Question On DD Spread Sheet

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Question on DD spread sheet
Question on DD spread sheet
By dustinfoley 2015-02-18 20:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So i was looking at the pup dd spread sheet,and i noticed if you add more -MA from the JSE cape it actualy decreases the DD.

So:

KKK i119
Capped gear haste
Capped spell/song haste
No JA haste

When I add -10 ma from jse it lowers dps by quite a bit, i understand its gonna lower my tp per hit, but i wasnt expecting it to hurt me that much overall.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-18 21:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm no pup or mnk. So I'm not too familiar with calculating martial arts. But doesn't it seem likely that you're already at or very close to the delay cap?

Martial arts counts towards the cap just like dual wield or haste. So once you're capped you're reducing TP gain for no increase in atk speed. That would tend to hurt DPS.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-18 21:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, are you added the martial arts as a negative value? You shouldn't be putting a negative value unless you're subtracting martial arts, as in adding delay.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-18 21:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked at the pup spreadsheet, and it uses -x for MA values on gear. So unless the sheet is buggered he's doing it right.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-18 21:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Only just looked at the H2H formula right now so I might be doing the math wrong, but he shouldn't be at delay cap if his only MA is coming from trait/KKK and no JA haste.

(480 + 49 - 50 - 160) * (1024 - 256 - 448) / 1024 = 99.6

Adding in the extra -10 MA would put him at 96.5; .5 delay away from delay reduction cap.
By dustinfoley 2015-02-20 18:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah KKK was marked as -50, so i put -10 on my cloak. And i checked the math i shouldnt be over the cap without dnc ja haste
By dustinfoley 2015-03-03 14:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How updates the spread sheets?

It should be noted that maneuvers should no longer hurt our dps ;-p

Also does anyone want to build a pet spread sheet for puppets?

Instead of a gear tab just have a fill in the blank, something like "Ratk from gear:___", Haste from gear____, etc so you dont have to edit all the possible gear sets in.

Would be nice to know which set of gear/attachments are math wise the best options for hybrid sets.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-03 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
How updates the spread sheets?

It should be noted that maneuvers should no longer hurt our dps ;-p

Also does anyone want to build a pet spread sheet for puppets?

Instead of a gear tab just have a fill in the blank, something like "Ratk from gear:___", Haste from gear____, etc so you dont have to edit all the possible gear sets in.

Would be nice to know which set of gear/attachments are math wise the best options for hybrid sets.

The last thf spreadsheet i got was from right after woe surge and before rudras update. Motenten should have quit the game, so its like a good 5 months to update.