Moonshade Earring
 Asura.Meekriot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-08-06 09:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I hate to revisit an old topic, but I have heard lots of debates about what augments were best for SAM for Moonshade Earring. I've read from people online that say Attack/TP Bonus+25 is the best, Accuracy/Occ. grants dmg. bonus based on TP +5%. Or any of this combination. Even TP Regain.

What combo is most beneficial for SAM?

Thanks,
Meekriot
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-06 09:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack/TP Bonus is massively ahead of other options, especially now with Fudo being so key for samurai using any weapon.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-06 09:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With your job spread, I'd take 4 acc and tp bonus tbh.

In any situation where you're not capped in accuracy, that 4 acc is going to ***all over the 4 attack, and when you're not, it's 4 attack, not losing much by not having it, lol. But that's just me I suppose.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-08-06 10:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 4 acc and tp bonus myself thinking the same as tiger. The tp bonus is what makes it the best given how ftp scales massively now.
 Asura.Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-08-06 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
With your job spread, I'd take 4 acc and tp bonus tbh.

In any situation where you're not capped in accuracy, that 4 acc is going to ***all over the 4 attack, and when you're not, it's 4 attack, not losing much by not having it, lol. But that's just me I suppose.

This was my thinking as well, 4 attack didn't seem to outweight the benefits of going with Acc+4. I'll do Acc/Tp Bonus.

Thanks guys.
By Sieha1 2014-08-06 10:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Attack/TP Bonus is massively ahead of other options, especially now with Fudo being so key for samurai using any weapon.

We are kind of overflowing with attack these days. Accuracy is harder to get. Nothing wrong with Attack but currently its not that useful.

On another note, most ws these days scale to TP so most will benefit from this earring.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-08-06 11:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
i'd do mp+25/refresh+1 since the delve earrings, brutal/steelflash or str earrings would be good enough or better for some ws.

I don't generally play mage jobs, except for BLU. Have them leveled up if I desire to play them, but meh... no interest for now or the foreseeable future.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-08-06 13:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
i'd do mp+25/refresh+1 since the delve earrings, brutal/steelflash or str earrings would be good enough or better for some ws.

No.. they simply would not.

Why?

Because +25tp bonus is a direct DMG increase resulting from a higher boost to your TP mod. For instance..

Fudo benefits greatly from higher TP.. therefore boosting its "TP" with moonshade is going to directly increase its damage.

Pretend two Samurai are in the same party, one is using Moonshade (A) and one is not (B). They both do 100 WS's. Samurai A's WSs do on average 500 more damage than Samurai B's. Over the course of 100 WSs (less than 1 delve run) Samurai A would have done 50,000 more damage than Samurai B simply because he was wearing Moonshade. Thats the difference Moonshade makes in this case.

What about WSs that do not get direct damage boosts, such a critical hit weapon skills? Well.. lets look at Drakesbane, which does not have a damage multiplier associated with higher TP values BUT WSing at high TP values does raise its crit rate.

Drakesbane
1000TP 10% crit
2000TP 25% crit
3000TP 40% crit

You gain roughy an additional 3.5% crit rate from WSing in Moonshade with TP Bonus +25.

Now.. here's the kicker: You can wear brutal earring or some form of stat+ earring with Moonshade to boost your damage further.

This would mean that if I wear Brutal and Moonshade for Drakesbane I get +3.5% crit rate and +5% DA, which is a significantly larger DPS increase than 7% double attack and some att/acc. And as discussed above, Moonshade does not directly increase the damage dealt by drakes meaning that this is a great example to show one of its weakest effects.

For things like Fudo, or even Stardiver which benefits nicely from higher TP values, the boost is enormous.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-06 14:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

We are kind of overflowing with attack these days. Accuracy is harder to get. Nothing wrong with Attack but currently its not that useful.

On another note, most ws these days scale to TP so most will benefit from this earring.

Interesting. ACC is definitely preferable to ATK when you aren't accuracy-capped... but I would think that accuracy is devalued a tad on Fudo because it's single-hit, so receives a large boost to accuracy. On Shoha/Stardiver, ACC/TP Bonus is going to be a lot more valuable.

The only NMs that I do on samurai where I'm not accuracy-capped are mandy and Wopket, probably VD SKCNM. I doubt I'll change my earring to accuracy because we don't farm Yorcia over Delve1 for plasm.