SAM TP/WS Hybrid...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM TP/WS Hybrid...
SAM TP/WS Hybrid...
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-23 12:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, imagine you were a guy who plays a few different jobs, uses a lot of gear swaps, and knows how most stats go together. Now imagine you have a girlfriend who plays on Xbox, and will under no circumstance use any macros at all, ever, for any reason. Now, they got you to help them make a Masa, and they want to use SAM in VW, and they refuse to /WAR because its 'too common' and they want to be special and different. Now, with all of these things in mind and you understand how my situation is, understand why I ask something so weird or dumb as to find a great set for TPing and WSing at the same time without any swaps at all while using /DRG or /DRK.

Basically, I made two sets already, one with /DRG which is all my GF will currently use, and one for /DRK which I am going to try and make her use once /DRK has Last Resort giving some Haste.

/DRG
ItemSet 295890

/DRK
ItemSet 296209

Are there any better alternatives to these sets for this kind of thing?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-23 12:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing is Last Resort adjustment is behind the corner, so sam/drk will actually have some kind of sense...if she's ok using Last Resort of course, she may not like the name or something.

That aside, try to *** some sense into her.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-23 12:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI-hipster!?
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-23 12:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Oh trust me, I have tried, after arguing with her about it a few times I have finally given up, worse yet I get to have this same little fun adventure with her SMN gear because she bugs me to no end to help her make a Nirvana... which... yeah, I'm screwed. In either case I'm at least trying to get this job at least somewhat respectable, and I figured that some of the gear from Adoulin is actually somewhat decent for her, like the head. So I didn't know if there are any better alternatives to go with, different setups with higher DPS and such, this is best best I could find, not amazing or anything obviously but hey, only so much you can do without swaps right?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-23 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

She better be hot and/or have an otherwise great personality.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-23 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Something to note is if you get her Valiant/Latitude atmacites you can actually get rid of some haste in vw. Can work with that as well.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-23 13:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocaliztli Boots would probably be best in the /DRK set if you can get her those. Quauhpilli Helm would be best in both sets. Both of these would allow you to move some haste around.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-23 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Something to note is if you get her Valiant/Latitude atmacites you can actually get rid of some haste in vw. Can work with that as well.
I always forget about that haste for some reason, but thats a great point! Could take back out Ace's Mail and Phos to get Kari and Dynamic+1 back in there.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-23 13:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Chocaliztli Boots would probably be best in the /DRK set if you can get her those.
Hmm~ that might be possible, also would be another way to get Ace's out of the DRK set and replace it with Kari again, so it caps haste still, that or I could leave Ace's in and try getting her Phorcys Mitts.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-23 13:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-23 23:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 298147

This is the updated set for /DRK, for VW she can change out the Body for Kari.