Dancing Salvage Bans.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dancing Salvage Bans.
Dancing Salvage Bans.
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18
By lhova 2015-02-11 19:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I hear SE banned peeps for cheating in Salvage. Damn SE you mad bruh?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-11 19:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How about let's not *** lock this one, and there won't be another one, just a thought.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-11 19:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is "her"?

Answering the topic, thread lock will make this thread dance long before her.

SE always banned players related to third party tools usage, exploits and rmt suspicious activity.

This time it was diferent because, instead banning a couple of anon chineses, they got ffxiah/bg users, and those started to discuss as if it was a bigger ban wave than it was.

The ban supose reason is exploiting salvage, rmt activity or boting activity.

Suposelly you will get a mail explaining what you did and your punishment (3 days or perma for second offense). If its a mistake from SE, you can retrieve your account. If you actually deserve ban, youre a bad player and its game over for you.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-11 19:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a stupid song by lil' wayne, juicy j, genericretardrappername etc.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-11 20:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that happened in like, 2006.
By fonewear 2015-02-11 20:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

2006 was a good year.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-02-11 23:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
How about let's not *** lock this one, and there won't be another one, just a thought.

This.
By ryukin182 2015-02-11 23:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Damn SE you mad bruh?
Does pointing out someone is mad make you feel better? Does it accomplish anything? Petty Highschool kid ***coming to FFXI? Keep that ***in league.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-02-12 00:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
Damn SE you mad bruh?
Does pointing out someone is mad make you feel better? Does it accomplish anything? Petty Highschool kid ***coming to FFXI? Keep that ***in league.

Why provoke? :/
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-02-12 00:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Damn SE you mad bruh?

Seems to be the *** craze lately.

*Gets banhammer warmed up.*
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-12 01:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we're on the discussion of locked threads and people arguing about nothing, what happened to that thread on the Slyph forum about that returning guy? I saw it earlier today, just a few people giving the guy some tips. Came back tonight, was 4 pages of people not even from Sylph arguing about/to each other. Now the thread is gone, which bothers me cuz I told the guy I'd give him a pearl and I don't remember his name.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-12 02:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Since we're on the discussion of locked threads and people arguing about nothing, what happened to that thread on the Slyph forum about that returning guy? I saw it earlier today, just a few people giving the guy some tips. Came back tonight, was 4 pages of people not even from Sylph arguing about/to each other. Now the thread is gone, which bothers me cuz I told the guy I'd give him a pearl and I don't remember his name.

Purrs.

Nuked because of the fapping omega wolves, poor omega wolves...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-02-12 03:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Damn SE you mad bruh?

He's going Berserk.
By Nyruul 2015-02-12 03:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-02-12 04:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay gotta ban them all ! They deserve it, that's all folks <3
By lhova 2015-02-12 16:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get how SE could afford to ban anyone with the current popularity of the game. I would love to have information on "new" players to the mmorpg. By banning people SE is just further diminishing their revenue stream and alienating the only people that will continue to invest is this game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 16:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it or not, the people who get banned come back to the game. Its a drug that they can't get enough of. Cops bust them, take their supply, they get all huffy puffy, promise to change their life....

....And then they are back in the game in 2 weeks, halfway to their next mythic.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-02-12 16:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get how SE could afford to ban anyone with the current popularity of the game. I would love to have information on "new" players to the mmorpg. By banning people SE is just further diminishing their revenue stream and alienating the only people that will continue to invest is this game.
And on the other side of it a corrupt economy and abuse of unintended third party programs use won't draw in any new players either. The people using 3PP and being vocal about temps and bannings is too small to have any noticeable impact in real revenue. Their game and their enforcement for how strict they will be towards it is their own choosing, fairness isn't really necessary.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-02-12 16:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Server upkeep is pretty small these days.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-12 16:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

so I guess lots of people who cheated got banned and now are mad. oh boy, insert playing with fire and get burned.jpg

but... do we need so many threads for this. I mean everyone knows how they did it and how its not 'fixed'. lets move on already.
By lhova 2015-02-12 16:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But to give someone a temp ban I don't really get the point. They still got the item/gil. And there will always be a new glitch or hack down the road. Just make it a free for all.
[+]
By lhova 2015-02-12 16:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
so I guess lots of people who cheated got banned and now are mad. oh boy, insert playing with fire and get burned.jpg

but... do we need so many threads for this. I mean everyone knows how they did it and how its not 'fixed'. lets move on already.

I guess I'm not part of "everyone" then because I don't know any of the specifics other than there was some sort of way you could hack salvage. My point of the thread weren't in regards to the mechanics of the cheating, it was more derived from whats the point of the policing in the first place.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 16:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that's a dumb idea. A game where you have to cheat to stay relevant is really crappy
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-12 17:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just exploiting salvage that people are getting banned for. It looks like recently SE is banning all sorts of behavior (bots, exploits, and RMT). Who knows why SE has decided to start paying attention now... they seem to work in mysterious ways. In depth discussion of how to do these things is just going to get another thread closed so best to avoid that. My biggest concern is seeing legit players get caught in these bans. I have had friends banned for RMT in the past simply because they were crafters with crazy amounts of gil.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 17:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm suddenly happy of being poor.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2015-02-12 17:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
It's not just exploiting salvage that people are getting banned for. It looks like recently SE is banning all sorts of behavior (bots, exploits, and RMT). Who knows why SE has decided to start paying attention now... they seem to work in mysterious ways. In depth discussion of how to do these things is just going to get another thread closed so best to avoid that. My biggest concern is seeing legit players get caught in these bans. I have had friends banned for RMT in the past simply because they were crafters with crazy amounts of gil.

which is kinda mind boggling with how easy it is to stumble into gil anymore. low man some Delve, do some in demand Unity mobs, convert your sparks to gil. hurry through a Salvage farm. it doesn't take much for a lot of little things to add up to a couple million gil without really trying. if you actively want to make money in game, you don't need exploits to pull down a surprising amount.
[+]
 Siren.Zagato
Server: Siren
user: Zagato
By Siren.Zagato 2015-02-12 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh for the hell of it, let's do this. Apologies in advance for the long post.

It is very simple to comment in this issue, do you use windower/guildwork or anything outside of the standard POL? If you are able to ALT+Tab; then you are cheating. I've had it with the "better than thou" attitude from people around here.

I can assure you that there are very few if any mythic weapons out there that were not acquired by some type of exploit whether it was directly or indirectly done.

You purchased cheap Alex from people who had over 150 in their bazaar on a daily basis, your mythic is not legit. It doesn't matter how your Gil was obtained; it is not that hard to understand.

Is it wrong to have exploited the system, yes and no; because as always SE demonstrated once again how assh*olish they are. They knew this was happening and instead of fixing it right away (which they could have done sooooooooooo easily), they let it happen for a long time. This has been broken for years and they knew about it; did they fix it!? No. Did they really think that all these mythic weapons showing up left and right were a miracle?

People knew the banhammer was coming eventually, obviously they did. SE has never let anything like this go.

- Is it fair, if you ask me, it is not. It was SE's fault, they knew about it and did nothing to fix it.

SE should have patch it, admit they messed up and call it a day.

P.S. - Sieha go melee on your summoner and go f*ck yourself with something hard and sand-papery. You are annoying. I mean, I knew Siren had hit rock bottom but wow, you really take it to another level.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18