Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Ichimonji-Yofusa vs Uguisumaru
Ichimonji-Yofusa vs Uguisumaru
 Valefor.Calais
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Calais 2014-03-28 07:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

I just came back to the game after a year break and I'm wondering which GKT I should be using at the moment.

I have a Uguisumaru (rank 8) from before, but I see there is another available option with REM GKT Ichimonji-Yofusa.

Which one of these should I be using until I can progress to a better weapon? Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated, thanks!
By Sieha1 2014-03-28 10:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ROE gk, but... your chances of getting better then that with sam being your main job is slim. Just a warning on that.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-03-28 10:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

RoE GKT

You can also try to get a Shichishito +2.

Your other choices are Anahera Blade (AA-Galka), Tsurumaru (Dakuwaqa), or Azukinagamitsu (Tckakka), Shokudaikiri (new rank GK),and Sukezane (if someone makes one)
 Valefor.Calais
By Valefor.Calais 2014-03-28 11:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
ROE gk, but... your chances of getting better then that with sam being your main job is slim. Just a warning on that.

Thanks for the feedback, is this because no one is using SAM for events or because people have moved on from some of the content?

I'll definitely go ahead and pick up the ROE gk and thanks Hsieh for giving some the options to work towards.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-03-28 11:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Calais said: »

Thanks for the feedback, is this because no one is using SAM for events or because people have moved on from some of the content?

I'll definitely go ahead and pick up the ROE gk and thanks Hsieh for giving some the options to work towards.
Most of the new content is easier with specific jobs. If you are gearing SAM from hiatus, then you'll find yourself having a harder time doing new content if that's your best geared job. Mage jobs are easier to upgrade and are usually needed for new content.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-28 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Calais said: »

SAM is strong right now. With 119 bow it's the best DD for Ceizak megaboss, and fine for Morimar, Foret, and Yorcia at the least. But unless you got friends, it might be tough to get a spot on a shout run.

Edit: like Hsieh said. It's easier to gear support and get a spot.
By Sieha1 2014-03-28 12:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its also the fact that 80% of the people only play dd jobs. If you are a dd you better plan on making your own runs, even if you are strong.
 Valefor.Calais
By Valefor.Calais 2014-03-28 12:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome feedback.

I've got BLM, WAR, and THF @ 99 as well and pretty well geared also, well at least before I left. I can finish leveling up SCH and BRD to find spots if needed.

SAM is definitely my favorite job, so I focus to gearing it the best when I can.