Namas Arrow Soon To Be Good Again?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Namas Arrow soon to be good again?
Namas Arrow soon to be good again?
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-10-31 05:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With the incoming boost to REMs, will Namas Arrow become good again for superbuffed SAMs or am I missing something?

Really excited for the update because I wanted to play SAM when I first started FFXI. After seeing the Relic Update I dusted off the Yoichi, made an Amano, and got my SAM past 49 lol.

Also, If I have Amano and Yoichi with Kaiten/Fudo/Shoha/Namas open to me, is Koga worth having? I was really excited for Fudo on Koga, but then I keep hearing people go on about Koga not being as good as it is on paper and doesn't play well with Relic AM. So is it a downgrade from Amano/Yoichi combo?
 Fenrir.Ropeteer
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ropeteer 2013-10-31 07:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are good questions. But to answer any of those is pure speculation at this point as we won't know how to best answer without seeing the boosts to R/E/M weapons.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-10-31 08:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we know they'll keep their special stats, and have the iLVL 119 skill, and slightly reduced base damage. The mock example they did before seems about what we can expect.

Looking into it a bit more, the Bow + Arrow should have a higher base damage than the GK, better fSTR, better WSC(?), and a higher pDIF.

Kaiten seems to be the best GK WS at 100~150tp with proper buffs.

Bow + Arrow Damage, 3.0 pDIF cap, fSTR2, 2.95fTP, and 40% STR/AGI WSC

vs

Amano Damage, 2.25 pDIF cap, 3.2fTP, 60% STR WSC, and overwhelm.

I'm guessing skill+ on the weapons will help close the gap between SAM's GK and Archery skills?