Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai {What?}
Samurai {What?}
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-25 09:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a fairly slow morning thus far. And I've just been reading thru the augment thread and came up with my n00b question of the day.

What is this 5 hit build vs 6 hit build argument? My sam is only 33 and I only levelled it out of boredom, never really looked into endgame. So 5hit/6hit/4hit is all stuff i dont understand. What's a 5 hit build? What's a 6 hit build? What are the advantages of one vs the other?
 Cerberus.Harken
user: tins
By Cerberus.Harken 2009-07-25 09:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

6 hits means getting 100 tp in 6 hits, and 5 the same but with 5 hits. the discussion would be if its worth throwing out all the attack/acc/haste to get 100tp in 5 hit. But until you can access store TP gears at lvl 75 its not really something you need to worry about
 Diabolos.Tochido
Server: Diabolos
user: Tochido
By Diabolos.Tochido 2009-07-25 09:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

a x hit build is how many hits it takes, to reach 100+ TP. with +11 sTP and 5/5 sTP merits, you can reach a 6 hit build. and that is pretty easy to do. a 5 hit build is tougher to get, since you either have to have a GK with alot of +sTP, or sacrafice other gear slots to stack sTP in, and lose alot of acc mainly from what i read. idk alot about 5 hit build's, but im sure someone will add more to this.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-25 09:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok. I suspected that's sorta what it was but figured I'd ask just for my own info. As I said, I've never really levelled sam seriously and never looked into endgame sam so didnt get it.
 Asura.Deth
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Deth 2009-07-25 10:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why was this posted in FFXIV?
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-25 11:20:52