[Archive] The Birth Of Mnejing - A Puppetmaster Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » [Archive] The Birth of Mnejing - A Puppetmaster Guide
[Archive] The Birth of Mnejing - A Puppetmaster Guide
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-18 14:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much always!
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-07-18 15:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 308354

This is what I see as best tp set for pup in non acc situations and no focus on auto output.

I have all this gear except the hands, and in seeing that tenryu+1 are unobtainable for most people, what would be best to put in hands slot? 4%haste is needed to cap (with ionis), leaving us with omodaka, relic+2, empy+2....

Would putting in one of these gloves be best or switching to a herch sash or twilight belt + non haste gloves (cant think of any) be a better option.

[edit] and for acc situations what would be optimal swaps? manibozho body, new pup backpiece, acc belt? Haven't put much thought into it because my pup isn't going against delve bosses because I have mnk, but I would still like to make a set if I find myself doing them in the future.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-18 18:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Only need 3% from hands to cap with Ionis!
whats the Ionis haste value?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-18 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind, I was told wrong. It's 12/1024, so need 4!
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-18 18:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been told it's 2%. Is it 1%? Can I have a link to testing?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-07-18 18:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't need the haste from hands (or from the automaton non-focus) I would use Usukane Gote +1, assuming you can keep capped haste, which you should, if you swap some gear around.

As for Non-haste gloves, if you have it, I would suggest Myrmex Gloves, or for those without ranged jobs, manibozho gloves using Path: A for Att+15, Acc+10, and STR+10. Yes, some people called this a very silly combination, but seeing as Pup can't use the Buremte Gloves, those would probably be your two best options.

Personally, if I had the chance, I would swap into the Herch sash for the accuracy and haste. I believe my Puppetmaster is at 27% haste, so the sash would afford me the chance to use different hands. I also like to make sure my puppet's stats are as high as they need to be, so I use Cirque Guanti +2 as well as my Omodaka Hizayoroi.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-18 18:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
I've been told it's 2%. Is it 1%? Can I have a link to testing?

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108199-Random-Facts-Thread-Other?p=5808918&viewfull=1#post5808918
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-18 18:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Elavon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Elavon
By Ragnarok.Elavon 2013-07-24 03:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, i'd like to thank everyone who wrote something helpful in this thread :D

i was wondering if the OP guide is gonna be updated soon.. i'd like to start playing PUP since i capped and i'd really need help for gear sets, attachment sets, maneuvers and so on... :)
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-07-25 08:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was curious as to how whm pup stats worked... Since things like haste and the like don't carry over unless it says its for the pet, I was assuming the same was true for cure potency and mnd+ and such. Then I got to thinking then how come pup gets all that weird mage gear then? And thought maybe I had assumed wrong. I was going to be using pup as kind of a solo job, Since I have capped h2h already I figured why not, I mean it seems fun. The more solo jobs the better imo.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-25 08:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster was initially supposed to be a Necromancer which explains why the job was only on mage pieces to start. As the game evolved, PUP slowly began to be added to eastern (MNK/SAM/NIN) sets and then onto mainstream medium sets.

If it doesn't say "pet:" it won't affect the auto.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-07-25 08:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That stems way back to 75 cap I think SE was wanting pup to use mage subs and support the party while the auto did the main bulk of the work. Pup back then also only had a C rating in H2H which was rather annoying. Certainly at 75 pup soloing used to involve the blm frame and sleep nuking as /sch if possible or if the mob had decreased movement speed or was a caster you could run while the auto was nuking. It was a lot different than what its like now you didnt rely on the rng/melee frames when soloing. Every pup would have had a curing set and an int set for ice mannys and the limites auto:stat+ gear. I remember at 50-55 main healing with my auto and back up healing /whm so yeah mage gear did make sense back then

Now fast foreword to 2013 and pups are using the rng frame to solo with due to alternators stat buffs and compared to 75 we have a lot more DD gear. Back then pup didnt get any haste legs or feet nor hands until salvage af2 and goliard body were released. Even to get salvage gear you had to have mnk/nin/sam leveled to get in line for them.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-08-23 18:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updated sets with the new Skirmish 2 equip?
By dustinfoley 2013-08-26 08:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

With +2 DA aug, i believe skirmish hands/feet/legs are better than the set listed by flyingsquirel, which is nice because those hands are super easy to get and to get +2DA on
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-08-28 02:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Good luck, this one won't be easy.
It's all your fault!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-08-28 05:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
I remember at 50-55 main healing with my auto and back up healing /whm so yeah mage gear did make sense back then
I used RNG frame and just raped birds.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-09-06 20:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For (avoiding) maneuver overload, would it be better to use af1 hands + af3 body, or just use ilvl gears to beat autos stats (assuming you would need both slots to do so)?
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2013-09-07 00:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

AF1 Hands, AF3 body, Buffoons collar in maneuver macro.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-09-09 11:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For neck/belt slots, how does Asperity + Windbuffet compare to, say, Cirque Necklace + Windbuffet, or Cirque Necklace + Shaolin Belt?

Edit: also, I'm assuming that 4/5 Otronif augmented with DA+2 on each piece will win just like for monk?
By Otomis 2013-09-14 10:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am only playing pup for fun on the side, used to mess around with it a bit at lv 75, should I be focusing on a WS using Shijin, or Stringing? Since I will mainly be soloing Even match or below lvs, ie rieves, just wondered. Messing around with the spreadsheets but a little guidence would be great, thanks. I have most the attachments but not 100% sure for soloing what is the best set up for each pup style, nuking, rng, support, once again with solo focus.

EDIT: well from all things the XML file says, seems Pummel is the best WS when soloing across all content for most part. Still could use help with the attachments sets, thanks again. (*^.^*)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-09-16 11:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Stringing Pummel is going to be your go-to WS on puppetmaster. It's the best of all H2H WS in the game.

I'll just list important attachments for each auto:

Soulsoother- Mana Tank I/Mana Converter/Economizer/Damage Gauge
I like to use Mana Booster and Power Cooler, as well as Vivi-valve in Abyssea.

Spiritreaver- Loudspeaker I and II/Mana Tank I and II/Tranquilizer/Mana Channeler/Mana Conserver/Mana Converter/Optical Fiber
Ice Maker is also nice to add but be sure you're switching in gear to lessen your chance of overload! You'll burn through lots of ice maneuvers with this attachment, in exchange for some very nice damage.

Sharpshot- Tension Spring I and II/Drum Magazine/Barrage Turbine/Scope/Optical Fiber/Coiler/Auto Repair Kit II
I usually put in an Accelerator and a Armor Plate II. Sharpshot with Alternator has a ton of evasion but -PDT is always nice.

Valoredge- Tension Spring I and II/Hammermill/Barrier Module/Turbo Charger/Optical Fiber/Coiler/Dynamo/Auto Repair Kit II
Galvanizer is nice for certain mobs. How I setup VE depends on whether he's tanking, or I am.

These are just some guidelines. You really should play with the automatons and see what setups you like. The only other puppetmaster that I really play with often is my wife. I don't know how other PUPs set up their automatons specifically but I know what works for me personally.
By Kyler 2013-09-16 13:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melbufrauma said: »
AF1 Hands, AF3 body, Buffoons collar in maneuver macro.

And new cape, Dispersal Mantle
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2013-11-12 08:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Saf

If you use a heatsink, I'm pretty sure you can ice ice water all day and never overload with just the AF3+2 body. Just keep one water maneuver up fulltime, or throw it up every 2 rounds of ice ice ice. If you mess up, there's always cooldown.

--------------------------

I use the following attachments for Odin II and Arch Ultima

Strobe
Hammermill
Volt
Optic
Heatsink
Armor II
Target
Repair
T.Charger
Barrier Module
Attuner
Flash

Depending on what else is in the party, I may sub in:
Mana Jammer - usually use this during Ultima
Schurzen - Use during Odin II for 10k needles. Works well, as my pet is sometimes the only thing alive afterwards.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-11-30 10:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the general consensus about the new AF?
I get mixed feelings for Head and Body, and hands too I guess.

They could be used for "mixed" setups, where you want to melee together with your PET and so want to boost your stats and your automatons.
Atm I don't have a "mixed" setup for PUP (I do have one for BST) for the simple reason that when I'm soloing I usually have healer pet so I like to focus on master's stats, and when I'm focusing on the pet (like when I AFK reives with me sneak/invi and pet engaged) I don't really care for master's stats.

Atm in my pet stat I have a Crit/DA ACP body, DA-10 haste 5% MKE head, Pantin Hands+2 (augmented), AF3+2 legs, cirque earrin, Puppetry neck, Hurch'lan Sash, Pantin Back and uhm I think that's it.

Head/Body/Hands could be a nice alternatives to use to those 3 items above for a mixed sets, but really, I can't see me using a mixed set on PUP.

Other opinions?
 Asura.Jogi
user: Jogi
By Asura.Jogi 2013-12-08 18:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this guide still being made?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jogi 2013-12-08 20:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pasi is just hatin'
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-31 02:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best Merits for category 1 and 2 for PUP?