Amano Or Masa?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Amano or masa?
Amano or masa?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-02 09:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hassozanshin was released at 90 cap.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-02 09:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
If anything its delay is LESS of a factor now than it ever was, especially at 90 cap...
-Detrimental at 75 cap, 80 cap, and 85 cap, shouldn't have to explain any of these.

-Debateable at 90 cap. -Obviously detrimental now at 99.

Koga was at one of its lowest points in the entire game due to 1) Abyssea 2) Hassozanshin 3) no Shoha or OA2-3 aftermath.

even at 95 cap there was no way to cap haste 5 hit Masamune or Amano without gimping your WS set, and there was no Shoha or HassoZanshin until 99 cap. I'll concede you have a better understanding of the game math than me, but I you're not supporting your claims in any way.

You had to barely gimp your WS set. Rajas+AF3+2 legs. Very slim loss in WS damage to keep a 5hit.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-02 09:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped haste? You're not counting the hasso enhancement as gear haste or a regain moonshade i hope.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-02 10:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped haste? You're not counting the hasso enhancement as gear haste or a regain moonshade i hope.

Masa/Rose//Hag
Zelus/Unkai/Unkai/brutal
Unkai/dusk+1/raja/tyrant
misuu/bullwhip/unkai/usukane

Masa/rose//thew
Mekira/just/moon/brutal
ace's/heafoc/raja/pyrosoul
atheling/beir+1/unkai/unkai
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-02 10:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Masa/Rose//Hag
Zelus/Unkai/Unkai/brutal
Unkai/dusk+1/raja/tyrant

Masa/rose//thew
Mekira/just/moon/brutal

8+4+7+4+2=25% not capped, decent set but not capped unless you have exact haste. Values on all that.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-02 10:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Masa/Rose//Hag
Zelus/Unkai/Unkai/brutal
Unkai/dusk+1/raja/tyrant

Masa/rose//thew
Mekira/just/moon/brutal

8+4+7+4+2=25% not capped, decent set but not capped unless you have exact haste. Values on all that.

Dude stopping trolling.

95cap is long gone, and that was by far the best TP/WS sets of its time. Missing .1%-.2% haste during a 5hit is negligible at best, esp with a 437 delay weapon. Amano users also swapped in Ace's feet and atheling during AM up.

You were wrong, now lets take the Delorean back the present.
[+]
By Demule 2012-10-02 11:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Can actually use usu feet, p.brynie and ogier's hands and get 5 hit with capped haste.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-02 11:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Demule said: »
Can actually use usu feet, p.brynie and ogier's hands and get 5 hit with capped haste.

Troll attempt?

I surely hope so lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-02 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-02 11:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

also

neo-salv usu-suneate:

[Feet] All Races
DEF:22 Accuracy+14 Attack+14 "Store TP" +10 Haste+5% Enmity+5 Set: Enhances Haste effect
LV 99 MNK SAM NIN PUP

ty se
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-02 12:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Masa/Rose//Hag
Zelus/Unkai/Unkai/brutal
Unkai/dusk+1/raja/tyrant

Masa/rose//thew
Mekira/just/moon/brutal

Dude stopping trolling.

95cap is long gone, and that was by far the best TP/WS sets of its time. Missing .1%-.2% haste during a 5hit is negligible at best, esp with a 437 delay weapon. Amano users also swapped in Ace's feet and atheling during AM up.

You were wrong, now lets take the Delorean back the present.

Not trolling and you failed to produce the capped haste set. Again i wasn't picking a fight or trolling, just supporting my previous statement which was, in fact, not wrong.

Also... are those stats on 99 usu feet a guess or from dat mining?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-10-02 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Those stats, are my prayers.

forgot to bolster the DEF, ***.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-10-02 12:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

totally worth giving up 10% zanshin on the body
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-02 12:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not trolling and you failed to produce the capped haste set. Again i wasn't picking a fight or trolling, just supporting my previous statement which was, in fact, not wrong.

even at 95 cap there was no way to cap haste 5 hit Masamune or Amano without gimping your WS set, and there was no Shoha or HassoZanshin until 99 cap. I'll concede you have a better understanding of the game math than me, but I you're not supporting your claims in any way.

Actually I did provide a 26% Amano set and a 25% Masa set and neither needed a gimp WS set.

Nightfyre was correct.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-02 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

An aftermath set was originally mentioned by me, and regardless of how much different, since we all like to consider 1% dmg or haste significant, the sets you posted are in fact neither capped haste or not gimped ws set. The fact remains, prior to phos+1 and phorcys salade, sam could not cap haste 5hit without making concessions to their ws set. The higher delay on koga helps. Its that math thing you guys preach about when it supports your point of view.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
Server: Bismarck
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2012-10-02 13:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

An aftermath set was originally mentioned by me, and regardless of how much different, since we all like to consider 1% dmg or haste significant, the sets you posted are in fact neither capped haste or not gimped ws set. The fact remains, prior to phos+1 and phorcys salade, sam could not cap haste 5hit without making concessions to their ws set. The higher delay on koga helps. Its that math thing you guys preach about when it supports your point of view.

It would have been a non-issue if you have capped magical haste and had Hasso up due to enhance "Hasso" effect on Unkai Haidate +2. In other words, you would have been able to and are still able to hit the delay reduction cap without capped gear haste.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-10-02 13:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Amano is so ugly, Masamune is the coolest because its Sephiroths sword.
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-10-02 13:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Amano is so ugly, Masamune is the coolest because its Sephiroths sword.
wut?

edit: nvm
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-02 14:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagthothe said: »

It would have been a non-issue if you have capped magical haste and had Hasso up due to enhance "Hasso" effect on Unkai Haidate +2. In other words, you would have been able to and are still able to hit the delay reduction cap without capped gear haste.

Very true, but i generally don't bring a brd and sch o everything i do, capping gear haste is still relevant most of the time.
By Demule 2012-10-02 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

totally worth giving up 10% zanshin on the body

only need 1 triple attack proc to ws. if acc is not needed then it works out.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-02 14:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind if you have ishikoten (sp) merits like you should, +2 body offers 2.5% da that are worth nearly the same tp as a triple attack. Plus the added att and acc on +2 body make it hard to replace with any of the haste bodies currently available. You could make it workable, but its hardly optimal.