119 Top 5 Smn Staff ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » 119 Top 5 Smn Staff ?
119 Top 5 Smn Staff ?
By honeycomb 2014-05-08 20:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering what would be the top 5 119 staff to try get for my SMN? Any info would rock and thank you :).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-05-10 23:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

JSE Staff and Eminent Pole are fine. The one from sparks isn't 119 but its up there. Some say Balsam staff is better but I like the magic accuracy on the Eminent Pole over 6 more MAB for your pet as more damage isn't helpful if it resists.

The only other staff worth going after aside from the Mythic Nirvana is an uffrat if you don't want to purchase the items to make the JSE staff.

However I highly suggest the JSE staff since it is a lot cheaper in the long run. I got lucky with my uffrat +1 and rolled -5 prep after using only 5 +1 stones on it. I have heard some people spend 100+ stones and never see anything over -3 so YMMV. In the end DON'T +2 it since wailing stones are WAY more expensive and the only benefit is higher damage which you won't even be using since you don't melee as a summoner. By time you buy enough stones to roll the stat you would have probably spent more than the cost of the JSE staff anyways so go with that one and save yourself a headache. The JSE staff is also the best idle melee piece for summoner.

Also don't waste your time with the magian staves, they are all crap.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-10 23:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tumafyring is great aug'd with pet:MAB for shiva and ifrit if you are capped perp- as well.
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
By Terrah Crystal 2014-05-11 00:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use the Avatar Perp Magian Staffs (sure its a lot of work) but outside of the cost of Geodes (most are fairly cheap these days) they're free. Of course Skirmish staff and the JSE are much better options these days, but with the 99 Magian Staffs (macro in others for BPs), you only need the Reforged AF Feet and Caller's Doublet +2 will cap Perp Cost (-15) freeing up other slots for things like Glyphic Bracers/AF Reforge Pans/AF2 Reforge Pants and so on
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-05-11 06:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrah Crystal said: »
I still use the Avatar Perp Magian Staffs (sure its a lot of work) but outside of the cost of Geodes (most are fairly cheap these days) they're free. Of course Skirmish staff and the JSE are much better options these days, but with the 99 Magian Staffs (macro in others for BPs), you only need the Reforged AF Feet and Caller's Doublet +2 will cap Perp Cost (-15) freeing up other slots for things like Glyphic Bracers/AF Reforge Pans/AF2 Reforge Pants and so on

Sure it frees up other slots but you end up losing out since you would need to make one for each avatar. That and any summoner worth their salt will be using all of their avatars to be applying various buffs to the party which a specific magian staff doesn't help.

The Evokers ring is one of like 2 rings that benifit summoners via skill, it is still worth getting and the staff can be obtained with minimal work. Just go farm dynamis twice and sell the currency and you'll have enough to buy the items needed.

Also I'm aware that the later stages of the staves are easy to upgrade but the problem is the earlier stages...

50 experience-yielding monsters of the spider family. weather counts as x5 a kill
50 experience-yielding monsters of any family. weather counts as x5 a kill
75 plantoid-type creatures. weather counts as x5 a kill
150 undead-type creatures.
200 monsters of the sheep family.
200 monsters of the rabbit family.
250 monsters of the mandragora family.
250 monsters of the coeurl family.

Then you need the geodes ect after the coeurls. That is a lot of work for just one when you could do them all and be done with it.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-11 07:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Nirvana, because obviously
2) Hvergelmir, for nuking
3) Claustrum is the same but without MP
4)
5)

^_^
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2014-05-11 09:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

afaik the top 5 staff are:

1.- Nirvana (grats 2 more lvl to your avatar, so if you have DMII satchet you will get a 121 pet) this one all you need in one MACC, MAB, and ATT
2.-Astralwatcher for MaB. some ppl would argue about the delve one being better. also can get good results with Uffrat +2 with Mab and -perp cost.

3.- Delve one for ATT/ACC for pet iirc would need to check stats.

4.- soothsayer (yes if you dont have the ones on top)

5.- any Magian Moogle.
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2014-05-11 09:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana is your overall pipe-dream staff with everything you are looking for. Asides from that though the JSE staff is great for both physical blood pacts and perpetuation. When it comes to magical blood pacts you have an option between the skirmish staff and Balsam Staff. Balsam overall I find is a bit easier to get since screw all three tiers of Skirmish and augment system. Eminent Pole has M. Acc for pets if I recall which is something you may want to pick up for more resistant mobs (AA is the first that comes to mind) as well as for your debuffing blood pacts.

You could also get a Venebulum for /sch nuking as well since that does throw in some bonus damage between blood pact timers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-05-19 13:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

honeycomb said: »
I was wondering what would be the top 5 119 staff to try get for my SMN? Any info would rock and thank you :).
One thing to note is that your weapon's iLevel has no effect on your avatar, only ammo slot effects avatars.

I prefer using magian staves while BP timer is down so I have more armor slots available for refresh (you can get +7 refresh with avatar out, which is about 90MP between BPs). Then macro in Astralwatcher for magic BPs and Uffrat +2 with augments for physical BPs.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2098 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Beerus
user: Nioooo
By Phoenix.Beerus 2020-02-15 09:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done any testing with the Su5 staff Path C?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Draumstafir
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-15 09:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Beerus said: »
Has anyone done any testing with the Su5 staff Path C?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Draumstafir

What does "Chance of doubling "Blood Pact" status +25%" even mean? Does the blood pact do double damage? Or is exclusively for buffs?
 Phoenix.Beerus
user: Nioooo
By Phoenix.Beerus 2020-02-15 09:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it means Buffs.

Also- I was wondering if the Double Damage part would actually not be a loss on Physical BP's.

-For non Mythic Smn-BiS staff is Grid, (Aside from some crazy perfect Grio augs I suppose).
So losing 15% DA from Grid is huge. But the chance at Double damage makes me wonder ....
15% loss of DA sucks for sure-But if DA did proc-and then that damaged got doubled.. it would technically be Quad WS hit. Or am I crazy?
By Crossbones 2020-02-15 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There was testing done on the SU5 staff and I'm pretty sure it doesn't double BP dmg. As far as I understand it's a total piece of ***.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-15 11:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
What does "Chance of doubling "Blood Pact" status +25%" even mean? Does the blood pact do double damage? Or is exclusively for buffs?

No idea. I have a R25 one and haven't been able to find anything conclusive by testing or reading. Went out after reading that this came up again and did a dozen nether blasts, none doubled. A dozen hastegas, none got double duration. A dozen sleepgas, none got double duration.

Not a huge sample size, but have to be pretty unlucky for it to not show and waiting on timer is tedious.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-15 12:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it not chance to double modifier, just worded really poorly?

Like Siren has 300 int and 25% of the time 600 int (tornado II)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-15 12:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Papesse did some testing a while ago and the conclusion was it had a chance to double the stat modifier.

Edit: Beaten by Eiryl
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-15 12:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that posted somewhere? Suppose it's a possibility, haven't explicitly tested for anything like it.

Ah, pretty lame.