Tenkomaru
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-01-28 19:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how often the OaT will proc on this, and if it can proc on WS's, if so i see some potential in this weapon!
By Avitori 2013-01-28 20:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just no.

OaT is not like Double Attack, it cannot proc on weaponskills.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-01-28 20:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
No, just no.

i must be wrong then i could have sworn reading something about OaT being able to hti on a ws, but if im wrong im wrong
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2013-01-28 20:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just no.

If I remember right that's not the case on mythics, and being this is a new series of weapons, I don't see why it's not possible. DA also doesn't proc on OAT, but it does on sea weapons. I think it's unlikely to occur, but I see no reason to instantly shoot it down.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-28 20:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The main purpose of this Great Katana is for .dat swapping for dat aura.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-01-28 20:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
No, just no.

If I remember right that's not the case on mythics, and being this is a new series of weapons, I don't see why it's not possible. DA also doesn't proc on OAT, but it does on sea weapons. I think it's unlikely to occur, but I see no reason to instantly shoot it down.

see you are on the same page i was with this, but you never know we could both be very wrong or possibly right
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-28 20:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just no.

It is true for mythics. Mythic AM can proc on WS (non-ranged), but those are MYTHICS. Not some weapon you get from a relatively easy event. All of the Oa2-4 don't proc on WS, why would this?
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-28 20:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
It is true for mythics. Mythic AM can proc on WS (non-ranged), but those are MYTHICS. Not some weapon you get from a relatively easy event. All of the Oa2-4 don't proc on WS, why would this?

This.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-28 20:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As it's been mentioned, special types of OAX can proc on Weaponskills in a special way. Given that this requires a condition in order to work and it's on a "special" weapon, I wouldn't be surprised if it could work on weaponskills similar to mythic OA2-3, but it's far more likely that it will not.

As an aside, it may also function like Virtue weapons.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-28 20:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Anyone have the locations?
 Cerberus.Frotaut
Server: Cerberus
user: Frotaut2
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-01-28 20:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

^
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-28 21:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
As it's been mentioned, special types of OAX can proc on Weaponskills in a special way. Given that this requires a condition in order to work and it's on a "special" weapon, I wouldn't be surprised if it could work on weaponskills similar to mythic OA2-3, but it's far more likely that it will not.

As an aside, it may also function like Virtue weapons.

Just out of curiosity Pro, since I know you know your ***, but what special OaT's do proc on WS other than mythic AM?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-28 21:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just mythics so far
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-28 21:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just mythics so far

I thought so, but since you said something, I suddenly wasn't sure lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-28 21:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason I would suspect this thing to work differently from normal OAT at all is because of how nonstandard the conditions are for it to work really. Hot worth getting hopes up at all, but the possibility exists albeit remotely.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-28 21:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason I would suspect this thing to work differently from normal OAT at all is because of how nonstandard the conditions are for it to work really. Hot worth getting hopes up at all, but the possibility exists albeit remotely.

I'm expecting the OAT to varry based on how many overwhelm merits you have.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-01-29 14:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just no. OaT is not like Double Attack, it cannot proc on weaponskills.

Why, after spending as much time playing this game as you have, would you assume any sort of consistency, logical or otherwise, in the particulars of how mechanics like these actually work?

We will not know until somebody tests it. I personally don't think it will work on WSes, but it's not unreasonable to hope otherwise.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-29 14:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Because things are pretty consistent? EVERY other OaT other than mythic don't proc on WS, so it's a pretty fair assumption this won't? Look at all of the OaT weapons we've had (and the conditional ones at that like Virtue weapons), and the fact that none of them work on WS, should tell you something. I could be wrong, I really might. I still don't think this would even make this GK viable anyways. Shoha's WS set has multi attack in it anyways, and you're not rockin Y/G/K anymore anyways. It's fudo/kaiten or Shoha (with the rare ageha for chance at def-). So I don't see the point in this thing anyways.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-29 14:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because things are pretty consistent? EVERY other OaT other than mythic don't proc on WS, so it's a pretty fair assumption this won't? Look at all of the OaT weapons we've had (and the conditional ones at that like Virtue weapons), and the fact that none of them work on WS, should tell you something. I could be wrong, I really might. I still don't think this would even make this GK viable anyways. Shoha's WS set has multi attack in it anyways, and you're not rockin Y/G/K anymore anyways. It's fudo/kaiten or Shoha (with the rare ageha for chance at def-). So I don't see the point in this thing anyways.

speak for yourself!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-29 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

speak for yourself!

Better base damage than my hagun!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-01-29 14:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah...99 amano is really good...my kaiten numbers are wayyy more consistent then shoha...did a 5k the other day in ein with no buffs just food
[+]
By Kraunik 2013-01-29 15:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

ROM/288/11.DAT
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-01-29 15:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Nah...99 amano is really good...my kaiten numbers are wayyy more consistent then shoha...did a 5k the other day in ein with no buffs just food
I'm not trying to argue with you, since I don't care about what WS you get good numbers with. I'd just like to point out that consistent does not mean better (again I'm not saying you don't understand the difference). I just see people use the word by itself, and it just irks me.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-29 15:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

This ^

Kaiten/Fudo pretty much ***on Shoha with capped att. Shoha will get the Epeen 8hit WS but Kaiten/Fudo spam is pretty ridic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-29 15:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraunik said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

ROM/288/11.DAT
Well ***, when you have Amano, Masamune or even Kogara, it's tough to pick one to dat swap :(

Thanks for the path.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-29 15:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just swapped them all. *** everything except Tenkomaru
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-01-29 15:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a 6k kaiten this one time. No buffs. Just food. It's sooooooooo consistant.

Seriously though, not by any means arguing that Kaiten/Fudo aren't better when capped on attack...just...lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-29 15:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoha doesn't miss 50% of the time though.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-29 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the .dat for Amano? I really want to swap them now!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-01-29 15:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to put the aura on Amano.
[+]
First Page 2 3