PUP - The Cost.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP - The cost.
PUP - The cost.
 Odin.Drgg
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-07-27 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm having the urge to level PUP again... I was just wondering what the cost is of most of the attachments, I remember them being insanely expensive for the staples like O. Fiber and whatnot.

Would anyone have any idea how much it would cost me to buy all of the needed attachments for my PUP again?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-07-27 11:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1) ffxiah.com

2) Type item name in "Item Search" bar.

3) ???

4) Lose money buying all the attachments.

But seriously, most of them you can either A) but from an NPC, or B) solo a ZNM/BCNM for it. So would only have to buy Optic Fiber, Turbo Booster, Economizer etc. off the AH at a high price.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-07-27 11:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you technically dont HAVE to buy any attachments from the AH. Can get them all from NPC|BCNM|ZNM|and ISNM/targeting the captain(if you have it open)

but if you do go th "buy ALL the things" route, it will be expensive.
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-07-27 12:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If your question is: "will I be gimp if I don't buy all the attachments ?" the answer is "no-one will ever know, much less care".

Just make sure you don't buy blindly off the AH.

You can solo Ob for some of the more essential expensive ones. The ones from Targeting the Captain you can live without until you save up.

Having said that O Fiber is two runs in Dynamis.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-08-09 06:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
1) ffxiah.com

2) Type item name in "Item Search" bar.

3) ???

4) Lose money buying all the attachments.

But seriously, most of them you can either A) but from an NPC, or B) solo a ZNM/BCNM for it. So would only have to buy Optic Fiber, Turbo Booster, Economizer etc. off the AH at a high price.

Cerberus.Kuching
Server: Cerberus
user: Kuching
By Cerberus.Kuching 2012-08-09 06:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Copied from a guide I wrote:

"These can be obtained in many different ways. From NPC vendors, dropped off trolls, crafted with Goldsmithing and Alchemy, dropped off the ZNM Ob, ISNMs, ENMs, Chocobo digging, Ground of Valor chests or in exchange for Imperial standing. All attachments can be bought and sold through the Auction House or Bazaars. Most attachments should be bought from NPCs or from the AH. If you have time, you can try the Hilltroll Puppetmasters and Ob for a few uncommon ones. The expensive/best ones should be farmed from the battlefield they come from if you really truely cannot afford the AH price.
You should try and obtain all of the attachments anyway, but some are less useful then others."
 Asura.Julto
Server: Asura
user: Julto
By Asura.Julto 2012-08-09 07:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember back when the expansion just came out for ToAU and I started leveling PUP right away. It was expensive back then to get the attachments that came from Targeting the Captain and the other BCNMs, Optic Fiber being about 2million gil while it was around the time that SE was removing large amounts of gil from the game by banning players.

Anyway, my method was to find a server that had the attachments in supply and for a lower cost than my own server, then send a character there to get them.

Only problem was the 90 day wait before I could send the character back and use them.

I could have easily made about 6million gil selling them on my server when I got them back, but I used them instead and have a sense of accomplishment knowing my PUP is at it's best.

don't know if this will work for you, but hey... did for me
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2012-08-09 07:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can level without them, but if you wanna be any good on it. the high tiers are expensive for a reason, because having them helps the job a lot. whats 2mil anyway these days 2day-week solo in dyna depending how good you are at your other jobs all it take to farm the cash, if you don't wanna do one of the other means to get them.