Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Anyone hear any thing about the PS4 problems
Anyone hear any thing about the PS4 problems
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-11-18 17:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just would like to know if anyone heard any thing from sony about them getting to work to fix the problems on lunch and at the same time what they will do for us?

If the mods feel this should go to one of the other forums please move it.I thought at the time of making it that it fit here.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-11-18 17:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcade! \o/
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-11-18 17:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I too, have a problem with lunch.
[+]
By volkom 2013-11-18 18:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Horizontal Position

Pros:

- Quite disk drive: Placing the PS4 horizontally will reduce system noise, which mainly originates from the rotating disk drive. In addition to this, there will be less weight and stress on the drive.

- More cooling: With the new consoles, more heat is produced as the functions which ensure smooth running of the game are enormous. To prevent the console's internal parts from getting overheated, one can keep it horizontally as both sides of the console have an intake vent.

Cons:

- Slight Wobbling: Kept horizontally, it has been noticed that when the Sony logo side of the console is pushed down, it wobbles, which indicates that the particular side might have less rubber to put it in a stationary position. So a user cannot put certain amount of weight on that very part of the console as it might spoil the system.

- Space Consuming: PlayStation 4, when kept horizontally, takes a lot of space which may creat problems for a user who does not have a wide shelf.

Vertical Position

Pros:

- Saves Space: Keeping the PlayStation 4 in a vertical position will save a lot of space, especially if the shelf is not wide enough to fit a console that is placed horizontally.

- Design: PlayStation 4 looks best when in vertical position. The edge-to-edge design of the console, which is one of its major features, loses its charm when placed horizontally.

Cons:

- Tipping Risk: A vertically placed PlayStation 4 is more inclined to damage, caused by one ramming their foot into it or by pets knocking it down, which may spoil the internal functions of the system.

- It has been noticed that the console makes more noise while being in the upright position due to its cooling fan and disc drive rotation.

- More Heating: The console can get quickly heated up when placed vertically. This happens because one of the vents placed on either side of the console is blocked which further puts stress on the console, reported Just Push Start.

- Extra Costs: To make the console stand vertically, one needs to buy an exclusive PlayStation 4 stand which is sold as a separate product that costs an additional $20, depending on the seller.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-11-18 18:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-18 18:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They sold over a million units in their first 24hrs (faster than the Wii and the PS2, both at the top slots for fastest and best selling consoles of all time), and so far there hasn't been an overwhelming amount of defects reported by buyers. No one has exact amounts of defective units, though.

That said, I'm sure they're handling things. They've already said that issues were expected, as with any new console launch. Afaik you can replace your PS4 at most places if they have one available, and Sony might be offering some form of repair or replacement, but I haven't looked into it as I haven't had a reason to. If you have a defective unit, contact the store you bought it from first, especially Amazon. Amazon got a huge batch of bad units and is offering refunds to anyone affected.
 Leviathan.Celille
Server: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2013-11-18 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell does a wobbly PS4 have to do with Sony's problems on lunch? Gdi people stay on topic....and more sloppy joes!

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-11-18 19:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ps4 wobble is stupid, if you're concerned read below.

Quote:
But the wobble doesn't affect the performance of the PlayStation 4, and unless you're inexplicably pressing down on the system, you probably won't even notice. Kotaku even made a video showing you how to fix the problem with eight Post-It notes.

From IGN

LOLtaku fix.

Also INB4:ZOMG Consoles DoA.

Quote:
"There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

4k:1m is pretty damn good for an initial launch. Sucks if you're one of the 4000 that had an issue

Source: IGN
By Enuyasha 2013-11-18 20:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

4K/1M...sounds like a reasonable "***happens and there's nothing we can really do about acts of god" thing.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-11-18 20:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We had three consoles cracked from shipping (3%). They work perfectly fine, just broken plastic bases. The HDMI pins is something the Vita has with its AC slot, too. Simply a factory issue.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-11-18 20:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, Kawar thread. I thought we were past this phase.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-11-18 21:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
They sold over a million units in their first week (faster than the Wii and the PS2, both at the top slots for fastest and best selling consoles of all time), and so far there hasn't been an overwhelming amount of defects reported by buyers. No one has exact amounts of defective units, though.

That said, I'm sure they're handling things. They've already said that issues were expected, as with any new console launch. Afaik you can replace your PS4 at most places if they have one available, and Sony might be offering some form of repair or replacement, but I haven't looked into it as I haven't had a reason to. If you have a defective unit, contact the store you bought it from first, especially Amazon. Amazon got a huge batch of bad units and is offering refunds to anyone affected.

they sold over 1m in the first 24hours, slight correction.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-11-18 21:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah oops, meant first 24h. hasnt even been a week yet D:
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-11-18 22:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Quote:
as both sides of the console have an intake vent.

Cons:

- Slight Wobbling: Kept horizontally, it has been noticed that when the Sony logo side of the console is pushed down, it wobbles, which indicates that the particular side might have less rubber to put it in a stationary position. So a user cannot put certain amount of weight on that very part of the console as it might spoil the system.
I was concerned when I first saw this too, but the wobble isn't a problem, you actually have to push down on the side with the harddrive to make it 'Wobble'

a slight shake or w/e isn't going to make it clank around and or wobble.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-11-18 22:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
They sold over a million units in their first week (faster than the Wii and the PS2, both at the top slots for fastest and best selling consoles of all time), and so far there hasn't been an overwhelming amount of defects reported by buyers. No one has exact amounts of defective units, though.

they sold over 1m in the first 24hours, slight correction.
and half of them are currently on Ebay :P
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-11-18 22:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, something to keep in mind, a failure rate of about 2-3% on ALL electronics is pretty much considered a totally acceptable failure rate.

so let's say 1,000,000 consoles were sold, that means a failure rate of 20k to 30k would not be out of the question. Don't let the vocal minority freak your out, is all I'm saying.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-11-19 13:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if anyone does have any issues there are two things that can help.

If you have a black screen but the ps4 is running then you most likely have a issue with the hdmi port. make sure there is no bent pin and if there is push it down (make sure console is off and unplugged) and dont forget to check your hdmi cable too.

If the ps4 says it has issues accessing the storage unit then power off your console and check on the HDD. on some of the consoles it wasn't seated all the way and had a loose connection. So just take it out and put it back in. and it should work.

I don't know if there are any other issues atm. Mine works great. Though I regret not going fully digital...Gamestop just has some nice dlc benefits that i didnt want to pass up D: but bf4 seems to give me an application error every so often.

Side note. Seems like EA games have some bugs. A handful of application errors and when using the ps4 to record its gameplay i have no sound. But only on bf4.. so might be just EA.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-19 13:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
Also, something to keep in mind, a failure rate of about 2-3% on ALL electronics is pretty much considered a totally acceptable failure rate.

so let's say 1,000,000 consoles were sold, that means a failure rate of 20k to 30k would not be out of the question. Don't let the vocal minority freak your out, is all I'm saying.

Considering it is much lower than that. I am proud of Sony for getting its shi t together. Few good games (personally I am psyched for infamous 3), and the PS4 will be in a really good position.

Wonder how the Xbox Oneweirdname is going to do on launch? I am sure it will ride on the success of the 360, but by how much?
All they have to do is make a Halo for the lolbox1 and they will instantly sell out..
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-11-19 14:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »

Considering it is much lower than that. I am proud of Sony for getting its shi t together. Few good games (personally I am psyched for infamous 3), and the PS4 will be in a really good position.

Wonder how the Xbox Oneweirdname is going to do on launch? I am sure it will ride on the success of the 360, but by how much?

X1 will be completely fine. These consoles will be right next to each other for their entire lifespan. The first top billing exclusive is Titanfall for X1.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-11-19 21:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for moving this for me.also all this information is helping me a lot.If you need the step by step to get the update on a flash drive ask me i can give you the link.

Post deleted by User.
[+]