Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » zhayolm remnants v1 post update
zhayolm remnants v1 post update
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-12-11 13:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone done it solo yet? wondering if we're screwed on 5th floor poroggo where "3 members" must clear pathos, or did they adjust that?
By Sidiov 2013-12-11 13:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure, but as an anecdote I did a solo old-Nyzul and got 5 lamps order on the first floor. :)
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-12-11 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

>.< ow lol
By itchi508 2013-12-11 13:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch lol maybe they will change lamps according to how many enter to fit a solo/duo run or thats just what we get lol gona suck geting a same time
By snakeplisken 2013-12-12 11:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did it and yea your screwed. Not enough time to kill 1st floor, 3rd floor, and 4th floor frogs. Just tested and killed 1st, 2nd, 3rd but no 4th cuz of time, 5th floor nm didnt spawn.... SE needs to be informed.
By Spiraboo 2013-12-12 11:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Ouch lol maybe they will change lamps according to how many enter to fit a solo/duo run or thats just what we get lol gona suck geting a same time

I think they said something on the official forum where they plan to make it so trust NPCs are able to operation lamps..... XD
 Cerberus.Toknherb
Server: Cerberus
user: Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2013-12-12 11:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »

I think they said something on the official forum where they plan to make it so trust NPCs are able to operation lamps..... XD

Thank would be very interesting, do you have a link please?
By Spiraboo 2013-12-12 11:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toknherb said: »

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/37494-Entrance-requirements-for-old-and-outdated-content.?p=482522#post482522
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2013-12-12 11:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to make a few adjustments based on # of players that enter. That includes Zhayolm, lamp floors, some assaults (supplies comes to mind), and I would personally like to see the Cutter assaults entrance requirement changed too.

Some simple solutions:

Adjust the pathos to # of players up to 3. Perhaps adjust the frog AI some, HP, etc. as needed.

Lamp floors in old Nyzule, adjust to read # of players entering and then add one for order and for same time (just have two reasonably close). Keep code the same. Still provides a slight challenge, could do two on an order floor for a soloer and have them across the large zones. 50/50 get it right the first time.

NNI same thing. It would be fun to solo up to 100. Even without lamps, a solo player still has to worry about bad floor jumps, kill all floors, large maps to find single kill/leader, and the boss has the potential to kill anyone solo. First they'd have to change the lamp floors and then we can see if it's too easy or still too difficult to solo and would need adjustments.

Assaults, a few may need adjustments if they truly want people to solo them. Lebros supplies should have 2 npcs per member that enters. Perhaps remove the larger food items to still provide a challenge, but when you consider that many of the fighting assaults are zero challenge at all... I remember the ring one being annoying with 3, but could be done solo I think. Can't recall many off hand. Just need the basics of the assault to be soloable, if a player can't kill something or lose because not having supplies, that's on them.

Finally the "Targeting the Captain" assault (and other two) should become solo too. I know most PUP attachments aren't a high demand item, but it would be nice to actually have some supply of them on the server.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2013-12-13 12:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

in zr1, there's a simple fix. you have to go south. south fifth floor frog only requires 1 unlock. the flipside is that you miss out on fifth floor armor, but you do get sixth floor frog.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-12-13 12:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Same time isnt too bad once you worked out where they all are, I managed to reach 4 yesterday with flee down on a fairly big map if it were any bigger flee would of allowed me to manage it still. Order is the one I found a pain when theres 4 lamps on a big twisty floor with no map obviously, its a fair ammount of memory work solo. Its possible to manage anything from 5 floor minimum to 15-20 perhaps.

Im 99% sure ZR1 frogs would of been kept the same, still requiring 3 full pathos. It would still be more than possible to pop floor 6 frog solo though as thf/dnc (meaning you need to reach floor 4 in under 30mins and pop jakko but allowing you to skip floor 5 frog).
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2013-12-13 13:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

5th floor frog can not be soloed and i need both body and hands >< the others are easy solo but you will need to go south for 6th floor farming which isn't bad cause you only need to kill 3rd and 4th floor frogs(north) in one run then just farm 1st and 6th floor frogs for ever... took me ~17 minutes to kill first floor NM as mnk, farmed gear unlocks second floor put me at 25 minutes in, i was going for 4th frog so i skipped 3rd but now i have them out of he way i can just spam first>sixth NM's and hope they change 5th or i will never have those pieces :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-05 10:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done this a few times with me and a whm mule. For the north path, your only enemy is the 30 minutes time thing. The 5th floor frog actually does unlock with less than 3 ppl. I am not sure if solo works, but me and my mule both fully unlocked was definitely enough to pop it.

The south path is a way easier path. I usually struggle with the 30 mins thing cuz I have inventory issue so the constant passing and lotting of the cell took most of my time. I think maybe I am 50/50 on being able to make it. They really need to get rid of the cell thing and just make it exactly the same as salvage II.

Set up is Drg + Whm with whm just standing there in case.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-02-05 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toknherb said: »

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/37494-Entrance-requirements-for-old-and-outdated-content.?p=482522#post482522

What a weird way to confirm that Trust will be made available in ToAU instances.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-02-08 12:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a run for just floor 5 nm with 2 people. 5th floor was not there with 2 unlocked pathos. North path, did the 30 min. One as well.
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2014-02-08 13:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Just did a run for just floor 5 nm with 2 people. 5th floor was not there with 2 unlocked pathos. North path, did the 30 min. One as well.
Same here, unlocked two pathos and the frog wasn't there. If it pops with less than 3 ppl unlocked, might need another requeriment for it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Yidhra
Server: Phoenix
user: Mhi1
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-04-13 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How viable is it to solo the 4th Floor Madame? 30 minutes seems tight for time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By Wordspoken 2014-06-02 06:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Yidhra said: »
How viable is it to solo the 4th Floor Madame? 30 minutes seems tight for time.
About 15-25min to reach 4th floor. If you're soloing, you can get all stat unlocks from 4th floor (north path). Just don't fight everything.