverton is BiS no matter what?

Till 48% dw, any extra dw will gives substantial contribution to dps. I was playing with spreadsheet and giving values for canny dw: at 47% dw (one short to cap the dw effect), i started to put the others stats to see the amount that it was necessary to outshine the last dw. I got: 1 dw > 1 ta, 7 stp, 4 da and some crit rate i forgot. Given this relationship is variable depending of your context, using haverton is similar to using a ring with more than ta5, for example.

Also, the 5 dw was necessary to cap the dw in the above set. Without that, we would be short 5 dw, so ginsen and brutal would need to drop to use green earrings and raiders boomerang, so giving up brutal 5 da 1 stp and ginsen 3 stp, though still gaining 5 stp from raja, but a loss.

Obviously, haverton is just considered in a totally solo situation, without buff trusts or party buffs. For the oynos situation, you have 15% haste that reduces the required dw to cap atack speed (im not saying using oynos is a prefered situation, i dont think spreadsheet can simulate that situation, so just experience will determine if its prefered haste magic at the cost of cycling tp loss, etc). For fully magic haste buff, your dw necessary is 11, and you can cap it with just cape (its the best cape for thf anyway) and feet, making the ring pointless and actually harmful.
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-02-21 11:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I sugest taeon feet and patentia if you dont have incursion cape, or taeon + cape, if you do.

I don't see how feet + back would beat Pantentia Sash + back in this situation. Since you are losing your STP from the waist. I think you would be better off with back and waist for that reason. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could only see feet winning over waist as the 2nd slot if you could get trip. attack & dual wield +3 (making you hit 11 DW not 10) but its not possible. Gaining 1 dual wield but losing out on STP 5 and 8 attack is the same reason Pat. Sash won over shetal stone post weapon skill update. Relic feet/back/sash should be the best of those 3 slots in capped haste. Also thanks for updating the info all these gear sets got crazy following this update.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 12:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dakenx said: »
I sugest taeon feet and patentia if you dont have incursion cape, or taeon + cape, if you do.

I don't see how feet + back would beat Pantentia Sash + back in this situation. Since you are losing your STP from the waist. I think you would be better off with back and waist for that reason. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could only see feet winning over waist as the 2nd slot if you could get trip. attack & dual wield +3 (making you hit 11 DW not 10) but its not possible. Gaining 1 dual wield but losing out on STP 5 and 8 attack is the same reason Pat. Sash won over shetal stone post weapon skill update. Relic feet/back/sash should be the best of those 3 slots in capped haste. Also thanks for updating the info all these gear sets got crazy following this update.

I was thinking the best would be feet + back that would result in dw11 (4 from feet base stats, and 7 to be distributed in feet and back as your luck allow) leaving patentia only an attack+stp belt. Attack gear contributes poorly in total dps, i would say you need 8 attack to equal a single stp in previous set i had. That relation isnt static, but you would need a massive amount of att for it to matter, and depending of party setup, it could be even neglected (using cor+geo with def down debuffs for example, berserk, etc). So, supose patentia is just a 5 stp belt. Against patentia, we have windbuffet+1, thats ta2, qa2. Like i said previously, 1 ta contributes more than 1 stp, and obviously, qa even more. So, i believe windbuffet +1 could easily beat patentias 5stp. The only situtation patentia triumphs over windbuffet is if dw is relevant.
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-02-21 15:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dakenx said: »

I was thinking the best would be feet + back that would result in dw11 (4 from feet base stats, and 7 to be distributed in feet and back as your luck allow) leaving patentia only an attack+stp belt. Attack gear contributes poorly in total dps, i would say you need 8 attack to equal a single stp in previous set i had. That relation isnt static, but you would need a massive amount of att for it to matter, and depending of party setup, it could be even neglected (using cor+geo with def down debuffs for example, berserk, etc). So, supose patentia is just a 5 stp belt. Against patentia, we have windbuffet+1, thats ta2, qa2. Like i said previously, 1 ta contributes more than 1 stp, and obviously, qa even more. So, i believe windbuffet +1 could easily beat patentias 5stp. The only situtation patentia triumphs over windbuffet is if dw is relevant.

Good point I don't know why my mind didn't think about windbuffet +1 today