Gear Set Diffferences When Using Koga?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Gear set diffferences when using Koga?
Gear set diffferences when using Koga?
By cervelo84 2014-07-27 06:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am close to obtaining this weapon..Finally.

So I was told that double attack gear > windbuffet and that necklace. Quad and triple attack gear is overkill. You want to be at 100 % double attack with AM3 ofc. Thoughts?

Also for the helm. Are you guys using the Tenzen helm with conserve tp +8? And are the abyssea belts/necks that increase WS dmg/ accuracy / conserve tp worth using or is +str belt/neck gear better for Wsing?

Thanks.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-27 06:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
I am close to obtaining this weapon..Finally.

So I was told that double attack gear > windbuffet and that necklace. Quad and triple attack gear is overkill. You want to be at 100 % double attack with AM3 ofc. Thoughts?

Also for the helm. Are you guys using the Tenzen helm with conserve tp +8? And are the abyssea belts/necks that increase WS dmg/ accuracy / conserve tp worth using or is +str belt/neck gear better for Wsing?

Thanks.

there would be a lot to post; you can check my gearset under my ffxiah. But going for 100% DA rate isn't the way to go. First you wanna go for a 4hit.

Also since ftp change for fudo, STP is often better than DA/TA.
By cervelo84 2014-07-27 08:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a confession.

My samurai is 99 but I never played it. The mythic will put me on the path of playing samurai.

I have a monk and so I do have the Otronif +1 gear with +2 dbl attack augments. ( took 22 +2 stones...)

The problem with Otronif is lack of accuracy. Ccl I looked at your gear and you are accuracy heavy but lack stp and double attack. There is not much content that requires more then 800 checkparam accuracy ( pre food/ buffs ) Hence why I am thinking Skadi feet/leg/hands are priority pieces.

But ofc I don't play samurai so I do need opinions. I hear that the Hasso + AF/ relic ( idk which ) is essential? Idk even know what hasso does lol!
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 08:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a confession.

My samurai is 99 but I never played it. The mythic will put me on the path of playing samurai.

I have a monk and so I do have the Otronif +1 gear with +2 dbl attack augments. ( took 22 +2 stones...)

The problem with Otronif is lack of accuracy. Ccl I looked at your gear and you are accuracy heavy but lack stp and double attack. There is not much content that requires more then 800 checkparam accuracy ( pre food/ buffs ) Hence why I am thinking Skadi feet/leg/hands are priority pieces.

But ofc I don't play samurai so I do need opinions. I hear that the Hasso + AF/ relic ( idk which ) is essential? Idk even know what hasso does lol!

Even skcnm 20 dificult requires 900+ acc in mnk.
Hasso is job ability haste. You can stack hasso after capping magic and gear haste. Hasso can be used fulltime (recast is lower than duration) and must be keep full time.
How can you state he lacks stp?
Also he has different sets for diferent accuracy needs. Did you check it all?
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2014-07-27 08:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wowwwwwww that is the true case of a player who leached and went band wagon on a weapon. Typically before you get to the point where you almost have the weapon you'd want to research the job and what everything does. When I use to play I'd spend hours reading about jobs I was considering playing.
[+]
By cervelo84 2014-07-27 08:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I researched Koga.

Samurai has the easiest time keeping AM3 up. That's what I wanted.

My monk has Verethragna so I don't want Glanz.

So the pants or w/e it was that gives + hasso are top priority over STP gear I take it?
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2014-07-27 09:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really what I was getting at.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 09:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I researched Koga.

Samurai has the easiest time keeping AM3 up. That's what I wanted.

My monk has Verethragna so I don't want Glanz.

So the pants or w/e it was that gives + hasso are top priority over STP gear I take it?

Its just one piece of gear, and thats it the wakido hands. The hasso gear doesnt stack. Stp is always priority, then multi attack (if acc is capped ofc).
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-27 10:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is not much content that requires more then 800 checkparam accuracy ( pre food/ buffs ) Hence why I am thinking Skadi feet/leg/hands are priority pieces.

900 acc w/o food or ionis is the standard for delve 2 and any high tier bcnm on difficult+ , granted most players actually fall short of 900 and can still skate by but finishing an event with a 60% acc parse is kinda embarrassing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-07-27 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41903/bushido-the-way-of-the-samurai-a-guide-v-20/

You're better off reading and having hands on experience than having different people teach you what to do.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-27 11:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a confession.

Well if you want Skadi pieces to be a priority then thats fine id have gone with Usukane though or ilvl pieces. Iirc doesnt the game look for a DA proc before the OA2-3 and OA2-3 cant proc on a DA making DA a loss in DPS and TA/QA would still raise your DPS?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-27 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi is a typo. Sam cant use it, and even usukane isnt prefered.
I think he meant sakonji instead of skadi.
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-07-27 12:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

doing this all wrong, you should be making a mythic for the job you love most, not a job you dont know anything about :/ its understandable based on what you have read it makes Koga attractive, but you need to know how to play the job before you just jump in, above stated shows SAM CANNOT wear Skadi, Usukane went out the window basically as soon as Adoulin hit "outside its looks for town gear" you need few different tp sets while using Koga, and you need to learn STP values on your own if your gonna make the best weapon SAM can use, the perfect sets to create proper builds, and experience playing before, anyways best of luck OP.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-07-27 12:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you check my FFXIAH profile, I have a number of sets for Koga. The base set/low acc set I used is a 4-hit with Fudo. Once I put any of the acc sets on, it becomes a 5 hit.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-28 07:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ccl I looked at your gear and you are accuracy heavy but lack stp and double attack. There is not much content that requires more then 800 checkparam accuracy ( pre food/ buffs ) Hence why I am thinking Skadi feet/leg/hands are priority pieces.

Looks better there are set with stp and set with accuracy!

1)All set are assuming bloodrain/stp bow, if you find a better set dmg wise for when accuracy doesn't matter feel free to share with me.
2) I explained already about DA.
3) Sam cannot use skadi; if you mean Usukane, it is very bad compared to ilvl option.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-07-28 08:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It was said before, but to reiterate...

The system checks Double Attack, Triple and Quad Attack before and separately from OAT2-3. While adding double attack is still a DPS upgrade, it is significantly smaller when AM3 is up. For instance, when AM3 is up the only multi-attack that provides a decent upgrade is TA and QA and it becomes more beneficial to stack STP, Crit and Attack when AM3 is up.

And as CCL mentioned before, after the WS update it is more important than ever to stack STP in your AM3 up set. With the changes to FTP values at higher lvls of TP, WSing with 1500-2000 TP is more beneficial than using a skill at 1000 TP as long as you can get there in the same number of attack rounds. (or relatively close)
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-28 08:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a confession.

The content that doesn't require 800 pre-food accuracy really doesn't stress samurai out that much. It's nice to crush Tojil but you have empy monk, which is honestly probably better there due to having two phases of increased damage and better utility.

Where mythic samurai shines is Yorcia delve, and VD SKCNM. Yorcia is a zone where you'll want a good samurai (or several) although I think some people load up too much on sam's, so white damage sucks.
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2014-07-29 00:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if he makes a mythic for a job he never played? It's not like understanding a job or knowing how to play it is hard if you have half a brain.
By cervelo84 2014-07-29 17:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mastered Monk and samurai will not be any harder. I plan on finishing out my macro pieces before Koga is i119. I knew I would like Koga ( love I mean ! ) so it was a no brainer which Mythic I wanted to choose.