If You Have Glanzfaust, What Are Your Thoughts?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » If you have Glanzfaust, what are your thoughts?
If you have Glanzfaust, what are your thoughts?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-03-07 14:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Asura.Haxetc said: »
Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
The only thought i have about any mnk rema is how fast i can slam dunk that *** right in the trash.

Cool, now summon the *** up out of this discussion.
I'm sorry, i can't seem to hear you over all these aeonics i'm getting that i dont need.

Should really get off that high horse of yours. A good portion of us already had all/most aeonics without needing summoner. The only difference is that we don’t need our ego stroked in every thread that you try to ***up.
Idk if I can take anyone that has Nagi serious

I have Nagi and Glanz! :D
That's not enough. Make a Claustrum or gtfo!
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-03-07 14:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thought i have about any mnk rema is how fast i can slam dunk that *** right in the trash.

I'm sorry, i can't seem to hear you over all these aeonics i'm getting that i dont need.

Should really get off that high horse of yours. A good portion of us already had all/most aeonics without needing summoner. The only difference is that we don’t need our ego stroked in every thread that you try to ***up.

I support your awesome lockstyle decisions.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-07 17:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »

That's not enough. Make a Claustrum or gtfo!

I glowed my claustrum, and my hvergelmir. does that count?
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-07 18:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

*Remembers when there was only me with AG Claustrum*
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-07 18:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
if it's any consolation, i also paid 550m for draumstafir.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-03-07 18:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-07 19:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
SimonSes said: »
ascetic's fury is a decent ws

How on earth you got to this conclusion. This WS sucks balls like nothing else. It sucks so much that i dont even want to calculate its avg damage with r15 Glanz because I would need to cry seeing such low number on pure dd job.

a crit fury isn't that far behind a crit smite with vere, it really isn't as bad as you make it sound.
it is, though. fury only starts to gain on it when you're ratio is quite low
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-07 19:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I don't really know why people have so many differing views on how MNK performs (and by extension, each of its rema and WSs) while it seems the populace can easily jerk off to WAR SAM DRK etc. Do all the self proclaimed MNKs just really suck that much *** as MNK and not have proper gear or are able to perform as a DD?

I think we can all attest to probably *most* DDs being unable to play this game and their job correctly, despite BiS gear and the likes... and the difference in player/player habits making much more of a difference on parse than gear/job combinations. Let's not even mention things like being able to manage taking hate and debuffs. All this stupid misinformation and analogy being eaten up by people when the source later claims to not even change gear most of the time out of laziness too.

Also, *** off Frod <3
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-03-07 19:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall ever figure out what that weapon does?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-07 20:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »

Yall ever figure out what that weapon does?

Look pretty. Because the ODD is melee hits only, instead of straight DA, the weapon lags faaaaaar behind nirvana for physical pacts, making it useless.

The 25% 'doubles bp effect' ***doubles the stat modifier on damage pacts, which doesn't do much because we don't have much gear that gives direct stats to avatars. doesn't do anything for buffs/debuffs.
By SimonSes 2019-03-08 03:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ascetic's fury is a decent ws

How on earth you got to this conclusion. This WS sucks balls like nothing else. It sucks so much that i dont even want to calculate its avg damage with r15 Glanz because I would need to cry seeing such low number on pure dd job.

a crit fury isn't that far behind a crit smite with vere, it really isn't as bad as you make it sound.

Ok you forced me to check it, but only in MNK sheet.

With capped attack and Impetus up
Ascetic's fury - 24990
Victory Smite - 36304

Its not even close. Additionally, AF have more damage on multi-attack proc hits, then on actual hits provided by WS (Base of AF is just 2 hits with 1.0 fTP, which is pathetic), so WS damage will be all over the place, jumping between 15k and 40k.

The only situation where avg damage of those WSs can be close is when you drop pdif to 2.7, which I admit might happen in low buff scenario, but then Vsmite is starting to do as crap damage as AF, not AF starting to make good damage. If we ever get a fight when we can't really buff ourself or buffs are dispelled all the time, geo won't work and mobs have very high def, then maybe AF will shine in that scenario, but currently it's just crap.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-08 04:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In such an extreme scenario wouldn't you just use a different WS that's neither AF nor VS to begin with?
Like Howling Fist for instance?
By SimonSes 2019-03-08 04:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In such an extreme scenario wouldn't you just use a different WS that's neither AF nor VS to begin with?
Like Howling Fist for instance?

With Impetus down, probably yes. With Impetus up, AF with Glanz should be much better in low attack. AF actually have even more attack boost than Howling Fist (x2 on AF x1.5 on HF), so around 2.5 pdif HF will only boost it to 3.75, while AF will comfortable cap attack even with +2 neck. If we go down even more to like 1.0 pdif, then on top of higher boost to attack, +1 pdif from crit will let AF almost double the pdif of HF.

So I can definitely see Ascetic's Fury with R15 Glanz as superior niche option for scenario with Impetus up and pdif below 2.7
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-08 04:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think in such a scenario (extremely low buffs, Impetus up) R15 Glanz would beat all other options? You talked about R15 Verethragna, what about R15 Godhands, R15 Spharai and Sagitta?

I guess?
[+]
 Asura.Diggs
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2019-03-08 04:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea now we getting into some more juicy stuff. Thanks. But the weapon in general? Now it kinda turned into a AF debate, while most users would probably use AF only to keep up AM3 then spam something more suitable I guess (unless in low buff situations kinda). Also more in depth compared to the others like Sechs ask is interesting!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-08 05:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It becomes interesting because when you're really starving for buffs you need to consider things other than just pure damage.

To make a silly example. Meva is appearently just a defensive stat, right? In many situations it can directly "convert" to higher dps.
If you get debuffed less often and your stun lasts less than it would otherwise, the time you save becomes more time where you swing your fists, which converts into damage.

I'm kinda getting into a dangerous territory now, but this example could for instance apply to Spharai's Counter and Sagitta's DT.

Also, if you really are starving so much for buffs, Spharai's Attack+60 should be a meaningful contribution to damage as well.
Nevermind, I forgot that STR converts 1:1 to attack now, so that means that Verethragna actually gives more att than Spharai, and since R15 Vere lost against R15 Glanz in this specific scenario, then clearly R15 Spharai's attack won't be enough either.

I think we need to define how "buff starved" we're talking though.
Are we talking about no buffs at all? Just trust buffs?
I'm curious about what SimonSes meant specifically when he talked about. He did specificy "pdif to 2.7" though, that could be a good enough clarification I suppose.
By SimonSes 2019-03-08 06:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In extremely low attack, Glanz with AF should easily win vs everything else on MNK.

Asura.Diggs said: »
while most users would probably use AF only to keep up AM3 then spam something more suitable I guess

Then you are just getting weaker V smites with weaker white damage. Glanz provides only ~12.8% more hits in tp round. Kick attacks will lower this value by 1-2%. It won't even transfer to 10-12% higher WS frequency tho, because MNK has very high TP per round, so most of the time it will only transfer to higher TP overflow, but VSmite doesn't really get much with slightly more TP overflow. Maybe +1-2% critical hit rate.
Now even AM1 on Veret is doing more for white damage, than AM3 on Glanz. +70STR on Veret is also a lot of fSTR on anything serious, effectively almost ramping the damage per punch with Veret to equal with Glanz, but with lower delay.

I must admit tho, that Glanz look better than expected when using it like that. According to sheet it's "only" 800 DPS behind R15 Veret and is pretty much equal to R0 Veret and better than R15 Godhands.

All that for Impetus up. I don't have time to check Impetus down now.
[+]
 Asura.Diggs
By Asura.Diggs 2019-03-08 06:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In extremely low attack, Glanz with AF should easily win vs everything else on MNK.

Asura.Diggs said: »
while most users would probably use AF only to keep up AM3 then spam something more suitable I guess

Then you are just getting weaker V smites with weaker white damage. Glanz provides only ~12.8% more hits in tp round. Kick attacks will lower this value by 1-2%. It won't even transfer to 10-12% higher WS frequency tho, because MNK has very high TP per round, so most of the time it will only transfer to higher TP overflow, but VSmite doesn't really get much with slightly more TP overflow. Maybe +1-2% critical hit rate.
Now even AM1 on Veret is doing more for white damage, than AM3 on Glanz. +70STR on Veret is also a lot of fSTR on anything serious, effectively almost ramping the damage per punch with Veret to equal with Glanz, but with lower delay.

I must admit tho, that Glanz look better than expected when using it like that. According to sheet it's "only" 800 DPS behind R15 Veret and is pretty much equal to R0 Veret and better than R15 Godhands.

All that for Impetus up. I don't have time to check Impetus down now.

Nice, great input man. Thanks. Ill use my R15's as a temp weapon while gearing MNK, aka getting some AF and Vere. Did a Spharai yesterday too, same nostalgia ***there. But Jolte +1 pretty much beats it doesnt it?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-08 07:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jolt does not beat spharai... When will these lies end?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Diggs
By Asura.Diggs 2019-03-08 07:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking out my ***, I'm sorry. Heard from someone ingame, but they said it totally without any data to back it up. However they do have slightly higher counter stat I guess
By SimonSes 2019-03-08 07:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jolt is good 400-500DPS behind Spharai R0 and very behind R15 (with Impetus Up). Checking few things with Impetus down now.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-08 09:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

All with capped pdif (I'm not a fan of checking everything with capped pdif, but it took me long enough. I might check it again in the future for lower attack, but not soon lol)

Target was Apex Eruca. Def is irrelevant but what is relevant here is

VIT:228
AGI:235

Keep in mind that for stuff with higher VIT and AGI, STR and DEX on Verethragna might have more value for fSTR and dDEX

Impetus Up (all using Victory Smite ASAP):
Veret R15 AM3: 8020 DPS
Glanz R15 AM3: 7286 DPS
Spharai R15 AM: 7001 DPS
Godhands R15: 6773 DPS

Impetus down, Footwork down:
Veret R15 AM3 VSmite ASAP: 5832 DPS
Veret R15 AM3 Raging Fists 2500TP: 5673 DPS
Godhands R15 Raging Fists 1000-2000TP: 5550 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Final Heaven ASAP: 5429 DPS
Glanz R15 AM3 Raging Fists 2500TP: 5380 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Raging Fists 2500TP: 5323
Glanz R15 AM3 VSmite ASAP: 5290 DPS
Spharai R15 AM VSmite ASAP: 5133 DPS

Footwork up, Impetus Down:
Veret R15 AM3 Tornado Kick 2500TP: 6447 DPS
Veret R15 AM3 VSmite 2500TP: 6411 DPS
Godhands R15 Tornado Kick ASAP: 6392 DPS
Glanz R15 AM3 Tornado Kick 2500TP: 6180 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Tornado Kick 2500TP: 6131 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Final Heaven ASAP: 6042 DPS

All sets used TP sets with AF3+2 legs and AF+3 Feet. Kendatsuba +1 legs and feet were giving slightly less DPS (Usually something between 50 and 200) so that's still an option if you need MEVA. Also Kendatsuba +1 legs were used for Footwork set with Spharai, because otherwise it would be a lot of wasted Kick Attack rate.

Like you see, surprisingly sweet spot for some builds is to actually WS at 2500TP :O
That being said the difference in DPS for most of this builds between 1500TP and 2500TP is very small, so you can WS slightly earlier.
[+]
 Asura.Diggs
By Asura.Diggs 2019-03-08 09:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Impetus Up (all using Victory Smite ASAP):
Veret R15 AM3: 8020 DPS
Glanz R15 AM3: 7286 DPS
Spharai R15 AM: 7001 DPS
Godhands R15: 6773 DPS

Impetus down, Footwork down:
Veret R15 AM3 VSmite ASAP: 5832 DPS
Veret R15 AM3 Raging Fists 2500TP: 5673 DPS
Godhands R15 Raging Fists 1000-2000TP: 5550 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Final Heaven ASAP: 5429 DPS
Glanz R15 AM3 Raging Fists 2500TP: 5380 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Raging Fists 2500TP: 5323
Glanz R15 AM3 VSmite ASAP: 5290 DPS
Spharai R15 AM VSmite ASAP: 5133 DPS

Footwork up, Impetus Down:
Veret R15 AM3 Tornado Kick 2500TP: 6447 DPS
Veret R15 AM3 VSmite 2500TP: 6411 DPS
Godhands R15 Tornado Kick ASAP: 6392 DPS
Glanz R15 AM3 Tornado Kick 2500TP: 6180 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Tornado Kick 2500TP: 6131 DPS
Spharai R15 AM Final Heaven ASAP: 6042 DPS

All sets used TP sets with AF3+2 legs and AF+3 Feet. Kendatsuba +1 legs and feet were giving slightly less DPS (Usually something between 50 and 200) so that's still an option if you need MEVA. Also Kendatsuba +1 legs were used for Footwork set with Spharai, because otherwise it would be a lot of wasted Kick Attack rate.

Like you see, surprisingly sweet spot for some builds is to actually WS at 2500TP :O
That being said the difference in DPS for most of this builds between 1500TP and 2500TP is very small, so you can WS slightly earlier.

I should probably post this in MNK guide thread..

Very nice bro! Interesting! Yea I bet it's good for the main topic too. Thank you