Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Kaiten vs Shoha
Kaiten vs Shoha
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-10 12:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recently got my Amano this week and got it up to 95. I'm a bit confused on what scenario calls for Tachi: Kaiten to be used over Shoha.

Can anyone help explain to me which is the better lower level content WS, higher content, with full buffs ect...? Or is Kaiten even worth using over Shoha before the +40% boost at 99?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-10 12:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Capped attack, Kaiten. Uncapped attack, Shoha. Lv.99 only.

Also Uguisumaru.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

I'm trying to polish up my SAM to even be able to get into Delve for an Ugui, I don't play mage jobs.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-10 12:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're discussing a 95, Ergo an incomplete relic. Finish it. 99 will also be part of the REM boost, making the Amano more powerful, coupled with the WS boost.

You made the 95, thats more gil than the 95-99 shouldn't be too hard with the current prices on marrows.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-10 12:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
You're discussing a 95, Ergo an incomplete relic. Finish it. 99 will also be part of the REM boost, making the Amano more powerful, coupled with the WS boost.

You made the 95, thats more gil than the 95-99 shouldn't be too hard with the current prices on marrows.

Wasn't saying I'm not going to 99 it, I just got it this week. I'm in the process of saving up for Marrows now. I just wanted to know if I should even use Kaiten for the time being until 99.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-10 12:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

Also Uguisumaru.

I'm trying to polish up my SAM to even be able to get into Delve for an Ugui, I don't play mage jobs.

99 Relic is nearly on Par with Delve weapons due to the Aftermath, Espcially after the update they will win (assuming SE keeps to the planned % bonus to base DMG)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-10 12:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't saying I'm not going to 99 it, I just got it this week. I'm in the process of saving up for Marrows now. I just wanted to know if I should even use Kaiten for the time being until 99.

Ah probably not then, sorry about that, didn't mean to sound like an arse!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-10 12:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaiten 95 is rather weak unfortunately, the main advantage is the SC property which can pull better things than Shoha depending on what you do etc.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-10 12:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Uguisumaru.

99 Relic is nearly on Par with Delve weapons due to the Aftermath, Espcially after the update they will win (assuming SE keeps to the planned % bonus to base DMG)

Uguly shits on Amano99. The only time I use my Amano is first floor salvage for Self Light. AM on Amano is craptastic and 60 base damage more then makes up for OD2.5 on a job that is so heavily bias towards WS damage.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-10 12:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the fail DD I've seen with the Delve GK were really just that bad then.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-10 12:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much.

The usual pick up Ugui guy you see on Cerberus is a waste of game data. Between the 4/5 AF3+2 and other stuff of the same caliber, I wouldn't take any of them seriously. I think I saw one that was "decent", but even then he was a brainless 2 sets DD, absolutely disgusting.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-10 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 99.9% of Cerberus DDs are clueless and that might be low balling it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-06-10 12:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Well 99.9% of Cerberus DDs are clueless and that might be low balling it.

lol This so much

Edit: Perhaps the Amano Accuracy bonus allowed the Amano user to use RCB while the other DD didn't bother with food.... Not like thats uncommon on cerberus " I won't pay 20k for 1 RCB or Sole Sushi to increase my damage by a lot cos gil is hard to get "
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-10 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they buy food when you are?

That's how they think.