Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Tsurumaru/Yoichi
Tsurumaru/Yoichi
First Page 2
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-08-09 10:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking about building a Yoichinoyumi for SAM and RNG since I have both. I also recently aquired a Tsurumaru. How do the two weapons perforn together? I havent seen too much information on the plasm bow for SAM but long story short am I just better off making a gun? I really only wanna hafta upgrade mikinaak and nothing else. Thanks for aby feedback.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-08-09 11:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's trash for SAM now, which the recent level correction adjustments, it lost the shine it had on SAM.
(Then theres the obvious Tsurumaru smashing Yoichi's base dmg into the ground.)
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-09 11:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi sucks now. (for now?)

Make GUN. Until the REM updates (December or later) there is no reason to use Bow.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-09 11:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At the moment, Spelgan Bow will beat Yoichi.

All previous uses for Yoichi can be easily replaced with Apex Arrow. Thus, you can use Apex Arrow in Legion chambers and Delve Mobs that are particularily weak to piercing (Twith, Chapuli in Ceizak especially). Sadly, along with Yoichi, it will "not" work against the Bee boss even with Sushi (But probably would work with Preludes). It may work against Tojil when it's weak to piercing but I haven't tried it yet.

It's notable that SAM/RNG using sidewinder is very potent in Legion and some others instances (In testing) where it is applicable as well. (And this doesn't need a Yoichi to pull off, just a spelgan bow)

So overall, ranged WS type damage for SAM is very effective for the niche that it's used in, but none requires a Yoichi. Also, with Ammunition upgrades, while amazing, gimps Bow when compared to Gun because most of the base damage of bow comes from the Bow itself. For Gun, it comes from the ammunition. This makes gun a superior choice.

Thus, I'd rather make the gun rather than Yoichi. At least for now.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-08-09 13:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a tad disappointed about this. lol
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-08-09 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Even annihilator is somewhat disappointing at the moment, though certainly less so than bow. Donderbuss is your best option if you can manage to control your hate with /DRG.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-09 15:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that everything they are saying is temp baring the rem updates that WILL eventually come out... So in the meantime I recommend using your time to make money and do other useful things until then.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-09 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Remember that everything they are saying is temp baring the rem updates that WILL eventually come out... So in the meantime I recommend using your time to make money and do other useful things until then.

And until they adjust it, there are thousands of people continuing to pay their subscription fee to sit in limbo. Don't count on RME adjustments to be swift or desirable in the near future. I'd hardly abstain from being relevant in the mean time just waiting for REM adjustments.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-10 02:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get your Delve gear to R15 (and right now 3 +2s is only 4.5mil on my server) there isn't much else to spend your gil on, may as well make a relic that you really want while it's cheap and sit on it til the update happens. I wouldn't sink my gil into it now though if you have other upgrades to make, do ***that's relevant first and then RME 99 as a last option.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2013-08-10 04:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam/war with Tsuru/Speleogen Bow spamming Apex Arrow can be an absolute beast, at least in Ceizak fracture. In our last three Ceizak runs, we had a Sam/war rocking this set up and he was just destroying the parse; it was pretty astounding lol.

I do think it requires proper gear/support/aggressive playstyle to perform well (definitely requires double Prelude for Muyingwa), but I think he was parsing either 27% or 34%... It's been a few days so I can't remember absolute specifics but our other DDs aren't slouches at all. Basically, he was noticeably ahead of the others. I think he was using Chapuli Arrows too, so he could've done even more if he had Tulfaires.

I'm not sure how well it'd perform in the other fractures, but it was quite impressive in Ceizak.
By macsdf1 2013-08-10 05:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He can shoot muyinga as sam/war? I kept missing when I tried, like 1/8 haha.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-10 10:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
He can shoot muyinga as sam/war? I kept missing when I tried, like 1/8 haha.

Apex is 1 hit, I doubt he's shooting for TP, so TP at max distance and use Apex as your WS to take advantage of piercing weakness. He did mention double preludes on the SAM. I'd imagine that the lack of a -enmity property makes this even more niche than the Namas spam tactic people were using prior to SoA.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-08-10 10:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Namas/coro has normal 1hit melee ws acc boost too yeah? My apex acc was always ***vs high monsters, disregarding namas am
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-10 10:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Namas/coro has normal 1hit melee ws acc boost too yeah? My apex acc was always ***vs high monsters, disregarding namas am

I don't know if ranged WS have the same acc boost that melee WS do, but SAM/WAR with a decent ranged acc build I landed Apex very consistently on mobs I had fairly low acc for ranged attacks.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-10 10:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Namas does and Apex doesn't (if it does it's nowhere near Namas' boost). And no I'm not mistaking Namas aftermath with the boost.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-10 10:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Namas doesn't get as big an ACC boost as normal WSs. Anyone that did Mul using Namas spam would know that. (pre-expansion)
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-08-10 10:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Even Namas doesn't get as big an ACC boost as normal WSs. Anyone that did Mul using Namas spam would know that. (pre-expansion)

are you sure about that lol maybe your racc was just that bad to begin with?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-10 10:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had accuracy problems in Mul with Namas. :/ Even with a pure STR/Ratt set.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-10 11:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

With the best possible aggressive namas set, you still needed 1 Hadjuk ring to cap at 95% in Mul. We were on the verge of not capping.

My memory is fuzzy on this, but I believe I've talked to Sylow with this and the ranged accuracy boost is +100. Back then, using Apex used to miss considerably more often so I'm sure that Namas had put us to a ranged accuracy level that was "just sufficent".
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-10 11:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »

are you sure about that lol maybe your racc was just that bad to begin with?

No different then any other SAM. Standard melee buffs. (no preludes) I always had to stack some RA ACC to cap Namas ACC.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-10 11:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Over 8 saved Mul parses I have 259 hits and 17 misses. Not a huge sample size I guess.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-08-10 11:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

dem quicksteps?
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-08-10 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably just get sploogey bow. Only 1/5 in apex atm but We'll see how it goes. Mostly using Upukirex on my DRG atm and I just wanted some variety.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-10 11:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Statement was made with analysis with over 20+ Mul parses (You can even double that number since we had at minimum 2 identical SAM's). Harpy is never capped without the extra r.acc ring and the more Gallus you kill without Hamanoha, the more that r.accuracy is going to suffer. Our sample sizes are pretty big too, each run consisted of 15-18 bosses.

The difference was very subtle. Overall, 87%-92% acc without the ring.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-10 11:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything I'd say the different results are due to different Hunter's Roll values unless we know the evasion of said mobs. Did you have someone(THF) using Quickstep?

Edit: Possibility of Commodore Tricorne effect activating at different times as well.

Double Edit: Either way, I guess adding in an Racc ring would be the safer way to go. Though not like this info is relevant these days anyway!
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-10 11:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

And until they adjust it, there are thousands of people continuing to pay their subscription fee to sit in limbo. Don't count on RME adjustments to be swift or desirable in the near future. I'd hardly abstain from being relevant in the mean time just waiting for REM adjustments.
All rems are currently useless/easily replaceable besides brd/pld 90% of the time. So you would be more gimp making them than spending your time and money getting something better currently. And get it when it's good again.
Edit: though if cheap can always invest in the currency needed and if he wants later turn it in then. And if not sell it.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-08-10 12:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did you have someone(THF) using Quickstep?

This is probably the answer. My accuracy numbers assumes only Hunter's Roll since runs by my LS this early never had THF.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-10 12:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All rems are currently useless/easily replaceable besides brd/pld 90% of the time. So you would be more gimp making them than spending your time and money getting something better currently. And get it when it's good again.
Edit: though if cheap can always invest in the currency needed and if he wants later turn it in then. And if not sell it.

You can justify it any way you like, but the fact of the matter is that currency prices have never been cheaper and there has never been less competition for empy NM's. (as of about 1.5 months ago when I quit) So, you can easily build the weapons while its cheap and easy banking on the update, but in the mean time, you will be undesirable for current content and when the next wave of high end stuff comes around you'll be playing catch-up. If you don't have the time/resources to do both, you're still better off working for now than the future.

Let's say that updated 99 Masamune has nearly the same base damage as Tsurumaru. They are going to balance it based on the damage of Fudo and Aftermath, so it's unlikely it will have 25 save TP or hundreds of combat skill that would make Tsuru worthless. There will still be plenty of situations where a 5-hit Tsuru build is going to beat a 5-hit Masamune build for accuracy or STP reasons.

It's all speculation anyway, if you had to choose, I'd go for the sure thing. If 99 empyreans are as good as everyone hopes they are, there will be plenty of plates and cinders as well.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-10 12:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You can justify it any way you like, but the fact of the matter is that currency prices have never been cheaper and there has never been less competition for empy NM's. (as of about 1.5 months ago when I quit) So, you can easily build the weapons while its cheap and easy banking on the update, but in the mean time, you will be undesirable for current content and when the next wave of high end stuff comes around you'll be playing catch-up. If you don't have the time/resources to do both, you're still better off working for now than the future.

Let's say that updated 99 Masamune has nearly the same base damage as Tsurumaru. They are going to balance it based on the damage of Fudo and Aftermath, so it's unlikely it will have 25 save TP or hundreds of combat skill that would make Tsuru worthless. There will still be plenty of situations where a 5-hit Tsuru build is going to beat a 5-hit Masamune build for accuracy or STP reasons.

It's all speculation anyway, if you had to choose, I'd go for the sure thing. If 99 empyreans are as good as everyone hopes they are, there will be plenty of plates and cinders as well.
You clearly didn't read my edit firstly bc that negates what you said about cheapness. Secondly making an rem won't make you desirable any linkshell doing modern content will tell you to put it into storage and I get a delve weapon or quit until update... But ultimately if you read the op you would know he is already desirable player and wants to add something else to arsenal that he will enjoy as long as it's not useless so in that case he could get it now and be fine lol for cheap like you said. But the actual smart long term plan would be to stock up and wait to see what stats will be.
First Page 2