Issue Rdm SC, Error Line 205 Please Help

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Red Mage » Issue rdm SC, error line 205 please help
Issue rdm SC, error line 205 please help
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-06-18 23:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

tossed sc
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-06-18 23:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

</sets>
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-18 23:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mesheef said: »
sorry for my noobness what should it be?

Well, you're closing a statement you didn't open, there needs to be a <sets> at the beginning
By tigroux 2013-06-18 23:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you have a </sets> but no start.

Shouldn't there be a <sets> on the line before the "<group default="yes" name="Red Mage">" thing?

EDIT: What the person above me said. Good to know I know what I am talking about though. haha
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-18 23:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

tigroux said: »
Looks like you have a </sets> but no start. Shouldn't there be a <sets> on the line before the "<group default="yes" name="Red Mage">" thing? EDIT: What the person above me said. Good to know I know what I am talking about though. haha

You're assuming I do ^^
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-06-18 23:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

change:

<group default="yes" name="Red Mage">

to

<sets>
<group default="yes" name="Red Mage">

to match that ending </sets> tag.

Also, I know spaces don't really work (might not work at all?) in set names, so I'm not sure they actually work in group names?

The Name is for switching between groups and inheriting purposes. Instead, change that line to be:

<sets>
<group default="yes" name="main">
By tigroux 2013-06-18 23:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
tigroux said: »
Looks like you have a </sets> but no start. Shouldn't there be a <sets> on the line before the "<group default="yes" name="Red Mage">" thing? EDIT: What the person above me said. Good to know I know what I am talking about though. haha

You're assuming I do ^^

Haha. Well I am new to SC myself, been playing with it for the last 2 weeks now and sorta getting the hang of it. So being able to spot something I think is wrong and someone else spot the same thing shows I learn stuffz good. lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-18 23:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
change: <group default="yes" name="Red Mage"> to <sets> <group default="yes" name="Red Mage"> to match that ending </sets> tag. Also, I know spaces don't really work (might not work at all?) in set names, so I'm not sure they actually work in group names? The Name is for switching between groups and inheriting purposes. Instead, change that line to be: <sets> <group default="yes" name="main">

I like to use <group default="yes" name="standard"> unless I'm defining multiple groups, but the way he has it should be fine. It's not a complex XML, anyway.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-06-19 00:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Never too early to start learning good habits, that's all.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-19 10:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mesheef said: »
I would love to get more into this, I really need one for a few jobs. just getting into drk pretty heavily as well. but my sam, dnc, blu and a few others could really use a SC

DRK requires a much more complex XML to deal with the various overcapped haste scenarios if you want to get the most out of the job. BLU requires a buttload of sets if not much in the way of complexity.
By Solrain 2013-06-29 03:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you need Mote-Config-Include.xml and Mote-Rules-Include.xml to avoid the error. Shouldn't need to change anything in the files themselves.
By Solrain 2013-06-29 03:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nope, don't need to modify anything in your main xml at all - just take this file, call it Mote-Config-Include.xml and put it into your Windower4/plugins/spellcast folder and do the same thing with this file too (as Mote-Rules-Include.xml). That should fix it!
By Solrain 2013-06-29 04:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No prob, glad it works!