Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 4 Hit +ws Tp Build
4 Hit +ws Tp Build
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-08 18:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

only 1 extra racc, wouldn't i be better off just getting that earring from meebles
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg your guys tp builds are tier Godliness compared to my tp. Prothescar hello. I follow your blue mage tier 1 tp set build. I haven't filly completed it yet because of Samurai work. I just got my Tsurumaru and the Cibit bow. it's rank 5 now gots 10 more ranks to go. How many air+2 will it take to get the bow to rank 10 from 5?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-08 18:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

From rank 0 to 15 is 6 Airlixers +2

So, if rank 5 to rank 15, I would say it's pretty close to 4 more +2's
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 19:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
only 1 extra racc, wouldn't i be better off just getting that earring from meebles

Depends how far off cap you are, but I'd be looking at some Racc rings and back as well and DM2 body for some situations, anyway. I have accuracy issues with a set slightly less aggressive than yours on delve bee, I can't even cap on anything much higher than that with a full Racc build.

I find there are 2 situations where Apex is worth using, piercing weak enemies and fodder. Apex just doesn't have enough native accuracy to compete on anything really high that doesn't naturally resist slashing damage.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-08 19:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

have got racc rings for acc set, don't have racc back or DM2 body though. probably won't be viable for me to get the body for some time. guessing Thall Mantle for backpiece
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 20:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

thall mantle, Aetosaur Jerkin/+1 and Trousers/+1 are ok interim Racc body/legs as well.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-09 15:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Which helm is better Otomi HelmĀ or Yaoyotl Helm?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-09 17:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikudosennin said: »
Which helm is better Otomi Helm or Yaoyotl Helm?

depends on the rest of your gear. Generally, Yaoyotl will give you more room to play around with other slots as well as being the superior accuracy and higher ilvl for defensive purposes. However, if you don't need the STP or do need the extra haste, Otomi is better, and if you can take advantage of the 3% DA on it, do.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-09 17:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 324687

ran muyingwa with this, definitely wasn't sufficient. not sure what else to do other than build a yoichi
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-09 17:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

:o I forgot about that cape. That set does indeed look optimal, with the only upgrades being Duplus and Trux/Brutal.

Duplus Yes, Earring set, again only if the 8 accuracy from Bladeborn set doesn't affect your DPS (Although arguably that would make the Sakonji Ikoshen Augmnet more potent, perhaps I need this earring set and see which wins as I recon it would be close (extra 10tp for the slight loss in acc on tp hits might be better for Fudo ws's assuming 113TP and Moonshade Earring for the TP Bonus)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-09 17:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 324687

ran muyingwa with this, definitely wasn't sufficient. not sure what else to do other than build a yoichi

Apex was only really sufficient for bee in alliance setups with multiple BRD's. I have had BRD's be kind enough to throw me a prelude, and that's usually enough to make it worth using, but Apex SAM as a viable option for Delve 2 is pretty remote. Build a Yoichi if you are deadset on pew pew, I generally only use a bow because R15C Cibi is the best for my melee dmg.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-09 17:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 324687

I personally use this with Meat ( Pot-a-fue works well also if you bring acid ).

ItemSet 324688
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-09 18:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Which helm is better Otomi Helm or Yaoyotl Helm?

depends on the rest of your gear. Generally, Yaoyotl will give you more room to play around with other slots as well as being the superior accuracy and higher ilvl for defensive purposes. However, if you don't need the STP or do need the extra haste, Otomi is better, and if you can take advantage of the 3% DA on it, do.
I'll do my best to get both. When I get them and upgrade my tp set I'll repost it and have you guys judge on which of the two would be the best for me. I thank you guys again for the amazing builds and tips you have given me for samurai and blue mage.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-09 20:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is something along the lines of your "aggressive" set workable on first set of mega bosses that aren't bee, with only aid of Hunter's Roll? Assuming Apex is still worth using on Shark/Tojil during proper weak phases even when not receiving strong attack buffs, maybe 1 Minuet and Chaos at best?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-09 20:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Is something along the lines of your "aggressive" set workable on first set of mega bosses that aren't bee, with only aid of Hunter's Roll? Assuming Apex is still worth using on Shark/Tojil during proper weak phases even when not receiving strong attack buffs, maybe 1 Minuet and Chaos at best?

With hunter's/Sushi you could probably get away with a max set assuming R15C Cibi and HQ versions of the AF/RE pieces. Even on piercing weak phases of Tojil/Shark, I don't see Apex being worth using, Namas maybe, though.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-22 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys think it's okay to wear this tp set until I can get Wakido Haidate +1 and Wakido Sune-ate +1?
ItemSet 324603
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2014-06-22 07:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys think it's okay to wear this tp set until I can get Wakido Haidate +1 and Wakido Sune-ate +1?
ItemSet 324603

Otro legs/feet are better than Wakido Haidate/Sune-ate +1 with DA+2 augs, and now you don't need nearly that much STP in your build. Xaddi body/legs are probably better and Otomi is definitely better if you don't need acc from yaoi. Is this with or without Ionis?

Also literally anything is better than spiral ring. I'd look into Oneiros Ring once you get the merits or if you're on a budget even Keen Ring, Cho'j Band, or Vehemence Ring
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-22 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My Great Katana is capped, but having acc is always great. This is without Ionis. I don't have the Otomi Helm as of yet. I do have the Cho'j Band, so I will make the swap from Spiral to Cho'j Band. I don't have the Otronif +1's yet. Xaddi body and legs I haven't got as of yet. I do have the KI for the body, Just missing the plasm's I was saving them for the Ring from Tojil.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-06-22 09:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I personally use this with Meat ( Pot-a-fue works well also if you bring acid ).

i wanna see you can apex the bee with meat or pots on this set
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-22 09:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
Quote:

i wanna see you can apex the bee with meat or pots on this set

With 1 soul voiced Ghorn Prelude and Sushi, I was capping Racc in this set, I don't doubt with a prelude he could cap with meat.

ItemSet 320553
 Leviathan.Lsvtec
Server: Leviathan
user: Freazer
By Leviathan.Lsvtec 2014-06-22 14:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure i overlooked it but, what is the minimum amount of store tp u need in gear(assuming u have the merits) for a 5hit/4hit build when using Tsuru?
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-06-22 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 324115

earing set is only 1 racc short but +5 agi compare to matanki / clearview . if needed i change to the limbus racc mantle.
ring from sparks seems cool

can allmost cap racc with this and +1 sole

also new sidewinder does more dmg then a berserked apex . but you will loose some dps from /rng
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-22 17:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lsvtec said: »
im sure i overlooked it but, what is the minimum amount of store tp u need in gear(assuming u have the merits) for a 5hit/4hit build when using Tsuru?

No Ionis:

250 from WS; 49 Store TP for 5-hit (9 in gear), 97 for 4-hit (57 in gear)

With Ionis:

350 from WS; 29 Store TP for 5-hit (naked), 71 for 4-hit (31 in gear), 156 for 3-hit (116 in gear/buffs)