Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 110 111 112
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-14 18:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should just make confrontation either not wipe param bonus, or grant 5/5 automatically.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-14 18:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
I suppose I was confused. Sorry about propagating bad info.

So I did a lot of content on DRG over the weekend. An aeonic run, Dynamis, Masterial Trials, Lilith, Odin, etc. DRG is extremely viable and competitive in all content now.

I will say that DRG falls behind in repeated aeonic kills because you have to use Spirit Link at the beginning of every fight, but it's still solid for the fights you have it available on (about 50%). For helms, you should have it every fight basically and you're at no disadvantage other than Vinipata which is a ***.

I was wrong about Spirit Bond. I know exactly where it fits now and the usage is as suggested by Martel. Pop SB, Use Restoring Breath, Cancel. That extra 100% full cure for Wyvern changes the game for fights like Iroha, Unafraid of the Dark, Black & White, etc. You can keep your wyvern up relatively easily with JAs / Pet DT & HP set now.

The spirit link thing is an issue though. Not gonna lie.

When my buffs are down I start out with leg sweep. The potency is rediculous on stuff that doesnt resist stun. Sometimes just stun locking gimmicky NMs while people go to town is helpful.

The first initial one is the strongest.

It is what it is though.

Actually stun locked iron side whjch was hilarious.

You really can stun lock a ton of things. Especially mobs that respond with a delayed TP move right out of the gate when the stun comes off CD (like the Fomors from ambuscade last month.)
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-14 18:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Just question outta curiousity. What is the recomendation now days for ws and weapon choice in dyna d wave 3 now.

Rhongomiant R15 or Ryunohige R15 for Wave 1 / Wave 2.

So why Rhongo... It's because it's white damage is really strong and your white damage vs WS avg in Wave 1 / 2 is going lean toward Empyrean AM3. Ryu is just a monster at attack overcap so it's good.

You can observe this phenomenon with R15 Almace BLU vs R15 Tizona BLU on Wave 1 and 2. The Almace puts in real work in this context, but everywhere else Tizona absolutely murders Almace. This can also be easily seen in R15 Calad v R15 Liberator. Empyrean AM3 is extremely powerful in those waves.

Trishula R15 for Wave 3 - All other weapons fall behind significantly because you need to be using Stardiver on Wave 3 and Trishula has the big boi damage boost + 30/30 augment.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-15 00:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a thing... Just so you know, we can get an obnoxious amount of WSD and Cataclysm is like an amazing AoE WS.

So this dude takes full dark damage, but this also means that you'd be doing as much magic damage as the CORs in W3 and cleaving the butts out of Wave 1 and 2 trolololol.

ItemSet 369004
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 00:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, that is awesome.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 00:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a thing... Just so you know, we can get an obnoxious amount of WSD and Cataclysm is like an amazing AoE WS.

So this dude takes full dark damage, but this also means that you'd be doing as much magic damage as the CORs in W3 and cleaving the butts out of Wave 1 and 2 trolololol.

ItemSet 369004

I’ll have to try this out. I have everything on this set minus the body, but I think sacro breastplate should beat it out. Looks like a lot of fun (dump a huge cataclysm and super jump away)
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-15 00:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I’ll have to try this out. I have everything on this set minus the body, but I think sacro breastplate should beat it out. Looks like a lot of fun (dump a huge cataclysm and super jump away)

It's magic damage. Nearly zero enmity associated to that 60k :) Funny story, you can also use 5/5 Shattersoul to buff magic damage even further.........

So if you wanted to be realistic about a dynamis party, just run CORx2, GEO, BRD, MNK or DRG, DRG. MNK can kind of abuse this too, just not to the same extent, we get more WSD.

So you would do March, Madx2, Etudex2, Sam, Tact, Wiz, Fighter. Acumen, Focus, INT in this party, Languor/Malaise in Tank PT.

If you try this, make sure to pull on the right eyes or your damage will be poops.
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 06:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt that 10% wsd hands, legs and 7%wsd feet are optimal here.

Sacro breastplate, carmine gauntlets, founder's feet are 3 fast upgrades. Now ideally you would want 30mab/xWSD valorous feet and legs too.

Reikikon should also be an upgrade. 15%WSD vs +32INT, +226 Magic Damage and +30MAB.

Also mobs in wave 1 and 2 has 54-60k HP or something like that, so if you pull off 60k Cataclysm, then enmity doesn't matter, because everything is dead.

That being said Im kinda skeptical, that this damage is replicable in dynamis. Knowing Shozo, he used every possible buff available including JA buffed geo Malaise or Acumen, 11 rolls, dark weather from sch etc. and escha buffs were there too. Now in Dynamis mobs takes more damage from magic in Sandoria, Jeuno and Bastok (when you pull right eyes. keep in mind Jeuno mobs you need to pull green eyes, because blue has 99% resist to AoE), but Geomancy is nerfed and Malaise is probably a huge part of that 60k.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-15 07:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh I've tried Cata builds, works on farming trash mobs in Reisen but falls apart in most other situations. Pretty much need BoG / Bolster Idris Acumen + Malaise to deal decent damage. The fTP doesn't have amazing scaling like leaden, the WSC's are too low, the dINT isn't doubled and has a 32 cap.
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 08:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I also feel that if you want to AoE wave 1 and 2, then BLU is far more suited for that. you can rotate spells that break, terrorize and stun. AoE range is also bigger and defensive abilities way better in case of taking hate, but its a DRG thread :P
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-15 10:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I really doubt that 10% wsd hands, legs and 7%wsd feet are optimal here.

Sacro breastplate, carmine gauntlets, founder's feet are 3 fast upgrades. Now ideally you would want 30mab/xWSD valorous feet and legs too.

Reikikon should also be an upgrade. 15%WSD vs +32INT, +226 Magic Damage and +30MAB.

Also mobs in wave 1 and 2 has 54-60k HP or something like that, so if you pull off 60k Cataclysm, then enmity doesn't matter, because everything is dead.

That being said Im kinda skeptical, that this damage is replicable in dynamis. Knowing Shozo, he used every possible buff available including JA buffed geo Malaise or Acumen, 11 rolls, dark weather from sch etc. and escha buffs were there too. Now in Dynamis mobs takes more damage from magic in Sandoria, Jeuno and Bastok (when you pull right eyes. keep in mind Jeuno mobs you need to pull green eyes, because blue has 99% resist to AoE), but Geomancy is nerfed and Malaise is probably a huge part of that 60k.

I have zero interest in min/maxing this set. Just an example of a gimmick that's fun / funny. I suppose the tone was lost upon you. Needing to be DRG/WAR is not so good.

SimonSes said: »
I also feel that if you want to AoE wave 1 and 2, then BLU is far more suited for that. you can rotate spells that break, terrorize and stun. AoE range is also bigger and defensive abilities way better in case of taking hate, but its a DRG thread :P

DRG forum fam, "just play blu" isn't a real suggestion. :)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-15 10:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For Dyna DRG already has a great job, taking out the champion mobs that such to BLU burn down. BLU's are great at burning trash mobs because trash mobs don't have that much HP and can be flattened with a handful of casts. Red statue champion mobs on the other hand have much higher stats and take forever to burn down, time that could be better spent burning more trash mobs. Melee jobs that can self SC can destroy those champions with 2~3 SC's, and DRG fits into that role perfectly.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-15 11:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
SE should just make confrontation either not wipe param bonus, or grant 5/5 automatically.

SE should just make the Wyvern grant the bonus implicitly and not tie it to 1000 EXP/Spirit Link/Empathy. Let Spirit Link only be for healing the wyvern/transferring buffs. Or, just have it so that every Empathy upgrade calls the wyvern out with 200-1000 EXP.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-10-15 19:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I re-worked my spreadsheet to include the Critical Hit Rate bonus from Shining One and for the trait/bonus calculations to be correct on the info Veikur put together.

The results are interesting to say the least and are pending verification. I've scheduled some solo DD WoCs to test as closely as possible.

The real-world tests will be slightly skewed because of the -DT that WoC gets as the fight goes on, but should be within a 8% margin of error...

DRG/SAM
Mob: Warder of Courage
Vorseals: Max
Length: 3min
Cycle all Jumps?: Yes
Use Fly High?: No

Trishula - Stardiver @ 1,250 w/ TP Bonus 750
Avg DPS: 8,422.19

Ryunohige - Drakesbane @ 1,000
Avg DPS: 8,014.59
Differential: -4.8% from BiS

Rhongomiant - Camlann’s Torment @ 1,000
Avg DPS: 7,911.03
Differential: -6% from BiS

The Shining One - Impulse Drive @ 1,750 w/ TP Bonus 250
Avg DPS: 7,419.68
Differential: -11.9% from BiS

Gungnir - Geirskogul @ 1,000
Avg DPS: 7,399.01
Differential: -12.1% from BiS

Interesting Observation: Using Stardiver instead of the augmented weapon skill seemingly results in very little change / sometimes worse DPS. I.E. Spamming Stardiver with Rhongomiant isn’t going to be better than Camlann’s Torment @ R15.
@ R0, every weapon performs best while spamming Stardiver after activating any relevant aftermath.

Second Interesting Observation: @ R0, Rhongomiant is putting in work and is right on Trishula's ***.

Does this analysis need to be re-run to include 31% wsd which effects all hits?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-15 19:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Does this analysis need to be re-run to include 31% wsd which effects all hits?

Already did. Numbers weren't different enough to justify reposting. Just makes the multi-hits a little bit stronger.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-16 13:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is rather old and unimportant, but I wanted to get a test post made so I'd have something to reference on the wiki.

So, the augments strafe effect on relic legs, used to add save TP +5 * merit level to wyvern breaths.(under the old x/300 TP scale) But then breaths were changed to not consume TP. So what does it do now?

It simply gives your wyvern TP upon using a breath.

Simple test. 1/5 strafe merits. Locked in Ptero legs +3.
Used restoring breath. Wyvern gained 50 TP. Used Smiting breath. Wyvern gained another 50 for 100 total.

Presumably this would be 250 TP with 5/5 strafe merits.

This is actually kinda neat. It gives you a way to both precharge your wyvern with TP via restoring breath, and a way for the wyvern to gain TP during fights where it can't hit anything with melee. Then you can get a bit more DPS out of spirit link.

But the merits really kill it. Having to drop Angon or empathy merits for something so minor? Nope.

Anyway, now I have my test reference to link to from BG wiki. Now to update the wiki. Carry on.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-16 14:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was literally thinking about this last week. I've been away from the game a long time but I thought this would have been neat since Wyverns don't expend TP anymore when using breaths and Dragoons can get extra weapon skills from the half TP donated from Wyvern during Spirit Link. I surmised that nobody would care however, because nobody puts merits into Strafe. Healing Breath granting TP is interesting and unexpected, but not surprising since it technically is a TP move (used to consume TP to add potency).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-16 14:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, if they'd just made it so it gave the 250 TP directly to the DRG, this would actually be pretty awesome. Post WS and sitting on 450~ TP. XD But nope. They had to link it to a ja recast, and half the TP gain. And lock it behind merits we don't have the leeway for.

Just uncap all merits already!
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 14:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure outside of healing and the benefits your leveled wyvern provides, the wyvern doesnt do much anymore. Its like a pet in some of those anime-esque MMOs that all they do is follow you and look interesting rather than actually fight.
By Ozaii 2019-10-18 03:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For stardiver wave 3. You prob aremt atk capping so what would be the recomended neck? Id imagine fotia. But maybe others are comparable? Anyone mind sharing wave 3 stardiver sets btw? I would just swap into using shining one impulse for wave 3 but if its being outperformed by trish stardiver then id rather use that honestly.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-18 04:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For stardiver wave 3. You prob aremt atk capping so what would be the recomended neck? Id imagine fotia. But maybe others are comparable? Anyone mind sharing wave 3 stardiver sets btw? I would just swap into using shining one impulse for wave 3 but if its being outperformed by trish stardiver then id rather use that honestly.

Your Shining One should not be outperforming your R15 Trishula by any shade of gray. If it is, you have set issues.

The Stardiver - Max Tier (Uncapped) set on the BG-Wiki guide is the current BiS set for when you're uncapped.

Weapon skill sets

Whether you're attack capped or not depends on your buffs. If you have Geo-Fury, Chaos Roll, Minuet V you're going to be attack capped on all Volte mobs. You're likely uncapped on Volte NMs and the Wave 3 boss. It's possible you're capped on NMs, I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it with the above buffs.

If you use a Dancer, rotate bards for extra attack songs you'll be attack capped for the whole wave.

It's best to just implement a "WeaponskillMode" toggle for your GearSwap, if you're unsure, just use your uncapped set.
By SimonSes 2019-10-18 05:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Pretty sure outside of healing and the benefits your leveled wyvern provides, the wyvern doesnt do much anymore. Its like a pet in some of those anime-esque MMOs that all they do is follow you and look interesting rather than actually fight.

This is why none want to play WHM. People see you as that not so important last tier character, that follows the party and cheer for alpha males :D
By Ozaii 2019-10-18 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Shining One should not be outperforming your R15 Trishula by any shade of gray. If it is, you have set issues.

The Stardiver - Max Tier (Uncapped) set on the BG-Wiki guide is the current BiS set for when you're uncapped.

Weapon skill sets

Whether you're attack capped or not depends on your buffs. If you have Geo-Fury, Chaos Roll, Minuet V you're going to be attack capped on all Volte mobs. You're likely uncapped on Volte NMs and the Wave 3 boss. It's possible you're capped on NMs, I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it with the above buffs.

If you use a Dancer, rotate bards for extra attack songs you'll be attack capped for the whole wave.

It's best to just implement a "WeaponskillMode" toggle for your GearSwap, if you're unsure, just use your uncapped set.

That is what im using just returning from a break started at the begining of the month wantes to make sure im up to date. Also thought i read shining would outperform trish on wave 3 somewhere.
By Ozaii 2019-10-18 12:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Need that +2 neck. The wyverns dt looks so nice.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-18 12:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Need that +2 neck. The wyverns dt looks so nice.

It was a super solid investment for me. For sure.
By Ozaii 2019-10-18 12:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea have had enough attempts to go 21 of each moldy collar and andalusite crystals. Still no luck.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-18 13:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a shame. At low levels 1-40, the Wyvern does about 30%ish of your auto attacks and the breaths are about 40-50% of your damage. If they had kept that ratio up, Dragoon would have been solid, but they didn't and it really shows. In other MMOs pet jobs actually contribute to a job directly instead of just being a flying if->then with an HP bar for granting invisible bonuses.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-18 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon is still quite solid, its just your wyvern is only there now as a heal/buff stick rather than an actual companion.

I love watching a BiS drg do some 50k damage WS and then the wyvern follows up with an 800 point breath xD
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-18 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

your wyvern is only there now as a heal/buff stick

The job fantasy is quite accurate to implementation, I think that's the most important part. Part of what drew me to Dragoon when I started was the class fantasy of it all. You forged a pact with your wyvern. When it's present, the shared bond increases your physical power. You have to maintain, look after it, and give up part of your soul keep it alive. Losing your wyvern is devastating. It creates this crazy situation where you actually care about your pixel pet and all your choices revolve around doing what's best for both of you.

Aside from the fantasy of it all, you can still utilize your Wyvern for magic bursts, decent damage if you make the pet macc/mab/breath sets, and great healing power.

I've been actually soloing Lilith on E with DRG/BLU. It's not too bad. It's a slower gameplay style but it lets me experience a time in the game that doesn't exist anymore and I was very fond of. The game meta forcing me to solo DRG to 75 created a year's worth of memories and challenges. It's fun to revisit those!
[+]
By Nariont 2019-10-18 14:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasnt there a brief period before the 1st major WS patch that with wyvern breath dmg+ augs and i think relic head the breath dmg was actually decent? Assuming no resists which with even the macc augs i believe happened depending on what breath was used
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 110 111 112