Chains Of Promathia PUP Tenzen Solo/fight Advice

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Chains of Promathia PUP Tenzen solo/fight advice
Chains of Promathia PUP Tenzen solo/fight advice
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-06-06 04:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly have no clue where to post this topic but I am attempting it as PUP/SAM so I figured here would be good. Does anyone here have any advice for this fight is it even possible to solo? I have Reveneant Fist +2 and a Thunder belt combined with Rancor collar making for a good VS typically. Last Time I feel like I almost had him but he kicked me out basically. I tried it as a SS puppet got killed then with a SW but switched to SS afterwards and it looked good until I got kicked. Does anyone have any advice? I'd prefer to solo but if I have to shout tomorrow in Jeuno for a partner I will.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-06 04:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a blu and they can solo it in a few seconds. Though it just sounds like you arent doing enough damage, do you have alternator? is your SS frame skills capped? what is the rest of your gear like as a neck and waist alone dont cut it as a VS set.
By Lisotte 2013-06-06 10:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe I beat it on my second try, with str magian h2h, soulsoother frame/head, and stringing pummel. No rigor or alternator at that time.

Kind've just straight zerged it down, I think I had my pet melee as well. I believe I had on DD food, and had a vile elixir +1 and an icarus wing in case ***hit the fan. Normal tp gear (not very good gear), and berserk/warcry/aggressor on as able to.

I believe I had to do an emergency repair>role reversal>DAD when at some point I was close to death and my auto didn't have 100% hp and had low mana (I dragged the boss a little so pet wouldn't hit it because I believe there were blaze spikes on it).
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-06 10:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be an utter joke with alternator or rigor h2h. Heck it should have been a joke simply at 99, I would think.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-06-06 11:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM zerg works great, didnt even get to finish my 2 hour~
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-06-06 12:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a full kokugetsu armor set from Aby with STR mods I wear for the VS except the bocy which has Crit damage +3 instead of STR mods, also I wear a cavaros mantle. I thought a Switch to war might do it thanx for the advice. I'll try that and if not I'll shout for help.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-06 12:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizucallow said: »
I have a full kokugetsu armor set from Aby with STR mods I wear for the VS except the bocy which has Crit damage +3 instead of STR mods, also I wear a cavaros mantle. I thought a Switch to war might do it thanx for the advice. I'll try that and if not I'll shout for help.

That might be why... Do delve and get Alternator/Rigor and armor. And farm Empy +2 stuff.

Also we have the same character model. :<
By itchi508 2013-06-06 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be joke to any job really, i solod it 75rdm/nin long long time ago. Any 99 should kill him instantly w/o issue.

If you cant kill em after Sekkinoki, just meditate WS > TP wing > WS and SC should finish him.
Also bring a 1-2 Hi Elixers, (no medicated effect) and will help if u need that lil bump of hp/mp

Really you should jus go pup/war, get tp, ws> tp wing> ws that should kill him, VS> VS> light should drop him in seconds. Put your pup on healer if your getting beat up.
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-06-06 13:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I did what Lisotte said and beat it on the second try /WAR when I remebered to eat a curry bun...lol. That aggressor helped way more than Berserk or Warcry as and Elvaan accuracy is what I lack most. I couldn't skillchain but the damage from 1 VS was twice what it was /SAM cause I actually hit with all 4 hits and add in berserk & warcry as well. I've only been 99 PUP for 2 weeks thanks for the advice.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-06 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

o.-

You're likely at accuracy cap in a level 75 fight (assuming your h2h skill is capped) so Aggressor wouldn't have done anything other than lower your evasion. It just sounds like you had some unlucky misses the first time. But congratulations regardless :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-06 14:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I cannot imagine that a 99 player with capped skills should be having accuracy issues on Tenzen

2) Please stop citing race as the source of acc issues, 99 PUP/WAR (Hume) has 91 DEX, Elvaan has 88 DEX. 3 DEX is the source of your accuracy trouble? That's 1% hit rate at best.
[+]
By Lisotte 2013-06-08 04:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol just realised I was thinking of the airship fight, not the tenzen fight for some reason; I just remembered tenzen being on the airship.

Strategy was pretty much the same for tenzen, only a lot faster.

And as for aggressor... good point I didn't need accuracy. But I really didn't need more evasion either, and putting on berserk/warcry/aggressor is kind of a habit for me for a lot of things I fight.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [397 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2014-07-10 14:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wiped the floor with Tenzen just wearing eminent gear and h2h with the aid of RDM auto. Solo'd pretty much all of CoP on Pup. Finally got sch to 99 for Adoulin but job requires more gearswaps than I have room for. Should have leveled SAM or DRK...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-10 14:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure in another 397 days, we'll be able to just look at Tenzen and win.
[+]