Tomonari
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-04-05 14:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sonoske said: »
Thats assuming both hits on shoha land right?

Yeah, and you can drop Rajas for a 2nd Pyros, or Strigoi without breaking build.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-04-05 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont mind me asking about what mob/NM does that set become uncapped ACC? Assuming 8/8 GK and 12/12 DEX merits.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-04-05 23:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All I'm seeing is blank gear sets ~

Whats the haste while 5 hitting.

Plus I had meant 5 hit and gear haste cap.
 Lakshmi.Rassitier
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rassitier
By Lakshmi.Rassitier 2013-04-05 23:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested the +1 yet?

if not, could someone please explain what I would need to do and what numbers are needed?

I think it is something along the lines of weapons kill with 100 TP naked from behind....but not 100% sure
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-05 23:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
All I'm seeing is blank gear sets ~

Whats the haste while 5 hitting.

Plus I had meant 5 hit and gear haste cap.
26% Haste with easily obtainable gear and 5 Hit.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-04-05 23:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

On the new GK?

Hmmm, well I can't actually see your gear at the minute for some reason So I'll check again later
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-05 23:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

And that's because I deleted the sets because they take space
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-05 23:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 295562

ItemSet 295563

I can't tell you if they're optimal or not, because I really just don't care to find out.
 Lakshmi.Rassitier
By Lakshmi.Rassitier 2013-04-05 23:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i have no idea if anyone can do anything with these numbers or not but...

Tomonari +1
Player WSkill Dmg Abs'd.Dmg Net Dmg WSkill % Hit/Miss WS.Acc % WS.Low/Hi WS.Avg
- Tachi: Gekko 8341 0 8341 88.75 % 10/1 90.91 % 707/948 834.10

111 STR no gear sam/whm

all weapon skills done from behind with 100 or 105 TP on tiny mandragora

If I am doing this horribly wrong let me know and i can redo
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-06 00:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also 50, the 948 looks like a 105 tp
 Lakshmi.Rassitier
By Lakshmi.Rassitier 2013-04-06 00:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It was indeed one that was at 105 TP, Thank you very much
 Bismarck.Mankey
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mankey 2013-04-08 13:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
If HQ is 50tp bonus, it's better than amano 95 and 90 Masamune, def an upgrade for come back/casual sam.

And 96 Smithing so even HQ shouldn't be too expensive once mats get available![/quot[quote='Asura.Ccl' pid=2284434]If HQ is 50tp bonus, it's better than amano 95 and 90 Masamune, def an upgrade for come back/casual sam.

And 96 Smithing so even HQ shouldn't be too expensive once mats get available!
My friend just parsed and with Tomonari I was getting 19-22% on Uptala. With 90 Masamune I was getting 29-31%. Tbh I don't think this beats 90 masamune but maybe amano.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-08 13:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mankey said: »
My friend just parsed and with Tomonari I was getting 19-22% on Uptala. With 90 Masamune I was getting 29-31%. Tbh I don't think this beats 90 masamune but maybe amano.

Not that parsing is relevant for this but did you change your tp set, you need more stp than masamune to keep 5hit with HQ.
 Bismarck.Mankey
By Bismarck.Mankey 2013-04-08 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that parsing is relevant for this but did you change your tp set, you need more stp than masamune to keep 5hit with HQ.
If parsing isn't relevant then how will you see which one is better? I don't get it. And 5hit doesn't matter in VW as everyone has monarch's and/or regain atmacites. I mostly use fudo when attack is capped (chaos RCB Zerk should csp it easily on uptala) as fudo is much more consistent than shoha at that point.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-04-08 13:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If parsing isn't relevant then how will you see which one is better? I don't get it. And 5hit doesn't matter in VW as everyone has monarch's and/or regain atmacites. I mostly use fudo when attack is capped (chaos RCB Zerk should csp it easily on uptala) as fudo is much more consistent than shoha at that point.
Math and low level monster testing.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-08 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This testing method leaves a lot of room for error.

Assuming attack capped due to Gekko's 2x multiplier:
Max pDIF = 2.75625
Min pDIF = 1.84668

Assuming totally constant TP with Kiku (102): 626/869 = 315~339 fTP*D
Assuming totally constant TP with Tomo (100): 687/979 = 355~372 fTP*D

Kiku : D111, STR+5
Tomo : D118, STR+6

He never said his STR when doing Gekko, so we have to regress it from the Kiku data. I get 201~217 base damage (111 from Kiku, so 90~106 from STR/fSTR). This is pretty reasonable.

Now assuming Tomo's 1 extra STR gives 1 extra base damage (pretty reasonable considering Gekko's 75% STR mod and fSTR):
118+91 = 209
118+107 = 225

This gives an estimated fTP of 1.5777~1.78, which would correspond to a TP bonus of 4 to 73.

The real answer is that you need to use a different test method if you actually want to figure this out. Get exactly 100 TP with a bow and arrow and use SA + Tachi: Goten with a lot of STR gear in low level zones. This is a much higher resolution method, because Tachi: Goten's fTP increases by 50% between 100 and 200 TP.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-09 07:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit Build still matters even in vw, It's just easier to get, if you want to compare damage, use motenten spreadsheet they are awesome, and how much did you pay for HQ ?
 Siren.Dantalian
Server: Siren
user: Dakren
By Siren.Dantalian 2013-04-10 19:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can retry with Goten in the next few nights - picked Gekko because I went through most GKT WSs and thought Gekko had the biggest variation between 100-200%, although a lot of WSs have none at all. :/ I missed Goten, I suppose... will stack up STR, avoid DA, and bow+arrow a ton of lowbie hornets in the next day. =)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-11 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dantalian said: »
I can retry with Goten in the next few nights - picked Gekko because I went through most GKT WSs and thought Gekko had the biggest variation between 100-200%, although a lot of WSs have none at all. :/ I missed Goten, I suppose... will stack up STR, avoid DA, and bow+arrow a ton of lowbie hornets in the next day. =)

Okay, thanks!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-11 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

when you want to see what a single item does you want to isolate any effect to only be from that single item.

parsing a in voidwatch gives you tons of outside random factors like...
did you get a booststr form the whm
did you play you temp items better/worse
did the cor give better/worse rolls,
did you have to proc more/less
you end up with testing where the effect from changing the gk is very minimal and it drowns in all the random factors.

kinda like if you let people drink a glass of water and then see how many has cancer 10years later.
and estimate that a single glass of water gives ppl X% higher risc of cancer after 10 years than the groups that got a glass of juice instead.

no caring for the fact that the glass of water group was all smokers, eating unhealthy, worked with radiation 16 hours a day
and the juice groups was non smoker healthy and worked office jobs.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-04-11 12:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit Build still matters even in vw, It's just easier to get, if you want to compare damage, use motenten spreadsheet they are awesome, and how much did you pay for HQ ?

Parsing a ws with a whm only curing you, gives you a definitive answer as the buffs are static. You can accurately measure STR attack, haste etc~

Parsing in any event where your buffs are not 100% consistent will give you misc results. Using the theory that parsing means nothing, how did we come to the conclusion Masamune was better than other GK's before Aldoulin? Eye Balling? No it was parsed in a static evironment. Otheriwse I'll go get my level 1 GK and spam Shoha and just say "parsing means nothing" Numbers dont lie, when you control the variables.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-11 12:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Parsing is used to compare player and find mod/ftp and such on ws; Math/speadsheet show wich wpn are better.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-11 13:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Parsing a ws with a whm only curing you, gives you a definitive answer as the buffs are static. You can accurately measure STR attack, haste etc~

Parsing in any event where your buffs are not 100% consistent will give you misc results. Using the theory that parsing means nothing, how did we come to the conclusion Masamune was better than other GK's before Aldoulin? Eye Balling? No it was parsed in a static evironment. Otheriwse I'll go get my level 1 GK and spam Shoha and just say "parsing means nothing" Numbers dont lie, when you control the variables.

Some data used to figure out which was better probably came from parsing (weaponskill ftp, how the game in general works), but as far as finding out which was actually better was simply math.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-11 13:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course parsing can be used to discover things about the system but you have to be incredibly careful on your control and have very large sample sizes to ensure it isn't just a spike on one of these random things procing.

But, once you know the system though, the spreadsheets work better as it accounts for, estimates or removes the randomness of certain stats like pdif, crit rate, multi attack rate, overtping, user error, macros not firing, gear not swapping properly ect.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-04-17 00:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So just to make sure, where does this fall in the line of GKs going from TP bonus trial to Empy/Relic 95 and by how much of a difference? Wondering how much it would actually be worth before I choose to pick it up or not.