Carabosse - Solo THF?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Carabosse - Solo THF?
Carabosse - Solo THF?
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-10 18:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was curious what sorta Atma/Subjob combination I should focus on going after Carabosse.

I can get LS help, but I'd like atleast one go solo. ( and depending on success, maybe many more goes)

I had kinda figure Wind Resist atma, and I'm going to assume that /Dancer would be better than /Ninja so I can stun her spells.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 18:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's possible honestly. You'd need to stun some spells, but you also need to try to stop breezes. You can't stun EVERYTHING and just melee rush her down like you can briar. She builds resi to stun far easier, and her fight is a longer solo due to benediction.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-10 18:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I don't think it's possible honestly. You'd need to stun some spells, but you also need to try to stop breezes. You can't stun EVERYTHING and just melee rush her down like you can briar. She builds resi to stun far easier, and her fight is a longer solo due to benediction.

So guessing Duo with Healer is about the best low man I could hope for?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-10 18:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd want a good MDT set to swap out for her nukes. Aero V will likely still *** blast you for full HP even with the resist atma. You probably could solo, but it would be dicey and would take forever.

If you're determined to solo, BST can do it no problem. It just takes forever as well and people will hate you.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 18:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »

So guessing Duo with Healer is about the best low man I could hope for?

Yeah I think so. Other jobs can solo her, but I just don't think thief can realistically pull it off.
By Fatmike 2013-04-10 19:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently farmed 100 gems. Echoing what others have said. Doable? maybe...practical? hell no. Her MAB is very high also when she shifts into blm and even rdm mode. Those t5 nukes will definitely one shot you or come close to it every time. BST much easier, but slower. Go with the healer low man option.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-10 19:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, as I'm sure this is not the advice you're looking for, but if you are looking for jobs that can easily solo Cara, I would recommend BLU if you have it geared at all. Magic barrier and saline coat brought her tornado II to utterly laughable damage, and her accuracy is horrible, so shadows aren't a huge necessity. It's not a quick fight, but it is incredibly easy, and you can still set TH, so gem drops are fairly stable as well.

All other occasions I've duoed with a healer on THF, so that would be my advice if you're solely looking for THF strategies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fitali
Server: Asura
user: Fitali
By Asura.Fitali 2013-04-10 19:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if RUN can solo it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2013-04-10 19:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do THF/NIN + WHM/RDM; Keep shadows and Baraero up and you'll lessen your chance of being one shotted. Chances are if you let shadows down for a split second she'll just so happen to use Aero/Tornado2 and one shot you. Definitely doable though. That's how I got my 50 gems. Good luck friend!
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-04-10 19:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring remedies/ointment for paralyze. This was a difficult solo for me on nin/dnc, would be much harder on thf/dnc.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fitali
user: Fitali
By Asura.Fitali 2013-04-10 19:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
For their caladbolg

Eggzachery
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-10 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You would want the fight to be as short as possible if going thf/dnc tbh, bring every gold chest temp item imaginable stalwarts/champions fools powder/tonic, lucid wing, dusty wing, daed wing, lucid pot 1/2/3 and stick with apoc/razed/sanguine. Haste samba try to stun tier5 and am2. But with a big enough stockpile of temps and a good ammount of dd output it could be done, especially if you kill it off before bene. Frenzy sallet could be useful here, wouldnt help with petrify though.
By itchi508 2013-04-10 20:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine thf would be hard since like stated above you can't stun all and if you get hit with aga or V spell you most likely will not survive. Nin/dnc is easy solo I never tried thf/dnc I'm sure people have done it but its a risk and challenge even with wind resist atma and MD set. I'd suggest thf/nin with some sort of healer otherwise Bst nin/dnc or dnc/nin solo.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 20:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fitali said: »
I wonder if RUN can solo it.

This was discussed in the run thread, yes run/nin basically can.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 20:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »

You would want the fight to be as short as possible if going thf/dnc tbh, bring every gold chest temp item imaginable stalwarts/champions fools powder/tonic, lucid wing, dusty wing, daed wing, lucid pot 1/2/3 and stick with apoc/razed/sanguine. Haste samba try to stun tier5 and am2. But with a big enough stockpile of temps and a good ammount of dd output it could be done, especially if you kill it off before bene. Frenzy sallet could be useful here, wouldnt help with petrify though.

Make a vid soloing it? I just don't see that happening man, idk.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-10 20:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt say I could do it myself or I would want to do it, just technically it can be done with some luck. There was one time I was impatient and popped with my healer still zoning from Port and I took it below 15% then it did bene around the time my healer got to me and buffed me and that was using hardly any temps. And another time as you may of also experienced a kill where it never uses bene. Combine these two and you could pull it off on thf with few temps I guess. But no ive not actually soloed it or plan to on thf, its best just to find a healer and duo.

Was just giving him obvious pointers is all if he wanted to try still as thf/dnc solo.

Thats a good point on bar spells though, its stupid to say you disagree they are a good idea just because your whm dont know when to cast them at convienient times, also winter breeze >> sallet >> waltz will wake your whm, petrify you cant do much about but you shouldnt be not casting baraero because you're concerned about petrify.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 20:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
its best just to find a healer and duo.

That's kind of exactly my point.
 Asura.Kohanu
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-04-10 21:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
I disagree with bar aero as well. Cara could winter breeze your whm or breakga as you move in to cast

Your WHM could be not-dumb and do it between casts/TP moves, you could even have the THF turn so it's not getting TP so there's no chance of it. The spell's near instant-cast, you're not in range for long. And if you think her Regain* is a problem, WHM needs to learn to cast Dispel.

Throwing +25 MDB to the only element she uses is kind of awesome and makes getting one-shotted virtually impossible with Shell V. Yes, it's annoying to have to recast it because she's going to dispel it (repeatedly) but it's not hard to get in there to cast either.

*Pro tip: Despite what Wiki says, her Summer Breeze gives her Regain even if it gets rid of debuffs, it just doesn't show up in the log.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-04-10 21:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We kited her around the chasm for 20mins one time when a friend who needed the gem's power went out. That's a ton of HP you could regen with MC, so I think it's totally possible but very impractical.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-04-10 21:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

would be far easier on BLU with a lot less odds and ends required.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2013-04-10 22:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
I do THF/NIN + WHM/RDM; Keep shadows and Baraero up and you'll lessen your chance of being one shotted. Chances are if you let shadows down for a split second she'll just so happen to use Aero/Tornado2 and one shot you.

she can oneshot a thief? O.o

duo'd it a dozen times as THF/NIN with WHM/RDM backup and i never got oneshotet O.o
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-04-10 22:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

its possible with a T5 but rare. Very rare.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-04-11 00:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see a run or maybe a dnc pull it off with right atma, of course a pld but the kill speed would want you to commit suicide.

My personal favorite atma for tanking in abyssea vs something that cast spells is atma of the future fabulous. Gives a +50 mag def bonus, normally I take about half the dmg of the people around me from that atma alone. I am sure you can stack more on there but I doubt you will honestly need to.

Run/dnc may lack the cure power but it will be able to remove silence,

run/rdm will lack any form of silena but has faster chance to break petrify with rdm innate ability for resist petrify II, one more level and /rdm would have that resist petrify III

dnc/anything seems like a good option though, /thf for TH, /war for dps, etc... no innate ability for the resist petrify that /rdm would give, unless you go dnc/rdm maybe? no real worry for silena unless you decide /rdm is an option for you, and fan dance could help if you get into a pinch.

Also as far as I have noticed, and I farmed over 250 gems, 100 being for myself 150 being for friends and me tanking all of those. I learned that the lower the HP of Carabosse the more dmg her spells will deal.

On the final note, I may just not have fought her enough to know what I am talking about and there could be better strategies, I can only offer what my thoughts would be on a solo.

If you want the easiest route, get a someone with 2 of the following jobs, and you have 2 of them as well.

Nin
Thf
Whm

nin for red !! to farm ki's
thf to tank and TH cara
and whm, well because that is a given.

The atma of future fabulous really helps when tanking any mage mob.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2013-04-11 01:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
thf/nin using just daggers off the AH and RR visscitude/SD is adequate to solo carabosse though as an example, to anyone thinking "well I don't have missions done for FF I can't solo this."

sorry but I don't personally believe you are soloing carabosse on thf/nin with no cures and only minor mag def bonus and +15 regen, you would have to show your gear sets and a video in order for me to believe that.
I have seen her hit people for 3k+ with aero V and she normally hits you with a silence right before she cast a major spell like that.

Not saying it isn't impossible, I just don't see anything to back that up
[+]
First Page 2