Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » STP
STP
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-11-30 15:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

one in LS made a ochain 90 and had PLD at lv 1 i think when he was done with the soul trial lol
By Aeyela 2012-11-30 15:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Delos said: »
So just got my Masamune last night. Was messing around with STP to figure out my best 5 hit for the gear i have right now (missing a few pieces)

In this set I am noticing some hits I get 20tp and sometimes i get 21 tp (Confirmed it wasnt me getting hit by mob and giving extra tp due to /nin)

Has anyone noticed this? Or am i missing something all together?

You're probably over the amount you need to get 5 hit. You might be able to drop some. When you +2 your body, you'll be @10 from that, rather than +7. Assuming you're still over the amount required (I'm not sure of that amount) you could swap your Pole Grip back in and drop the Rose Strap. If you're sometimes getting 21 from a hit it's safe to assume dropping one STP won't drop you below 20 a hit.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-30 15:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to factor in the ws for the 5 hit. I wouldn't recommend just hitting 20. I'm too lazy to do it now but I'm guessing you're not getting a 20+ tp return on whatever it is you feel like using.
By Aeyela 2012-11-30 15:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
You have to factor in the ws for the 5 hit. I wouldn't recommend just hitting 20. I'm too lazy to do it now but I'm guessing you're not getting a 20+ tp return on whatever it is you feel like using.

I'll admit I don't know an awful lot about Store TP but one thing I do know is it isn't 1 TP per store TP. If he's sometimes getting 21 TP a hit dropping 1 STP won't remove a whole TP a hit... So he's not going to drop below 20 at any point. Right? Unless he meant he sometimes gets 21 TP after weapon skill, but he didn't specifically say that.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-11-30 15:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Delos said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
It's easy to farm 9 ardor jewels solo on puppetmaster. Just sayin'.

Yea no. I don't have lolpup lvled. I have kannagi but I am working on 90 it first. And I'm not greedy (which some people have forgotten) and other ls members needed the jewels first. The body is the only thing I'm missing to +2.

I was addressing that at Austar, not you. But if you had any decent solo job leveled you could do IC/Fuath/Hedjedjet and get your +2 body done in a few hours. In this instance, PUP LOL's at YOU.
By Aeyela 2012-11-30 15:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The Ironclad in Misareaux drops Ardor Jewels at quite a nice drop rate.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-30 15:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer Obtained. /Thread.