WHM Enfeeble Sets
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-07-22 03:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone. I'm looking to master my mules enfeeble set. I've got some ideas I use myself, but I want to know if anybody has a max set.

What are your sets that you're using for Delve/2/AA/etc?

Potency vs MAcc?

Thanks ahead of time!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-22 06:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326064

I would say this would be pretty competitive for today's WHM, as far as enfeebling magic goes, not 100% maxed on magic accuracy, but pretty high up there, with a fair sprinkling of potency as well.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-22 07:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Twebuliij can get MND12 macc15 via augment I think too, might be beatable with skirmish 2 staff with random augments but it'll be close
artsieq hat path C gets a total of macc+30 with INT19 MND19
artsieq boots path B total of macc+30 INT14 MND23

edit: Artsieq Hat path B macc25 MND26 means 51 total (vs 49) when that counts and 7 more MND towards your potency, path C means you get the same macc for INT and MND enfeebles if you need to cast those
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-07-22 23:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I can see a better deal now. I have been playing catch up lately and I forgot about the delve2 gear for mages. Those Augments will be nice for Macc if I need them, but I'll need a mix and match depending on mobs.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-22 23:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

my mules set, its not too difficult to get on demand with plasm/gil. kaabnax has +8mnd aug

sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'] =
{
main={ name="Lehbrailg +2", augments={'DMG:+16','Magic crit. hit rate +3','Mag. Acc.+30',}},
sub="Mephitis Grip",
ammo="Kalboron Stone",
head="Kaabnax Hat",
body={ name="Artsieq Jubbah", augments={'MP+30','Mag. Acc.+20','MND+7',}},
hands={ name="Artsieq Cuffs", augments={'MP+30','Mag. Acc.+20','MND+7',}},
legs={ name="Artsieq Hose", augments={'MP+30','Mag. Acc.+20','MND+7',}},
feet={ name="Artsieq Boots", augments={'MP+30','Mag. Acc.+20','MND+7',}},
neck="Weike Torque",
waist="Ovate Rope",
left_ear="Psystorm Earring",
right_ear="Lifestorm Earring",
left_ring="Sangoma Ring",
right_ring="Perception Ring",
back="Refraction Cape",
}
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-07-23 01:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems I need to go and get myself a skirmish staff and also Artsieq gear. Does the Ouryu body beat Art body by much in high macc situations?
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 01:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yea ouryu body is better i think, i dont have it for my mule but i settle for the artsieq because its a mule.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-07-23 01:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Thanks again for the ideas. I see where I need to improve and set out to get a few more Delve gear and farm myself some Airlixers.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 01:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you can use that AH mage body (i forget the name right now, its green, though lol) for mag acc for now as a body, so you can actually get that one last.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-07-23 18:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that most people have it, but Yagrush is pretty much the best enfeeb weapon. I use Yagrush + Muse Tariqah.

Also if you need magic acc, I'd say that either the artifact or relic reforge +1 boots are better than the Hurkan boots.

This is my build:

ItemSet 94433

(Only reason I use Oreiad instead of Aureole is to save inventory since I use Oreiad for cures. Now that inventory isn't as big of a problem, I have considered getting out the Aureole again but I've just been too lazy.)
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-23 18:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 320303

I use this, and swap the odd piece round for more mnd / macc. I have a Macc augment of 27 on my Staff, and from what I've seen Magic Acc > Magic Acc skill, although to what defined value and whether its affected by target level caps etc like MND and INT I don't know and don't care enough to test.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-30 04:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Not that most people have it, but Yagrush is pretty much the best enfeeb weapon....Also if you need magic acc, I'd say that either the artifact or relic reforge +1 boots are better than the Hurkan boots.

Nope, if you are just counting raw macc then Lehbrailg +2 (skirmish) can be augmented with more, and you can use sub Mephitis Grip. Since you list Tariqah too you know MND is relevant, Twebuliij and mephitis grip will lead to macc+20 MND+24 vs your macc+25 MND+7

Feet wise I'd still recommend artsieq boots over either relic or AF 119. 30macc 23MND vs 17macc(from skill) 24MND

Ibodla Necklace is free (plasm) and better, more total macc (12) and MND
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-30 06:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I use this, and swap the odd piece round for more mnd / macc. I have a Macc augment of 27 on my Staff, and from what I've seen Magic Acc > Magic Acc skill, although to what defined value and whether its affected by target level caps etc like MND and INT I don't know and don't care enough to test.
+Macc is a straight increase to Magic Accuracy after all other calculations are performed, meaning it ALWAYS gives the most.
+skill and +Macc skill are the EXACT same thing. These are the second best way to increase Macc since while they do not always provide a 1:1 translation... On average they'll provide ~1:0.9 Macc. Meaning +17 enfeebling skill will give you only ~15 hard Macc.
The Macc skill is calculated by the game in the exact same way that your fake combat skills are: it's +x00 to the skill. So just like normal +skill gear, it's not a 1:1 translation. Again, use 1:0.9 for convenience and simplicity and you'll have the rough Macc fake skill give you. (Macc skill is +skill to all offensive magics for the determining of Macc.)
MND and INT, much like for cure potency, are the WORST things to gear for to land enfeebles. This isn't 2005 people. I'm not saying don't use as much as you can... But if you have a +4Macc ring vs a +4MND... Don't use the MND ring. MND and INT for Macc is all Δ to the mob you're targeting... Meaning "enough" is never a constant thing. This is why hard Macc buffs are always the best thing to do.
Macc isn't the same as Acc where +skill also gives you attack so it's often advantageous to do skill over a straight acc buff...

Always prioritize +Macc above anything else.
(Also: Tamaxchi with +30Macc is a huge boon. And since this is WHM, it's well worth the loss of OAT.)
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 06:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
(Also: Tamaxchi with +30Macc is a huge boon. And since this is WHM, it's well worth the loss of OAT.)

Tamaxchi is 5MND 167Macc Skill and (with that augment) 30Macc. let's say say 5 MND is 5Macc for simplicity and using your info of 1:0.9 on macc skills (which you might need source for this argument, because a lot of people are saying there is no conclusive test for this to be true I can see people coming in and argue otherwise soon!), then the total Macc is 5+ 150.3 + 30 = 185.3

Most mage wield-able main hand at ilvl 119 has 228 macc skills. that on it's own (according to your formula) is already 205.2 Not to mention a lot of them has extra MND/macc/augmentable stuff on top of it.

Tamaxchi sounds like a really bad choice to me. Unless you never change weapon - like when you're meleeing, but if you're in a situation where you're meleeing chances are you're probably not concerned about macc or healing and would want to use a better club.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-30 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There are several components of Magic Accuracy:

Total relevant magic skill (enfeebling, elemental, etc.)
1 Skill = 1 Magic Accuracy
dSTAT : The difference between a caster's attribute and the same attribute on the target.
+1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point 1 Stat = 0.5 Magic Accuracy
Magic Accuracy from equipment, Job Abilities, Atma, Atmacite, etc.
Magic Accuracy

Assuming you gear to try and land enfeebles on highest level content, as in you're probably not going to get Dstat>10~15 then 1 MND = 1 macc = 1 enfeebling skill

If you were specifically referring to macc skill on ilvl weapons then I can't comment on that

Your Dstat also affects the potency of your enfeeble in most cases
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-30 06:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said it was the best.
I said it was a decent option for people.
Jesus Christ the OP is talking about a mule! You think he has time to go get a *** 119 Yagrush!?!?
Tamaxchi with +30Macc is a cheap and easy alternative that someone can get. Not to mention it serves another alternative use than Macc: capping cure potency... It's a convenience thing.

As for anyone thinking that Macc skill is a 1:1 thing... Go back and *** read the dev post when it got added to the game. It's +w/e skill is used for an action... Meaning: if you cast a dark spell, it acts like +Dark Magic skill for determining magic accuracy.
And because that's how it works... It's not a 1:1 return because everyone knows that skill isn't a 1:1 return at all tiers. (Sometimes it's 1:1, sometimes it's 1:09, and there are even times where it's 1:0.8... So unless you're gonna take the time to go out and *** calculate it per tier... Jesus Christ. Ain't no body got time for that ***. 0.9 gives you an estimate. A figure that won't be too far off from the actual yield.)
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 06:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said it was the best.
I said it was a decent option for people.
Jesus Christ the OP is talking about a mule! You think he has time to go get a *** 119 Yagrush!?!?
Tamaxchi with +30Macc is a cheap and easy alternative that someone can get. Not to mention it serves another alternative use than Macc: capping cure potency... It's a convenience thing.

If you spent more time reading, we've kind of established Yagrush is not the best macc weapon. If you're making a yag to get the best macc piece you're being a bit silly here.

There are pletny of ilvl 119 options for Macc, Delve2 R15 staff and skirmish staff is listed here, another option (but inferior) could be venabulum, and there are probably a few more out there that I've missed out. None of which are "hard" to get. But I guess hard would be very dependant on your skills, but it sounds like the OP is capable of getting his hands on delve2 gear so I don't think they're irrelevant for his mules.

If you want to use a ilvl115 for macc you're better off with baqil staff. that has an extra 10 macc skill on it (more MND too). And you can use the delve1 grip for more macc.

An even more easier staff to get that is better would be the ilvl 117 eminent staff.

Quote:
As for anyone thinking that Macc skill is a 1:1 thing... Go back and *** read the dev post when it got added to the game. It's +w/e skill is used for an action... Meaning: if you cast a dark spell, it acts like +Dark Magic skill for determining magic accuracy.
And because that's how it works... It's not a 1:1 return because everyone knows that skill isn't a 1:1 return at all tiers. (Sometimes it's 1:1, sometimes it's 1:09, and there are even times where it's 1:0.8... So unless you're gonna take the time to go out and *** calculate it per tier... Jesus Christ. Ain't no body got time for that ***. 0.9 gives you an estimate. A figure that won't be too far off from the actual yield.)

do you have a source for 1:0.9? Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I can only find info on it on bgwiki, which claims (with sources) that it's 1:1 even above 200 skills.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-30 07:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be silly, everyone knows that, not worth even posting about or discussing. I think only the highest level content is really relevant for your max macc enfeebling set, when does 1 skill = 0.8, 0.9 , 1.0 , 1.1 macc ?

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
I'm looking to master my mules enfeeble set. I've got some ideas I use myself, but I want to know if anybody has a max set.
I think that Crunkie is definitely asking about a max set rather than a convenience set actually. They have already replied and it sounds like they will plan to get skirmish staff, artsieq gear and ischemia chausable, not much point suggesting an inferior weapon to the one they are already choosing
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-30 08:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

There has never been any conclusive evidence indicating that 1 magic skill isn't 1 magic accuracy and some evidence that it is 1:1 past 200 skill. Magic skill and melee combat skills act differently, NEVER assume what's true for one is true for the other.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-30 08:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of what the OP is asking, I think all FaeQueenCory was trying to say is that for a mule Tamaxchi with macc +30 augment is a convenient piece. On the road of progression for my mule i'm probably going to stick that piece on her using the augment for a little while since Tamaxchi should be the #1 priority for any healer anyway. Ideally, obtaining a skirmish staff augmented with macc from +2 stone is the best possible ultimate upgrade at this time(as far as I know).

On the subject of "WHM Enfeebling sets". Any basic enfeebling setup will usually work for Delve1 as long as your skills are capped, using ilvl pieces for main armor, and filling all the equip slots with appropriate gear. Like Flaminglegion mentioned, things get serious with higher level content such a Delve2 and all D/VD battlefields. Just like evasion levels it feels like magic evasion takes a significant jump and every number counts.

ItemSet 326679

This looks like the Ultimate setup to me... although im unsure about Kumbira vs Refraction cape and Weike torque vs Imbodla necklace.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-30 08:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ibodla 7MND 5 skill = 12 macc and 5 extra MND towards potency
Weike 2MND 2 macc 7 skill = 11 macc

Kumbira is a BRD cape, CHR+12 macc+7 singing skill+2
Ogapego+1 is macc+11 if you meant that cape
refraction macc+3 MND+8 = 11macc and 8MND for your potency

If you want absolute max for argument's sake then Levi+1 rings for MND+9 macc+3
Sangoma + NQ levi for 8macc 8MND or NQx2 for 16MND
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-30 08:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that was the one I was thinking of. So say we're going with just landing the enfeeble as main priority on high tier content how does this look?

ItemSet 326680

Also something else i've been thinking about is now that we have new /rdm spells it might be time to have an INT set. I went /rdm on a D mithra run the other day and only managed to land Distract twice with my normal set.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-30 09:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That definitely looks like a perfect ultimate set to me! If you want to, you can do artsieq hat path C instead (or additionally) for 5 extra macc (loses the +7MND, no +INT). I'm sure everyone would be appreciative if they are landable. I don't know how difficult AAs are to enfeeble (not allowed to play mage lol) but I hear they have massive meva on D/VD
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-07-30 10:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

AA VD are pretty hard to enfeeble, but can be done fairly consistently with a build like the ones being discussed here. AA on D or weaker is pretty easy to land consistently. I'd say for D or less, just stay focused on MND.

Also I totally overlooked those Artsieq Boots... might have to make a pair of those...

Lastly, I'm pretty sure not all MAcc stats are created equal. For example, according to Kanican's journal the difference between caster & target's MND is key. Until you pass 10 MND over the target's, you gain 1 MAcc per 1 MND. However once you pass that threshold, you only gain 0.5 MAcc per 1 MND.

So for example if the target has 150 MND, and your enfeeb build has 290. Your last 130 MND are only adding 0.5 MAcc per point, meaning Weike is better than Imbodla for pure magic accuracy unless you're fighting something with like 300 MND. Strictly speaking this means Sangoma can beat Levi+1, but trading 9 MND for 0.5 MAcc might be a bit excessive.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-30 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
+Macc is a straight increase to Magic Accuracy after all other calculations are performed, meaning it ALWAYS gives the most.
+skill and +Macc skill are the EXACT same thing. These are the second best way to increase Macc since while they do not always provide a 1:1 translation... On average they'll provide ~1:0.9 Macc. Meaning +17 enfeebling skill will give you only ~15 hard Macc.
The Macc skill is calculated by the game in the exact same way that your fake combat skills are: it's +x00 to the skill. So just like normal +skill gear, it's not a 1:1 translation. Again, use 1:0.9 for convenience and simplicity and you'll have the rough Macc fake skill give you. (Macc skill is +skill to all offensive magics for the determining of Macc.)
MND and INT, much like for cure potency, are the WORST things to gear for to land enfeebles. This isn't 2005 people. I'm not saying don't use as much as you can... But if you have a +4Macc ring vs a +4MND... Don't use the MND ring. MND and INT for Macc is all Δ to the mob you're targeting... Meaning "enough" is never a constant thing. This is why hard Macc buffs are always the best thing to do.
Macc isn't the same as Acc where +skill also gives you attack so it's often advantageous to do skill over a straight acc buff...

Always prioritize +Macc above anything else.

As I said from what I've seen, which is eyeballing and did also point out that I didn't care enough to test.

Further more, testing was back in 2009 for Macc / skill and was determined to be 1:1 (Not definitively) so please don't post information that is neither A. correct or B. testable ~ as this could confuse the issue.

Macc Tamaxchi is lol.

Lehbrailg +2 is Easy to get, if you claim its not then wow.

Rala Waterways for Base weapon can be done in any SOLOISTS Sleep.
Yorcia - aany half assed BLM can solo this.

Raz - jump in a shout group for KI? not particularly hard, can be done in a couple of hours (with luck).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-30 12:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Yes that was the one I was thinking of. So say we're going with just landing the enfeeble as main priority on high tier content how does this look?

ItemSet 326680

Also something else i've been thinking about is now that we have new /rdm spells it might be time to have an INT set. I went /rdm on a D mithra run the other day and only managed to land Distract twice with my normal set.

Loving this set btw, I might have to actively update mine (when I care enough)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-30 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Or the blm can just solo outer ra'k and skip yorcia

Exactly, it's not exactly hard to get this item lol
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-07-30 19:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »

I think I'll be setting to get this setup, because when I am playing I am playing on 119+ content. I don't play normal BCNMs I play D and VD content. I'm trying to make sure that the debuff lands first and foremost, so this is where you would setup your gearswap for Macc or Potency and use whichever set is appropriate.

When I bring my mule I want him to be able to land debuffs like (most) WHM should be able to when the appropriate debuff jobs are not there or busy with other job functions.

I also think there are many people who are reading this and might be looking for ideas, so I don't know if somebody would like to post maybe different MAcc and Potency sets for beginning/returning players, casual, and "hardcore" players. I myself would be looking to gear myself with "hardcore" players gearsets.
[+]
First Page 2