Alternator Vs. Eminent Animator, Which Is Better?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Alternator Vs. Eminent Animator, which is better?
Alternator Vs. Eminent Animator, which is better?
By Malach 2014-01-20 06:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Im thinking on returning to the game but alot of things have changed since I left and I love PUP and was just wondering what the title says. Which is better alternator or eminent animator?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-01-20 06:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Eminent Animator has a higher iLevel, so it's better.
By Malach 2014-01-20 06:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it have the hidden effects like alternator? And I was just reading they have another one called divinator or something was wondering if that has same hidden effects also
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-01-20 07:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The hidden effects are a byproduct of the iLevel. They likely scale, with the best being the Divinator.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-01-20 08:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

From the 2.0 guide:
Animators

Divinator +89 to all puppet stats + ??? hp/mp
Best as of dec 2013
Eminent Animator +77 to all puppet stats +110 hp/mp
Second best and easiest to obtain, get this until you can use Divinator.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-01-20 14:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

One annoying thing about the item level animators: they dropped the old standard bonus of DEX+ for the master. So if for some reason you completely don't care about the pet level, Deluxe Animator's DEX+6 might actually still be the best.

Obviously never the case if you're using a DD puppet or nuking, but not inconceivable that you could find yourself in a situation where you totally don't care about pet level. For instance, I was doing AA MR difficult a couple weeks ago, with WHM puppet (since it's impractical to have a pet up close, and the RNG frame's ranged accuracy wasn't up to my liking). I was meleeing PUP/NIN and dumping hate onto puppet with ventriloquy. I would have gotten more out of DEX+6 than I would out of higher level automaton there.

But yeah other than that little bit of weirdness, Divinator > Eminent > Alternator.