Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » BLM Pup
BLM Pup
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-06-27 19:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

I just started pup, and had some attachment questions. I looked thru many threads trying to find any answers but was unable to.

So, I am going to first focus on the BLM pup (Spiritreaver) And I just wanted to get advice on attachments I should use. What things is a must, and some suggestions to fill empty spots. And also, can you mulitpul tiers of the same attachment? (IE: Loudspeaker I/II)

THanks for help guys
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-27 20:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One

Two

Skilling trick discussion
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-27 20:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Research all the attachments from the link that lil posted and gear your automaton like you would your own job.

Don't buy a scanner though because its glitched. Really you should try to buy all the attachments if you can.. leveling just a mage puppet will get boring and the ranged one is really kick ***.

Different tier'd attachments will stack but you only need one of each. Your automaton has an elemental value and once you max out on that element you can't equip anymore attachments of that element.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-27 20:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh! And before I forget, in case you were wondering why attachments stack to 12, there is a quest involved with that.

If you get a stack of 12 of the same attachment you can turn them in to Ghatsad and you will get a random chance to have them turn into a key item that will automatically equip to your Automaton so that you no longer have to use a slot for it and it will always have the effect of 3 maneuvers active. If you get unlucky though you will lose all the attachments in the stack so make sure you trade them on the same weather day as the element you are trading for a higher success rate!
[+]
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-06-27 20:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot for the info guys, looking into all of it now!!
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-06-27 21:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Oh! And before I forget, in case you were wondering why attachments stack to 12, there is a quest involved with that.

If you get a stack of 12 of the same attachment you can turn them in to Ghatsad and you will get a random chance to have them turn into a key item that will automatically equip to your Automaton so that you no longer have to use a slot for it and it will always have the effect of 3 maneuvers active. If you get unlucky though you will lose all the attachments in the stack so make sure you trade them on the same weather day as the element you are trading for a higher success rate!

Tryin to find that quest with no luck, any idea on quest name?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-06-27 21:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He's trying to troll, don't listen to him. >.>; At least not about that part. Everything else is peachy.
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2012-06-27 21:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been a pup for 4 years and i never heard of such quest! :O I thought it was just the result of crafting them, I didnt realize 12 were good for something. Whats the name of the quest? I cant find any info about it on wiki. or a hidden quest?
By dumbwhiteboy 2012-06-28 04:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, i had another question, what are best atmas to use for stright BLM pup?

Im melee player by nature so not sure what ones shld be used for magic

Thanks again guys!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-28 04:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
Oh! And before I forget, in case you were wondering why attachments stack to 12, there is a quest involved with that. If you get a stack of 12 of the same attachment you can turn them in to Ghatsad and you will get a random chance to have them turn into a key item that will automatically equip to your Automaton so that you no longer have to use a slot for it and it will always have the effect of 3 maneuvers active. If you get unlucky though you will lose all the attachments in the stack so make sure you trade them on the same weather day as the element you are trading for a higher success rate!
I have been a pup for 4 years and i never heard of such quest! :O I thought it was just the result of crafting them, I didnt realize 12 were good for something. Whats the name of the quest? I cant find any info about it on wiki. or a hidden quest?

Honestly sounds like a troll-attempt due to the weather\day thing :p
But I don't know anything about PUP sooo
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-06-28 12:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

dumbwhiteboy said: »
Hey guys, i had another question, what are best atmas to use for stright BLM pup?

Im melee player by nature so not sure what ones shld be used for magic

Thanks again guys!

Atma of the Ultimate
Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity
Atma of the ???

That last one I use to do beyond for the mab+/ice dmg+ effects, but the Automaton will use the highest tier nuke that is ready to be casted (which is normally Thunder V) OR the highest tier spell the AI believes will be most effective/unlikely to be resisted. So you could stick to Beyond, or change it to an atma that gives more MAB (Hell's Guardian I believe) or one that would increase the damage of the element that is most effective against the monster you're fighting.
[+]