Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Riftcinders
Riftcinders
First Page 2
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-18 14:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I've always been a fan of Verethragna over Spharai or Glanzfaust. To me, it just looks bad ***.

Anyway, last year, I really wanted to 99 my Verethragna and so I poured a lot of time in to farming Dynamis currency to sell so that I could buy heavy metal plates. I finished the plates and started buying Riftcinders, but long story short, real life got in the way and I just recently was able to come back to the game a couple months ago.

Here's my dilemna - Riftcinders don't sell like they used to. Back in January, they were selling for 1.3 to 1.5 mil each. Now, the few I even see are 3 to 5 mil and I still need about 50 Riftcinders to complete 99 Vere.

So how should I go about this? I figured I have 3 options:

1) Gather a group that's willing to farm Morta or Botulus Rex.

I don't know which one has a better drop rate for Riftcinders, but I figured with the price of Phase Displacers having dropped, then perhaps these guys can be taken down with one party? If this is possible, what kind of jobs should I take?
I was thinking WHM, BLM or SCH, BRD/NIN, COR/DNC or BLU/DNC, WAR, and MNK

2) Farm the gil

This isn't really practical, not only because the cost would be 200-250 mil, but there just aren't enough Riftcinders being sold.

3) Give up on Vere, throw it away, and start Spharai.

What do you guys think? Please keep in mind that I'm not interested in which weapon is better. I just don't want to be another bandwagon Oatixur Monk. I would prefer the Vere but I don't have 18 or even 12 people willing to farm VW just for me.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-18 15:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just honestly go with option 1. Since you really prefer Vere over all others, you still won't be satisfied even if you got both Spharai and Glanzfaust to 119 since it isn't really what you want.

I personally understand how you feel since I too have to gather 60 riftcinders for my Daub, so the best solution is to shout and get as much people as you can for runs and do x12 or x18. Since people do want to XP due to the new endgame content level requiring merit points.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-18 15:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we should team up then Raf. Long time no see. I thought by now you'd have already finished making all the relics and empyreans for every job, lol :p
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-12-18 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Or, sell the ones you got like I did for millions and then buy unlimited clusters for 20k each and farm them using x5 clusters per pop!
By kasain 2013-12-18 15:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just be patient. SE will add new plates and cinders soon.

If you can't be patient make mules on other servers and get the SPARKS for pluton and such plates. Or make eight account all same server, walk into a wild keepers reive and let them all have a chance for a case.

The one nice thing if you do this you can get gil fast. If you put the low lvl characters on other servers you now have access to their riftcindes.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-18 15:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Or, sell the ones you got like I did for millions and then buy unlimited clusters for 20k each and farm them using x5 clusters per pop!
100k per fight. 5% drop rate = 1 every 20 fights. I 2-box so that's 1 every 10 fights. I need ~50 so that's ~500 fights.
100,000 gil x 500 fights = ~50 mil worth of clusters.

That's definitely more doable. I have about 45 mil on me now. Of course, I still have to find a competent party willing to go.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-18 15:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly enjoy the pursuit of getting an R/E/M just as much as I do finishing one. If I didn't, I could just purchase the gil for real life money, but there's no sense of accomplishment in doing that (also why I preferred farming dynamis rather than using a fish bot).

So patience isn't an issue for me. I don't even think gil is the real issue anyway. I think it's more a matter of whether or not I can even farm Morta. If I can't do it steadily, then maybe I should just farm a Spharai (or Glanz) so that I'm at least not stuck being a bandwagon Oat Monk.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2013-12-18 17:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

option 1.
morta > whale or igalima are best.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-12-18 17:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get a small group of 6 8 and do Morta. Don't give up. Grab a PLD BLM WHM BRD DD X2 3. NIN SMN BLU nice but not needed. Or have the BLM sub nin and whm sub sch. Should not be hard finding 5 other ppl interested.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-20 17:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Maybe we should team up then Raf. Long time no see. I thought by now you'd have already finished making all the relics and empyreans for every job, lol :p

I would love to team up with you Peldin and that was my plan actually. I finished all relics and working on Empyrean's and some Mythics, but unfortunately SE put me out of the game for 5 months due to ERROR 401, which I got fixed one month ago with SE and due to internet problems in the new country I moved in for studies(Belarus) which has horrible horrible internet. I was just about to update the game but and I just got hit by another ERROR 401 so I have to wait for Monday to see what is the problem this time and try to resolve it as soon as possible.

I swear there errors are going to give me a heartache one day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2013-12-27 03:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout spam morta, ppl will like the money and join up. Do it for a while and and market will fill up nicely. Strike as multiple ppl underbid each other in Port Jeuno.
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-28 05:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to farm gil and get them little by little. In this game you stay poor if you don't tribox. The lazy way is to stockpile gil while farming alexandrites. The best way is farming and poping ADL but it requires a lot of organization. You could also farm dynamis coins but it's not as good a alex now that you can enter salvage solo.

FFXIdb lists 4% chance at rift on morta, so it's like 25 run for one riftcinder only ><. You can probably farm a couple of millions during this ...and you won't need to shout for ever too.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-12-28 17:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
FFXIdb lists 4% chance at rift on morta, so it's like 25 run for one riftcinder only ><. You can probably farm a couple of millions during this ...and you won't need to shout for ever too.
The issue with cinders these days is supply, not buying power.
[+]
By pchan 2013-12-30 06:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The supply is here if you are ready to put 4M per cinder, I've finished a DDB a couple of month ago. What I mean is instead of doing 25 runs to get maybe a riftcinder you are better off farming gil solo. Don't expect SE to increase suppply, they already nerfed the cost of weakening items.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-12-30 08:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming Alex from salvage is good gil rightnow man, almost everyone and their mother is doing a relic and you don't need an group to enter anymore. pretty sure they will sell faster than currency from dyna atm... have not played fulltime in a while so someone correct me if im wrong.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 09:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The price seems to be crashing on them. Good and bad I guess.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-30 09:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not tried for almost a week, but on levi, the average price on drites was 14k, I was not able to sell for 13k.

It would seem that on levi, there is not many people making a mythic, or they're holding out in hopes of the price dimmiering as a result of easier salvage access. Either way, the market on levi was pretty flooded last I checked.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-30 09:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The market seems to be flooded at 10k / alex on Fenrir! Blowing through mythics is so easy now.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-06 07:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
The supply is here if you are ready to put 4M per cinder, I've finished a DDB a couple of month ago. What I mean is instead of doing 25 runs to get maybe a riftcinder you are better off farming gil solo. Don't expect SE to increase suppply, they already nerfed the cost of weakening items.
Supply is not here on Sylph. I haven't checked since the holidays started, but last I did check, there were 2-3 Riftcinders being sold on the server.

Now that the holidays are over with and I can get back to consistent playing, I'll be looking for you in-game, Rafaras, so we can farm some Morta.

In my solo time, I'm farming colorless souls for my bard mule. With the money I have already, I can afford displacers for morta and boulders for after I finish Riftcinders.

The only other thing to spend money on, if I really just wanted to speed things up, would be exalted lumber.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-01-06 07:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know how you feel. Only had enough gil to finish my Ukkon. Alma is going to have to wait. Thinking about transfering. Want to tag team mobs and split the items?
By Spiraboo 2014-01-06 07:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

mixture of 1&2, farm some money and spam morta - People at morta getting cinders are mostly willing to sell their cinders slightly cheaper for an immediate sale. Since morta is stingy as hell with a ~3% drop rate it'll take you forever to get them (3 cinders in 100 mortas, 60 cinders in ~2k mortas).

May want to consider transferring servers if Sylph's supply is that bad (and you're determined enough). I had a lot more trouble with HMP than cinders doing my harp recently. A lot of morta shouts going on in cerberus due to fast merits for AA, and people are willing to sell for as low as 1.3M during morta runs. There's also fair supplies in bazaars, going for about 1.6M to 2.5M.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-06 07:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
I know how you feel. Only had enough gil to finish my Ukkon. Alma is going to have to wait. Thinking about transfering. Want to tag team mobs and split the items?
I'm down for playing with any competent player who shares a similar play time to mine. Almace was my second empyrean too but I've pretty much given up on even hoping to 119 it. My other empyreans I've already thrown away, lol.

I'm usually on during the week between 5:30pm and 10:30pm EST with a dinner break in there somewhere. My weekend play time is really random because I have a really active social life most weekends.

Sylph is a really low-pop server though. I don't know how Bismarck is, but if you are thinking about transfering, I'm sure there are better servers to go to, lol.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-06 07:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
mixture of 1&2, farm some money and spam morta - People at morta getting cinders are mostly willing to sell their cinders slightly cheaper for an immediate sale. Since morta is stingy as hell with a ~3% drop rate it'll take you forever to get them (3 cinders in 100 mortas, 60 cinders in ~2k mortas).

May want to consider transferring servers if Sylph's supply is that bad (and you're determined enough). I had a lot more trouble with HMP than cinders doing my harp recently. A lot of morta shouts going on in cerberus due to fast merits for AA, and people are willing to sell for as low as 1.3M during morta runs. There's also fair supplies in bazaars, going for about 1.6M to 2.5M.
That's really tempting, but I'd hate to transfer and be away from in-game friends. How long is the wait time to transfer back? 30 days?
By Pantafernando 2014-01-06 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Spiraboo said: »

That's really tempting, but I'd hate to transfer and be away from in-game friends. How long is the wait time to transfer back? 30 days?

By cervelo84 2014-01-20 13:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle is amazing for riftcinders. I have 35 already and only 500 plates. I have not started my Uptala spam yet. But I will say that Heavy metal is selling for 120k-150k :(

Riftcinders go for about 1.3-1.5 mil

I see about 36 morta die per day. Easy exp for AA / Merits. Hence Riftcinders are flooding the Market.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-01-27 18:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Morta is also a nice way toget merits for AA fights, so ppl join for that. Can maybe get em cheap before they hit bazarrs.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-01-27 18:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A volatile market is best.

1) Shout for and spam Morta.

Whether you get a cinder or not, 16 other people might get one and be ready to sell it. You may not get a cinder, but a dross could be 1/3 of a cinder after it's sold.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-27 23:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Sylph is just slow, but Morta is starting to become more popular. Prices have been dropping slowly but steadily. Tonight is the first time I've seen one for as low as 1.3 mil, but I'm sure more people will sell at that price soon enough. I still need about 25 more mil if I buy them all, and I think if I just wait a couple weeks, I'll be able to buy the last 20 I need for 1.3 mil each. Who knows? Maybe even less by then, lol
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2014-01-28 00:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Price been dropped like crazy in my server. I have seen someone put up the price as low as 980k.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-01-28 00:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like every few bazaars I check on Odin have Riftcinders. Plates have gone way up in price though.

I don't know about other servers, but dyna currency on Odin has been higher than I can remember it being in a long time. Alex prices have gone way down (at some point a few months ago someone was buying for 20k on Odin -_-) now that you can enter solo, but they should still sell really fast.

When I 99'd my harp and later a Kannagi, for both plates and cinder/dross, I just spammed the hell out of voidwatch. As long as you go at a decent time and do something that has some good money drops, it shouldn't be too hard to fill up: merits for bc fights with a chance at some extra gil is a pretty decent incentive.

Try to keep in mind the silver lining is that 119'ing is cheap/easy :p
First Page 2