RDM75 Solo Guides?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM75 solo guides?
RDM75 solo guides?
 Asura.Sandolphon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sandolphon 2014-06-18 09:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Since its been so long since the 75 cap I'm having trouble finding any old guides or forum threads about 75 rdm soloing.

Like, in depth strats for Charybdis or other crazy nms.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-18 09:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple guide:

1)Take your level 75 RDM and level it to 99.
2)Camp the NM you want to kill.
3)Whack it with a sword.
4)Occasionally heal yourself.
5)???
6)Profit.
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2014-06-18 09:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing on a 75 cap private server, so that's not really an option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-18 09:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have the sets I used anymore, and don't care to make them again either. However, Upbeat has recently-ish started doing what you wish to do, you can use him for reference for Gear and or otherwise.

I know the strategy for most of any of the mobs though, more or less.

For Charybdis specifically, it's just a Bind/Gravity and Nuke/Dot battle whilst you run around those rock things in it's camp. Sub NIN of course.

I wouldn't doubt it possible to straight tank it, though I personally never did try. If you try that route, pick up a ceremonial dagger so you can hit 0's to avoid TP feed, whilst your En spell damages it.

It'll strip shadows like mad, but I don't think it's melee attacks hurt alot with Phalanx, Protect IV, and a Tav Taco (this will be post defense adjustment too, so defense will be more effective than it was back in the day.) Make hybrid melee set with some PDT, as it can and will occasionally attack more than 3 times.

Full PDT with shadows down, put shadows back up and reapply Stoneskin. Keep debuffs on it obviously, Paralyze is particularly potent against it if memory serves.

Oh, also, there may be a Devil Manta in the room with Charybdis, if you go the kite route and want the full challenge experience, you would be expected to deal with it. People use to readily ensure one spawns in that room so any RDM soloists would have to deal with it. Pretty simple though, you Gravity it and make it deaggro continuously, it doesn't really pose much of a threat.
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2014-06-18 09:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it Odin.Upbeat?

Looks right. This is just what I needed. Those sets give me a good place to start.

Thank you!
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-06-18 09:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

bio III 5/5 and strong bind/grav + dark sets and run a lot. thats how a lot was solo'd back @ 75 cap i think. Also low level daggers + enspell. hit for 0 giving no tp, and let the enspell chip away. now gear wise i dont have a clue much. i remember being so happy when i got my assault jerkin! private server sounds kinda interesting to have fun with. kid at work was talking about playing on one, he was like level 30 and the "highest on his server" lol...
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2014-06-18 10:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This ones pretty active. People are doing Sky/Sea and are even starting to do some Aht Urghan stuff.

Which is cool to me because I came to FFXI right as Abyssea came out so there was a lot of old content that I never really got the chance to do.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-06-18 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

cool enjoy! i hit 70ish when aht urghan came out, and i quit for the first time when abyssea came out. then came back when abyssea was ending. rdm was my main back in the day and i took blm up 2nd since i had a chunk of the gear and it was easy to solo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-18 10:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said: »
Which is cool to me because I came to FFXI right as Abyssea came out so there was a lot of old content that I never really got the chance to do.
Um....

you can still do the content at 99....
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-18 10:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Um....

A lot of old content can be solo'd, sure, but buying a pop set and ripping Kirin apart at 119 is a far cry from the era of sky LS's and 3 hour kirin fights.
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2014-06-18 10:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Um....

I did a lot. But its not the same. Maybe thats the same for you but I wanted the experience of doing it the original way.

I did CoP on retail and it was awesome. But most of it was just me doing ***by myself and was kinda boring. And then when I needed help on some parts it took me forever to find help sometimes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-18 10:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Avesta Vods on youtube, he soloed a lot of stuff as 75 RDM
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-18 10:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
A lot of old content can be solo'd, sure, but buying a pop set and ripping Kirin apart at 119 is a far cry from the era of sky LS's and 3 hour kirin fights.
True, but I don't see many people that would spend 3 hours fighting Kirin at level 75 anymore, especially since the rewards are still the same.

I did a lot. But its not the same. Maybe thats the same for you but I wanted the experience of doing it the original way.
Trust me, the original way sucked. Badly.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2014-06-18 10:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not doing it just for the rewards. If I just wanted the sword I'd have my friends come do it with me.

I like the experience more than the reward.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-18 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing like a good old 3h kirin fight.
 Asura.Meekriot
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-06-18 11:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/user/upbeatglitch

He does a lot of 75 RDM solo stuff these days
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-06-19 01:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is something I've been doing for awhile now. You can PM me for sets and strategies on a per-NM basis if you need to, since I don't have the patience to write every NM in a single post.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gempig
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2014-06-19 01:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I download a level 75 cap private server?
 Leviathan.Gempig
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2014-06-19 22:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to do this?
By Jetackuu 2014-06-20 19:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

we can't post that info, PM the guy and he might tell you.