Fishing Fatigure Clarification
 Phoenix.Meektaru
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Meekriot
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-08-01 11:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all.

I'm looking for some clarification on fishing fatigue.

Is fatigue based on the 200 catch limit per character or account? I can't seem to catch anything on my main after hitting 200 on my mule.

Also, do you fatigue faster if you only try to catch one type of fish? EX: 200 moat carp, or do you need to catch gold carp as well to avoid fatigue before the 200 limit.

Sorry for the questions, but I've been trying to find clarification all over.

Thanks.
By Spiraboo 2013-08-01 11:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is fatigue based on the 200 catch limit per character or account? I can't seem to catch anything on my main after hitting 200 on my mule.

Per character. Make sure your main character is more than 2 weeks old and isn't on a level 20 or lower job. (might be incredibly obvious but make sure you got the right rod/bait on for your target ^^)

Quote:
Also, do you fatigue faster if you only try to catch one type of fish? EX: 200 moat carp, or do you need to catch gold carp as well to avoid fatigue before the 200 limit.
Nope. You can hit fatigue on 200 carp, or 200 of a variety of fishes. It's teh number of times you reeled in a fish that counts.
 Fenrir.Ropeteer
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ropeteer 2013-08-02 07:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to add, that I'm sure Spiraboo meant to say, that ANYTHING you reel in contributes to that fatigue. Logs, rusties, fish, gil, it's all the same.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-22 23:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Blizzardxc said: »
I am having a problem with Fishing Fatigue. I have a lvl 99 character been active for years. Just recently like 1 month ago I was able to catch 200 of any fish with no problem. The main problem is I fish Hakuryu's and once I fish up 30-40 I get the message "Did not catch anything". Tested it out and casted 150 more times with the same message. I waited unitl Japanese Midnight for fatigue reset and I was able to fish up 30-40 Hakuryu's and then same problem everyday. I zoned and rebooted and still couldn't catch any fish. I tried all types of fish. It seems there is a glitch or cap on my character for some reason. I have another character and fish with it with no problem reaching 200 fish. I have contacted GM's, Square Enix, Square Enix forums about this bug and nobody has been able to help me with this issue. Has anyone else had this problem b/c I seen an old post around 2011 when someone had this same issue but hasn't responded to my Private Message.

using a "kill fish stamine" option ?

getting haks up to fast will result in severe fattique. its an anticheat feature
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-23 06:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also zoning helps with "soft fatigue" where your delay in between casts keeps increasing. If you stay fishing in the same zone for too long eventually your delay is going to be really high. Doesn't seem to reset with JP midnight, just zone changes.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-23 11:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blizzardxc said: »
I did use the kill fish option before and still was able to hit the 200 fish cap. Then I switched the option to catch regular after I noticed the fatigue setting in. It does the same thing were it fatigues me no matter what I do. I use the same option with my 2nd character and it has no problem catching 200 black soles a day. I also tried zoning and still didn't work because after the 30-40 Haks it doesn't allow me to fish any fish at all.

blacksole <=> haks
The kill fish anti cheat is active on epic fish and not on blacksole.
no bot talks on this forum is allowed.