By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-18 10:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

04-18-2012 04:48 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1112] Job Adjustments: Puppetmaster

• Role Reversal

• Recast time reduced from four minutes to two.
    • Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead increase the HP amounts granted.

• Ventriloquy

• Recast time reduced from two minutes to one.
    • Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead decrease the lower of the two enmity amounts switched while increasing the higher one.

Subscribe

Other Job Adjustments:

04-20-2012 04:47 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

At the moment, there are no plans for adding new frames but we do plan on making the various roles that players have requested possible by making attachments more unique through new additions and adjustments.

Keep your eyes out for those updates!
Subscribe
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-04-18 11:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny thing is that I have never had the need to use Role Reversal within 4 minutes. And on top of that, I rarely use oils when I can simply role reversal, DAD and heal myself back.

/sigh....something better would have been appreciated however I am digging the ventriloquy timer and the way it will work now. GJ SE! ^^

Edit: This is implying of course that I use Soulsoother. I could understand it would be better if VE or Sharpshoot would be really worth using for DMG, becuase BLM mode is better imo.
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-04-18 13:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Brilliant little update. More chances to throw caution to the wind or get hate back during those pesky hate resets in Abyssea.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-20 17:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't want to make a new topic soooo posting this here!

[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

At the moment, there are no plans for adding new frames but we do plan on making the various roles that players have requested possible by making attachments more unique through new additions and adjustments.

Subscribe
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-20 17:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is the space available for all these attachments...unless the puppet's capacity is expanded most stuff remains very hard to be worth using.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-23 01:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep
At the moment, there are no plans for adding new frames but we do plan on making the various roles that players have requested possible by making attachments more unique through new additions and adjustments. Keep your eyes out for those updates!
Subscribe
so no ninja frame....but we can possibly get "Utsusemi in a capsule" :< no paladin frame....but we might get "Palisade in a box" :<

thats just the way im taking it.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-04-23 02:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Problem is the space available for all these attachments...unless the puppet's capacity is expanded most stuff remains very hard to be worth using.

I really hope Square realise this, and include an expansion - whether this be through an update to the job, or through a merit like blue mages receive. I'd be thrilled if this was includes in our 99 merits.

As for attachments, well, eh. I'd have to echo your sentiments, some of the already existing attachments should be innate - Shield mastery, counter, double attack to name a few. We have a finite number of slots to work with, and some of those job ability/trait attachments are non-negotiable.

As for creating attachments that are meant to emulate certain jobs I fail to see how that'll improve things. Many people draw analogues to pld and Valor, but without a native mp pool that can't be recreated. Most other slots on the mage jobs are accounted for. Barrage turbine is a great example of an attachment done right, though it does eliminate wind maneuvers, which messes with haste and can cause the wrong ws to go off.

I know that our mage frames got quite the buff recently, and for that I am thankful, but there are some more changes I would like to see implemented. Damage gauge + Optic Fiber I feel is broken, never do I need a cure at 80% hp, often this will create scenarios where my mp will burn at stupidly fast rates. I'd like to see Damage gauge either removed or changed to grant an afflatus: solace type effect and the curing behaviour to be innate to the frame. Furthermore, I would like to see Soulsoother cast cure 4, instead of just 5 and 6. With the changes to cure 4, and vivi-valve + 1 LM it can easily cure for 600, which my dumb little cure-auto often cure 5s me for.

Other adjustments I'd like to see include: More job ability attachments, allow Barrage turbine to consume only 1 Wind maneuvre, innate job traits like counter, double attack etc (That are further enhanced by the use of coiler etc), Auto acc buff. Reworking of harlequin.

Wishful thinking: The relegation of MP to the head slot, Auto-refresh on the red head, Cure potency + on the whm head, MAB on the BLM head, New PLD-Esque head that enables self cures and Auto-buffs. Either make animators do something, allow us to equip ammo with them or remove them entirely. Rng head: Snapshot Valor: already seems to gain more native pdt, but perhaps Attack boost.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-23 02:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Balloon I loved most of what you said, but the bold, I just strongly disagree with. First off, every animator has some dex bonus for the master. Secondly the Animator +1 from Einherjar has hp/mp bonuses to the automaton. What more do you want from an item you NEED anyways in order to do maneuvers with?
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-04-23 02:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Balloon I loved most of what you said, but the bold, I just strongly disagree with. First off, every animator has some dex bonus or the master. Secondly the Animator +1 from Einherjar has hp/mp bonuses to the automaton. What more do you want from an item you NEED anyways in order to do maneuvers with?

I want it to no longer be necessary in order to use maneuvers. Dex+4-6 doesn't really stack up well against other melee options. It's superflous, the job would be no different without an animator. If it is necessary it should provide the auto a more tangible buff more closely matching it's description. DEX+4 does not improve automaton speed, or decision making.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-23 02:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but the hp/mp bonuses are kind of nice.. but ya know, there is a thing called lore. Do you expect to control a robot with your mind? :( I'm sorry if I seem a lil rude mate, but it's kind of relevant.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-04-23 03:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I accept that point, sure, however it doesn't negate the fact that they could allow us to equip ammo on top of an animator. I also think Animator being a lore thing is a tad moot. If the job was released without an animator then there'd be no reason to question it. It's never mentioned explicitly within any lore. I genuinely believe that, like many of the mechanics surrounding pup on release, the idea was ill-conceived and quite possibly unfinished. (Which would explain the incongruencies between the description and reality.)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-23 03:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but the hp/mp bonuses are kind of nice.. but ya know, there is a thing called lore. Do you expect to control a robot with your mind? :( I'm sorry if I seem a lil rude mate, but it's kind of relevant.

Could be voice activated..I mean, how else would beastmasters and summoners control their pets.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-23 03:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

summoning is magic, and beasts have all killer traits (well of the charmable pets). nothing puts a beast in line like fear... Also the jug pets seem like a ritual. You give an offering and the beast comes out. Seems like a dark art ya know?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-23 03:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is lore to the animator in the pup AF quest. The wayward automaton says "when's the last time you picked up the animator?" (like when's the last time you took charge?) or something to that affect if I remember. There is lore there, albeit tiny.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-04-23 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental capacities need to be upgrade. It's frustrating that I have a lot of attachments and I have to be careful which I pick because of the "oh no, not enough light element capacity" crap.....ugh.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-23 11:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just let us throw the damn animator already!! Why do we even have such a high throwing skill?!
 Bahamut.Kyawind
Server: Bahamut
user: kyahaha
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2012-04-23 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

cant agree more with what sehachan there haha~ let us throw the dam thing~
By Erlayn 2012-04-26 12:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

Subscribe

I think they really need to re-think this. They should really add a Thf frame or something else our way. I enjoy using Pup in Dynamis but this no TH is killing me and hurting my Gil Per Hour. I'd be happy with a TH attachment, but bouncing off the walls with a new frame.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-26 12:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought pup/thf with soulsoother doing ws mobs was pretty solid.
By Chyula 2012-04-26 12:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is lore to the animator in the pup AF quest. The wayward automaton says "when's the last time you picked up the animator?" (like when's the last time you took charge?) or something to that affect if I remember. There is lore there, albeit tiny.

What is this? Did you not see RealSteel? Shadow mode go!
By Erlayn 2012-04-26 17:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Never thought of this. Course this means having to lvl Thf up to sub status. I hate playing Thf. The job in FF invaluable but god it kills me to have to play it.
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-05-08 11:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Erlayn said: »
Never thought of this. Course this means having to lvl Thf up to sub status. I hate playing Thf. The job in FF invaluable but god it kills me to have to play it.

PUP/THF will net you around 100 coins. More if you have an above average WS set and can kill fast after procing. If the zone is pretty clear, I suggest to solo on bst. Still think you will get more, i havent tried since the yuly nerf.

However, since a lot of people are solo/duoing dyna now, the zones are a little cramped, especially the JA mobs when the time is right of course. So thats why I have been on pup.

Words of advice: Take RR items. A stack of sneak and invis potions. Food to kill faster and also I would wait outside a little bit to see if someone is entering so you can team up for the TE's. Normally solo it will take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes hunting down TE's, 15 if your lucky, and all that time wasted is time you could have been farming.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-08 14:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said: »
Erlayn said: »

PUP/THF will net you around 100 coins. More if you have an above average WS set and can kill fast after procing. If the zone is pretty clear, I suggest to solo on bst. Still think you will get more, i havent tried since the yuly nerf.

However, since a lot of people are solo/duoing dyna now, the zones are a little cramped, especially the JA mobs when the time is right of course. So thats why I have been on pup.

Words of advice: Take RR items. A stack of sneak and invis potions. Food to kill faster and also I would wait outside a little bit to see if someone is entering so you can team up for the TE's. Normally solo it will take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes hunting down TE's, 15 if your lucky, and all that time wasted is time you could have been farming.
Hmm. I'm getting an average of 170ish coins each run when I'm solo. Nothing special about my gear, either.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-18 03:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to see a job ability that transfers buffs to our automaton, since they seem so opposed to allowing them to be buffed and cured through normal means.

Emulate: Emulates effects (Both detrimental and positive) of the player. Recast Time: 1:00. Allows for the transference of Temporary item effects.

While this wouldn't necessarily make us desirable for Voidwatch, it would certainly help automaton survivability (The ability to transfer Physical Shield, AccAttack, Haste etc) and make is slightly more competitive dds.
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-05-23 01:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit late to the party but, yeah, animators.

Did you forget automatons are puppets, and need us to control them? SE will never get rid of these. What SE should do is allow us to use them in trials and upgrade them, however. maybe then it would justify using up two slots for a slight hp/mp/DEX upgrade and oil that, if you are competent enough, will hardly ever use.

Secondly, switching buffs between the player and automaton seems like a great idea. Have you mentioned it on their development forum?