Rdm (Battle Mage)

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rdm (Battle Mage)
Rdm (Battle Mage)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-09 00:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What about the leg slot for CDC, I feel kind of iffy about Augury cuisses +1 since they don't have any DEX on them, but I can't really find anything as good assuming I didn't miss something.
 Asura.Highwynn
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
Posts: 625
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-09 00:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I used vitivation since they have dex but i think augery migjt still win due to higher str and att and DA.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-09 11:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
i wouldn't use vanir battery for CDC. Use Yetshila (+1 if you can get). For requiescat I'd use Hasty Pinion +1 or Quartz Tathlum +1.

I might be wrong about this, but I would think that the Highwing Helm's 12 STR, 20 attack, and 3% DA improvement would be greater than the 14 MND improvement from Vitivation Chapeau +1 for requiescat.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-09 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
i wouldn't use vanir battery for CDC. Use Yetshila (+1 if you can get). For requiescat I'd use Hasty Pinion +1 or Quartz Tathlum +1.

I might be wrong about this, but I would think that the Highwing Helm's 12 STR, 20 attack, and 3% DA improvement would be greater than the 14 MND improvement from Vitivation Chapeau +1 for requiescat.

uncapped attack yes/capped attack no
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-20 18:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
so I'm thinking of re-working my TP build and wanted to ask you guys what you think is the better build:

Option 1: base.

Option 2:
Pros-
+2% DA, +4% TA, +2% QA, +2 accuracy

Cons-
-34 attack, -1 STR, requires 1 more hit for x-hit


Usually my gear choices are very slim and so it is very obvious what I should use and so have never gotten into using w/e spreadsheet people talk about.

Thanks for your help!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-20 18:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
would need to know the rest of your gear and the target more than likely.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-20 18:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Here are the options:

Option 1:
ItemSet 332570

and

Option 2:
ItemSet 332571


If it does matter what I am fighting for which set, what are some examples of when it would matter?

Assume highest unity ranking too please.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 19:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Here are the options:

Option 1:
ItemSet 332570

and

Option 2:
ItemSet 332571


If it does matter what I am fighting for which set, what are some examples of when it would matter?

Assume highest unity ranking too please.

portus collar

EDIT: As a side note, that TP set is a fashion-disaster.... Scorpion Harness.... Highwing Helm.... a subligar.... with boots.... @.@

We have similar tastes though, aside from the mythic, that's pretty much what I use in Savage, except change out neck for Portus Collar and rings for PDT rings. And I main an Aureole just for a secondary option for pulling in case I don't want to magic aggro.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-20 19:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
i have portus collar, but then i'd require one more hit on x-hit.

Edit, because of your edit: I don't care about fashion. function > all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Edit, because of your edit: I don't care about fashion. function > all.

Oh, I agree. Just stating a fact... <.<;
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-20 19:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Edit, because of your edit: I don't care about fashion. function > all.

Oh, I agree. Just stating a fact... <.<;

well then, yes, you are right. it does look awful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 19:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Edit, because of your edit: I don't care about fashion. function > all.

Oh, I agree. Just stating a fact... <.<;

well then, yes, you are right. it does look awful.

On a taru... no less. ><;
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1463
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-01-21 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan, we've more Murgleis than jooo......

^^
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-21 16:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I saw the video of the SCH getting TP from casting Impact and so I thought I would give it a try on RDM. As RDM/WAR it took me 4.6 seconds to cast (this was without the 3% FC from Ionis, so could go slightly faster with) and only got 523 TP. It is only possible to improve the TP gain a small amount by getting 3 more STP on an ear slot (upgrading from brutal earring to neritic earring). Other than that I would have to change my SJ to DRK/BLM/SCH which I am not about to do. In my opinion not worth it.
 Sylph.Ticu
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: ticu
Posts: 35
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-01-28 14:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So would this be the most ideal TP set for a non-mythic owner?

ItemSet 332856
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-02-04 21:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Ticu said: »
So would this be the most ideal TP set for a non-mythic owner?

ItemSet 332856

if accuracy isn't too much of an issue, I'd think the OAT augmented dagger would be a better offhand.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-02-04 21:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone know which is better for Requiescat:

Moonshade + Brutal

or

Moonshade + Tati Earring +1
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-04 21:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Anyone know which is better for Requiescat:

Moonshade + Brutal

or

Moonshade + Tati Earring +1

I think it depends on the content, if you're attack-capped, go with Brutal, otherwise probably Tati +1.
 Asura.Highwynn
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
Posts: 625
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-04 21:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Would Uson be better? Higher base damage and better cdc?
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-02-04 21:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Anyone know which is better for Requiescat:

Moonshade + Brutal

or

Moonshade + Tati Earring +1

I think it depends on the content, if you're attack-capped, go with Brutal, otherwise probably Tati +1.

any other WSs out there (doesn't have to be just for RDM) you can think of for using Tati +1?
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2902
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-04 21:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Realmrazer and Blade: Shun both come to mind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-04 22:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Anyone know which is better for Requiescat:

Moonshade + Brutal

or

Moonshade + Tati Earring +1

I think it depends on the content, if you're attack-capped, go with Brutal, otherwise probably Tati +1.

any other WSs out there (doesn't have to be just for RDM) you can think of for using Tati +1?

Not sure, I don't have mythic, so most of the time I'm either using CDC or Requiescat. I usually just use a Jupiter's Pearl for CDC though.
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2902
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-04 23:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You should be using Moonshade/Brutal for CDC.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-02-05 06:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
how could i forget asuran fists too (though i rarely use that)
Offline
Posts: 994
By Boshi 2015-02-05 13:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Could use burmete gloves with DEX8 haste2 aug
Offline
Posts: 9048
By palladin9479 2015-02-23 04:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Well RDM is on the new Taeon gear so melee options just opened up greatly.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
Posts: 721
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-03-28 18:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I notice there is no mention of Savage Blade in this thread-- while on other job forums people are saying it has become the Rudra's Storm of sorts for sword users.

So, battle mages. What is your opinion of Savage Blade for Red Mage?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-28 18:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
I notice there is no mention of Savage Blade in this thread-- while on other job forums people are saying it has become the Rudra's Storm of sorts for sword users.

So, battle mages. What is your opinion of Savage Blade for Red Mage?

Above 1750 with moonshade it's amazing, but at 1000 CDC is great, especially thanks to taeon gear.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-02 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
for savage blade should i be using Fotia Belt or Metalslinger Belt?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-02 16:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
for savage blade should i be using Fotia Belt or Metalslinger Belt?

I'm using fotia belt/gorget, but I haven't looked at the sheets to see what's better.