FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-20 22:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Im really confused by the job/class system in this game. Do you have to take a job? can you take a class to level cap? is there sub jobs?

You level your base class (such as Conjurer) to 50. At 30 you can unlock White Mage for its job. White mage will use Thaumaturge and likely Arcanist abilities as a sort of "sub job". Jobs only learn their unique abilities through quests, the same quest lines they get their artifact armor from.

Jobs only get to use their base class abilities and the abilities from 2 specific other classes.

Classes can use any other classes abilities. Classes are more for solo play (so your Lancer can use Cure) while jobs are for group play. Think of jobs as just a role you choose for your party. Arcanist for example gets Summoner and Scholar as jobs. Summoner for magic/ranged DPS, Scholar for DPS and support heals. If your party needs supporting heals, you'll want to be Scholar. However, if all you've done is unlock the jobs and have not gained all the abilities, it may just be more useful to the party to stay as your class (especially so for white mage, you get spells like regen and benediction from your job quests).

Its very similar to RIFT's system. As a rogue you can level to max cap, then choose to be a melee dps, ranged dps, support bard, or tank just by choosing a new role, your level is always the same no matter what job you choose as long as it doesnt change your class.

So getting an Arcanist to 50 in FFXIV will enable you to get the SMN and SCH jobs. The jobs don't have levels themselves but grow through questing abilities.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-20 22:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, this is starting to make more sense.

so basically, whatever you learn from a class, will stay with your character when you go to another class?

but jobs can only use abilities from certain jobs as well as their own abilities?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-20 22:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was writing something but Das beat me to it so *** it. lol
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-20 23:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, this is starting to make more sense.

so basically, whatever you learn from a class, will stay with your character when you go to another class?

For the most part. Every class has certain abilities that only it can use. Like for Thaumaturge, only THM/BLM can use Blizzard and Fire spells, but Thunder can be used by other classes (like Conjurer) and their associated jobs (white mage). EVERY ability in the game has listed in its help text which other class and job can use it.

And no to the edited in job question. Jobs can only use certain abilities from other classes. A jobs abilities are distinctly for that job. For instance, no other class or job can use benediction or holy, just white mage. Try not to confuse the terms class and job, they're very different things this time around ^^. A job is literally like saying that class has a specific job to do. Like a conjurer has nukes, but in a party it changes its job to white mage and a white mages job is to heal, not nuke.

However I should note that, for instance, conjurer learns protect and (i believe) all other classes can equip it but conjurer eventually learns a job trait that gives protect a shell effect as well. So if you have a conjurer or white mage in the party, let them do the protecting. This is important for when you're on a class/job (such as bard) that has access to buffing spells from CNJ.
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-20 23:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like everyone is going to be playing on behemoth? :( I already started with a good buddy on adamantoise!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-21 00:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be up in 4 hours yeah?
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-21 00:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

is it weekend only beta for now :o?
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2013-06-21 00:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a question regarding the early access, and am unsure which is true.

i have heard that owners of the 1.0 collectors edition will be able to download the ARR client for free and get early access that way, is that true?

incase the above is false, i had preordered and paid off the ps3 collectors edition completely, is that suppose to have a code for early access as well?
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-21 00:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

3:30 now, draylo
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-21 02:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

2 hours :o
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-21 02:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

***...do i go to bed now and wake up in 6hrs and play before i go to work, or stay up and pull an allnighter lol. D: choices, choices :<
 Shiva.Myyku
Server: Shiva
user: mikuu
By Shiva.Myyku 2013-06-21 02:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Planning to do an all nighter for this ***. Probably shouldn't though... but the excitement and the fun!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-21 02:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so if I do archer to 50, and i get bard unlocked, my bard will also be 50?

so that means when i unlock a job, it will already be 30?
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Yes. They're not separate from each other as far as level, but they do get their own spec points.

Really? That is very interesting. I thought they were separate.

Does anyone know how hard are the quests are to unlock the jobs?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-21 02:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Yes. They're not separate from each other as far as level, but they do get their own spec points.

Does anyone know how are the quests are to unlock the jobs?

not sure how it is in ARR, but in 1.0 it was a level 30 quest. you couldn't solo, needed a group of level 30's to do it.

or you could just get a level 50 person to solo it for you lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-21 02:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I read that in 1.0 there was no mail system in place. Is there now a system in place that you can send items to your mules or friends?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-21 02:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I read that in 1.0 there was no mail system in place. Is there now a system in place that you can send items to your mules or friends?

Yes, you talk to the moogle npc and all of your dreams will be answered.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-21 05:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love a world where mages wear spandex :<
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-21 05:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

obligatory new My body is ready 14 meme.

and with that i'm going to bed, work in 6hrs X_x cu guys and enjoy the beta.
[+]
 Asura.Luminiferous
By Asura.Luminiferous 2013-06-21 07:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
obligatory new My body is ready 14 meme.

and with that i'm going to bed, work in 6hrs X_x cu guys and enjoy the beta.

[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2013-06-21 07:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an extra NA ps3 key?
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-21 11:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how hard are the quests are to unlock the jobs?

To unlock in 1.0 was pretty easy. You could only do it with 4 people but there were no level caps. Could solo it at level 50. Note though that just unlocking it won't do didly though, you need to do the other quests in the job questline to get other abilities for it.

Asura.Domz said: »
i have a question regarding the early access, and am unsure which is true.

i have heard that owners of the 1.0 collectors edition will be able to download the ARR client for free and get early access that way, is that true?

incase the above is false, i had preordered and paid off the ps3 collectors edition completely, is that suppose to have a code for early access as well?

Legacy members and preorders get early access. 1.0 characters will need to preorder for early access unless they reached legacy status.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-21 11:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I didnt sell my FFXI account that had my XIV collectors edition on it, lol.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-21 13:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wheres the main story after I do the airship quest?
I wanna get into Tam Tara >< No idea where to go or find it. Helpppp
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2013-06-21 14:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

have you been able to get on it? wont give me the option to hit play button when it loads. maybe server full?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-21 14:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angelous said: »
have you been able to get on it? wont give me the option to hit play button when it loads. maybe server full?
Is it just a blank area? I know I had that issue last weekend, where the button would load but the image for the button didn't so it was invisible. Hover over cursor change revealed where the button was when this would happen.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-21 17:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of these quests are not easy peasy as those detractor already sneeze at. You know where to go, you don't always know what you are suppose to do, you need to figure it out yourself and die over and over and over and over. A few quests cannot be solo, I played conjurer which end up a bit easier (or not for some people). Airship access is level 15 after the chain quests where you have to team up with moogle, and then another double whammy quests (that will go back to back). If the quest is instanced you loose all your buffs. So far all the classes are very fun to play.

For people who hate cut scene - there are tons of those lengthy ones lol. Which as typical FF, you will have to do for every new character you plan to make. It's great for people who love FF lore. WoW CS seems rather silly and extremely cartoonist compared to the beautiful CS of FF 14.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-21 17:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »

For people who hate cut scene - there are tons of those lengthy ones lol. Which as typical FF, you will have to do for every new character you plan to make. It's great for people who love FF lore. WoW CS seems rather silly and extremely cartoonist compared to the beautiful CS of FF 14.

By pressing Escape or the cancel button on controller you can choose to skip the cutscenes. Handy for mule characters.
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-21 17:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
By pressing Escape or the cancel button on controller you can choose to skip the cutscenes. Handy for mule characters.

Thanks, I know a few friends who hate the FF CS, not sure why, but yeah handy for mules for sure. Just not sure the leveling system for your other classes though, I mean each starting areas has quests that you go do once. After that if you switch to another class then those one time quests are done for and you get to level via hunting guide and FATE, plus repeatable Leve. I wish there are repeatable quests, leve needs to refresh faster though, after a week off, I got 30, that works for casual but hardcore will not be happy.

Do you know how to get into the first dungeon quests? do you get this after the 3 cities airship quest?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-21 17:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Got bored after a while, them damn quests.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23