Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppetmaster Merits
Puppetmaster Merits
First Page 2
By fillerbunny9 2012-05-10 00:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed this evening that while Otto is still gaining Magic Skill Ups, Automaton Magic Skill seems to hard cap at 444 skill. (Otto should be at 447 and rising at the moment.) so I am left positing a question to my Puppetmaster brethren, are all skills for the Automaton hard capped in this manner? as skills continue to approach cap, am I better off redoing my Tier 1 merits, or is this a known issue that SE is going to address?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I noticed this evening that while Otto is still gaining Magic Skill Ups, Automaton Magic Skill seems to hard cap at 444 skill. (Otto should be at 447 and rising at the moment.) so I am left positing a question to my Puppetmaster brethren, are all skills for the Automaton hard capped in this manner? as skills continue to approach cap, am I better off redoing my Tier 1 merits, or is this a known issue that SE is going to address?
I'm still not caped magic. It takes awhile lol. Just go put on some regen and refresh atmas and sick you rdm frame at a worm in abyssea for a few hours. ANd are you using the percolator? That attachment is amazing for skillups.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Should do 5/5 Melee 5/5 Ranged whether it's hard capped or not.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 01:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

no rngd merit!... 5/5 melee and 5/5 magic ALWAYS!
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said: »
Rng frame kicks ***.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you merit magic?
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 01:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
why would you merit rngd?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

why would you merit rngd?
Because it's your best damage dealing frame, and you don't get new spells like you used to at 75 cap, so wasting crap on magic is pointless.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The black mage is too reliant on deactivate activate to double nuke. As for rng, well rng just keeps going. And can do some nice self sc with your pet.
By fillerbunny9 2012-05-10 01:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to have been misunderstood. if Otto's Magic skill before merits is 429, after gear and merits, it should be 449. (10 Skill from Cirque Pantoloni +2, and 10 from 5/5 Magic skill merits.) however, in the Equipment menu for the Automaton, it states that his skill is 444/444. is this "working as intended" or is there some sort of fix on the way? do Cirque Pantoloni +2 really render Cat. 1 merits moot at capped skill levels?
By fillerbunny9 2012-05-10 01:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am indeed using percolator, even without water maneuvers, the punch it has given my skill up rates has been noticeable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 01:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng frame, though it is a very good for dmg, its not the best...

Ok so melee merits for one, you put into them because simply every frame can melee... secondly... there are 3 mage frames... not counting harly... so putting merits into magic makes sense...

I can see your point.. but only if you are using rng frame more than 50% of the time... if you arent, its not worth it
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How long have you tried to skillup? ANd if you think that's the case, just drop off the merits and the legs for skilling up.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason people ever meritted magic before was to learn blizzard 4. There is no reason to put merits into magic anymore.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 01:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason people ever meritted magic before was to learn blizzard 4. There is no reason to put merits into magic anymore.
who's to say though that they wont ever add a higher tier spell... VI

they did it for cure..
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

444 is cap. A+ is 424 skill, +10 from merits, and +10 from pants. Nothing is wrong, and you should merit ranged skill anyways.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so melee merits for one, you put into them because simply every frame can melee... secondly... there are 3 mage frames... not counting harly... so putting merits into magic makes sense...

I can see your point.. but only if you are using rng frame more than 50% of the time... if you arent, its not worth it
Austars point is that you don't really gain anything for meriting magic. Unless you want your pet to nuke for like 20-30 more damage, there is no point. As for ranged 5/5, attack does alot for your pet.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

who's to say though that they wont ever add a higher tier spell... VI

they did it for cure..
Then you can change your merits later.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 01:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i do agree with you to some point... but only if you are using rng frame more than you are using whm or blm frames
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »

Austars point is that you don't really gain anything for meriting magic. Unless you want your pet to nuke for like 20-30 more damage, there is no point. As for ranged 5/5, attack does alot for your pet.
More magic skill doesn't even increase the damage anyways. It's just to increase accuracy and learn more spells. There is no point to it anymore.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

More magic skill doesn't even increase the damage anyways. It's just to increase accuracy and learn more spells. There is no point to it anymore.
Basically. I meant againt higher tier stuff when MACC actually matters >.<
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 01:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Which you'd be using ranger frame on anyways.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-10 01:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Which you'd be using ranger frame on anyways.
Lol good point.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 01:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i completely agree it does add extra dmg... for rng, though it does then add extra dmg for nukes as well... i personally am not going to go back and forth deleting merits and then re-adding them if they do in fact add higher tier spells..... if they dont, i probably would add into rng merits... but at this point, with all adjustments that they are doing, im simply going to wait...
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 02:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

More magic skill does not increase your magic damage.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 02:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i meant acc..
 Remora.Morphius
Server: Remora
user: Morphius
By Remora.Morphius 2012-05-10 02:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i completely agree it does add extra dmg... for rng, though it does then add extra dmg for nukes as well... i personally am not going to go back and forth deleting merits and then re-adding them if they do in fact add higher tier spells..... if they dont, i probably would add into rng merits... but at this point, with all adjustments that they are doing, im simply going to wait...
By fillerbunny9 2012-05-10 02:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I opted for 5/5 Ranged and 5/5 Magic for my Cat 1, but this was in the dark ages of the 75 cap. as Magic continues to approach cap, I guess I will drop magic in favor of melee, and as those approach cap, well.... who knows.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-10 02:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

this has gone far beyond the OP's original question... so i wish you all good luck and good night
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-10 02:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I opted for 5/5 Ranged and 5/5 Magic for my Cat 1, but this was in the dark ages of the 75 cap. as Magic continues to approach cap, I guess I will drop magic in favor of melee, and as those approach cap, well.... who knows.

You're already at cap for magic.

444 is cap. A+ is 424 skill, +10 from merits, and +10 from pants. Nothing is wrong, and you should merit ranged skill anyways.
First Page 2