Viable 5 Hit?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Viable 5 hit?
Viable 5 hit?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a viable 5 hit to compliment my shiny OA2 Chauve
Thought?
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-05-01 11:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Needing 45 store tp by my calculations, assuming /sam:

Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 11:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using FFXI Calc. I wont be getting Phorcys anytime soon :(
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-05-01 11:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is OAT the way to go now for someone not building an empyrean/mythic/relic? I'm still using empousa pole since I got lazy with fire str path and geode price don't motivate me much either... Also I need to figure out how to nake x hit build in my head without ffxicalc what's equation? Or the new top gear for a 492. Phocys is not an issue in my case our group has done 1 100 win and timed out 2 times :( but we can manage eventually
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-05-01 11:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Calculating Store TP

Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-05-01 12:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Stardiver as weaponskill and /sam:

TP: Rose Grip, Brutal, AF3+2 body, Rajas, Tyrant, Goading
WS: Rose Grip, Brutal, AF3+2 body, Rajas

is about the optimal amount of Store TP. You can get tiny improvements by adding more Store TP above that (eg: Phorcys pants), but most of the value will be from whatever other stats are on the gear.

So for your purposes, Hagneia Stone does almost nothing; it's essentially identical to a Thew Bomblet, and against difficult stuff you'd be better off with Potestas. By itself it's not sufficient to allow swapping Rose to Pole/Duplus.

Rheic +3 pants would be enough to swap out Rose to Pole/Duplus and gain a bit. Rheic+2 and Hagneia would be sufficient as well, though the gain would be pretty small.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 12:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have acsess to rose yet, would a tactical mantle/pole grip help me much? or keep haneia switch pole for rose and hope on stardiver hits?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-01 12:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Your TP set for a 5hit is dependent on your WS set remember.

This is my current TP and WS set, still haven't got any Nyzul v2 gear yet though ; ;. This allows for a perfect 5hit assuming the first hit and a second one land. Not perfect by far, but still. Phorcys will allow me to remake my TP and WS sets completely, but still.

TP
WS
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-01 12:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Only need 13STP to get a 20TP return from 3hits during weaponskill, most of that stuff isn't necessary.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 13:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would there be any relevant differance (beides crit/accuracy) on Drakes and Stardiver?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-01 13:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Drakes needs a lot of attack, so it shouldn't be used otherwise unless that has been overcome.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 13:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Awwwww But Drakes looks cool. So Basically a Drg has to 5/5 Stardiver now? (Unless in abyysea of course)
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-05-01 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, doing some more tweaking, Pole/Hagneia may be sufficient for your purposes. Would suggest changing Ace's to Calmecac, though.

And no, no real gearing difference between Drakes and Stardiver. (and yes, Drakes should be Abyssea-only unless you have Ryunohige or certain specific buffs such as Champion's Drink)
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish i had Ryou ^ ^
I actually use Bestia breeches, not aces (but i coulndt show the haste value and thought maybe people wouldnt realise) Calmecac would drop haste to 25, would the dbl/trip attack increase DOT a sufficient amount for that haste to be irrelevant?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-05-01 15:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it would, remember haste actually caps at 25% but because of the binary calculations that the game uses to calculate certain aspects, 25% often can in actuality amount to 24.3%-24.7% depending on which pieces are used and how many there are etc.

In general in lower haste levels 1 DA or 1 TA would be a pretty close draw against 1 haste, but 2-3% increase in each is no contest. If the 1% haste is actually closer to .5% as it is in the 25-26% increase, the DA or TA bonuses are miles ahead.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated, better?`
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-05-01 15:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That new haste +7 belt, and Phorcy head would be better.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 15:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruled out Phorcys, havent even attempted it yet
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-05-01 18:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so hows this i just got home i was in school earlier and this is what i worked out for my sets with the pole i have

TP

moonshade has regain and att

WS

heca feet will be augmented for max STR

this will be fore stardiver and switch rancor in and anguinus for drakes
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-01 18:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing that involves a regain earring is a good idea.
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-02 08:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Only need 13STP to get a 20TP return from 3hits during weaponskill, most of that stuff isn't necessary.

I try to assume the least of my WS's, not that I have a problem with accuracy, but still.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-02 08:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
I try to assume the least of my WS's, not that I have a problem with accuracy, but still.

It's good practice for the most part. A 1-hit ws only has 95% chance to land even with overkill accuracy. Each hit after the first also has a 5% chance to miss. Realistically you should be landing all 4 hits on drakes/star around 80% of the time at best.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-02 12:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Siren.Ihm said: »

It's good practice for the most part. A 1-hit ws only has 95% chance to land even with overkill accuracy. Each hit after the first also has a 5% chance to miss. Realistically you should be landing all 4 hits on drakes/star around 80% of the time at best.

Realistically XI hates me and with capped accuracy I still miss 99% of attacks D:.

It's not like changing my Tyrants to a Pyrosoul is gonna make or break my damage really, so if the extra few sTP ensure more consistency on my 5hit then so be it!

That being said, I /WAR 6hit when I do VW.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2012-05-05 02:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you weaponskill in Rajas and Brutal, you'll be able to use just about anything else to weaponskill in and still manage to keep a true five-hit.

Alternately, if you want to use the Empyrean body in place of Porthos (food effects for the wyvern, etc), you can swap the Ogier's to Brego or Dusk +1 to maintain capped haste, and you'll maintain the same amount of +Store TP.

Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-05 10:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »

As long as you weaponskill in Rajas and Brutal, you'll be able to use just about anything else to weaponskill in and still manage to keep a true five-hit.

Alternately, if you want to use the Empyrean body in place of Porthos (food effects for the wyvern, etc), you can swap the Ogier's to Brego or Dusk +1 to maintain capped haste, and you'll maintain the same amount of +Store TP.

Is 2 TA really better than 12STR, 10DEX, 23Acc (Negligable yeah), 1Att?
 Bismarck.Oswin
Server: Bismarck
user: Gatrie
By Bismarck.Oswin 2012-05-15 19:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So was looking at some of these sets with 492 delay lances and trying to find a set that will maximize as much as possible... came up with this for TPing, thought?

You still get to keep you 5 hit and capped haste but you also open up more slots for DDing such as second ring, ammo, and possibility your grip.

For WSing this is what I came up with but there has been a few questions I have about it however. One, for this WS set you wont maintain a true 5hit unless you proc conserve TP on either the earring or the belt, but is that worth relying on? Second, this is more for Stardiver now would it still be better to give up the belt for Drakesbane? but you are losing the Conserve TP and thus possibly losing your hit build.

Either way I'm still confused, if someone can shed some light on this for me ^_^
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 07:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like Store TP much on DRG <_<... it is unreliable most of the times.

Conserve TP proc, Jump. DA/TA/QA on and off jumps. Nice to have it of course, not a priority to me tho.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have but hey, I play DRG/mage most of the times anyway.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-16 07:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't use any x-hit build?
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 07:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas and Brutal? lol.. well, I woulnd't spend money on something like Hagneia stone, at least not 3-4 milion gils. My gearset isn't finished yet.. I'll see what I can change when I get the gear I want(r/e anyway).
 Bahamut.Itze
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-05-16 07:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't gear for anything really. It's sad. All the more reason for keeping the loldrg title.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5