A Few Questions And Xml For An Updated Pup 99

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » A few questions and xml for an updated pup 99
A few questions and xml for an updated pup 99
 Asura.Eurewyen
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2013-12-01 17:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

I've decided to dust off my 99 puppet this evening. I only have gear from abyssea atm, but will within time get some from Skirmish and Delve.

Anyone who happend to have an updated PUP XML that works 100%, min seems to not working anymore!?

And also if anyone can explaine to me how this Petschool addon works, when I do any with my puppet I get text on screem saying, can not find set etc..

And in the petschool settings I'm suppose to make an xml for my pup on different gear sets?

And if anyone have time, make a list of the most importent atttuners needed for whm frame red, and blm. Haven't been on pup for a long time and my memory lack wich I used to have.

Sorry for the lazy questions, but still hope anyone can explaine, in advance thanks!
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2013-12-06 07:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My XML is relatively simple compared to others' I've seen. I'm just not a big fan of keybinds or triggers but hey it works for me.

http://pastebin.com/zDda26eN

To use Petschool you'll need to create 2 sets in your xml; "PetHeal" and "PetNuke". Both sets should contain gear with "Automaton: (whatever enhancements and/or stats)". Then when your auto heals or nukes then PS will load the appropriate gear at precast. I would really like PS to include a pet weaponskill set but afaik it's not an option.

You will also need to make sure that the TP setname and Idle setname are exactly the same between the Petschool's settings.txt and your xml. Otherwise you will get the 'cannot find set' error message. This tells PS which set to equip at aftercast according to which mode you are in, Engaged or Idle.

As an example, in the above xml my PS settings.txt looks like this;
Code
Fill In Settings Below:
PetNuke Set: PetNuke
PetHeal Set: PetHeal
TP Set: Engaged
Idle Set: Idle
Verbose: true