2002 Players Are Awesome!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » 2002 Players are Awesome!
2002 Players are Awesome!
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 17:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I only point it out because your general demeanor is less than welcoming, to say the least.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-04-16 17:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

damn it, now we're all implicated, this never should've made it to pg. 2
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 17:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that sure is relevant. Do go on.
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 17:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

It is obligatory that pointless threads be filled with equally pointless bickering and condescending assertions for at least nine pages.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 17:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

It is obligatory that pointless threads be filled with equally pointless bickering and condescending assertions for at least nine pages.

Kind of like highlighting the relatively inconsequential difference between a suggestion and an assertion as it pertained to that post.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 17:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Kind of like highlighting the relatively inconsequential difference between a suggestion and an assertion as it pertained to that post.

Indeed. One needs to be consistent with the atmosphere of such threads.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-04-16 17:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao!

yeah that's true I suppose.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-16 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

See, Art and Minjo alone made it worth it
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 17:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to apologize to Minjo for making irrelevant and unnecessary measures to correct a matter that in all probability was splitting hairs. I'm simply doing my best to wrap my head around the prickly nature of his posts, despite their validity.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-04-16 17:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to apologize to Minjo for making irrelevant and unnecessary measures to correct a matter that in all probability was splitting hairs. I'm simply doing my best to wrap my head around the prickly nature of his posts, despite their validity.

I just visualize him as a robot, or a vulcan. just don't come to the table with any silly human emotion, cold logic only. I don't even see him as pricky, just the voice of reason, which I can appreciate.
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 17:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just visualize him as a robot, or a vulcan. just don't come to the table with any silly human emotion, cold logic only. I don't even see him as pricky, just the voice of reason, which I can appreciate.

I appreciate his extravagant vocabulary and unparalleled logical observations and assertions too. However, based on previous encounters, I cannot help but find (even if only superficially) his choice of words to be smarting, or downright haughty.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 17:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're talking within the scope of in general, we're not talking at all. While I realize my blunt disposition can appear rude at times, I've explained that such conclusions are false on many an occasion, which leads me to believe that further prodding at it, generally speaking, is nothing more than an attempt to stir up trouble. I do my best to not take the bait, as it were, in these situations.

If you're referring to this post,

Leviathan.Bangem said: »
My question is, why did you care so much about them being wrong? I stopped reading after a few min because it seemed like you have a superiority complex.

Clearly being irritated when someone tells you that you're wrong in regard to something you're certain of is indicative of a superiority complex. It definitely has nothing to do with that being a pretty common button for people.

That isn't to suggest that he didn't completely and utterly waste his time with an irreconcilable situation, but asserting that his motivation is the result of a personality defect is ignorant at best.

...Well I didn't see anything inappropriate about it. They suggested something pretty asinine, and I explained why in a way that was befitting of the lack of thought they put into it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-04-16 17:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate his extravagant vocabulary and unparalleled logical observations and assertions too. However, based on previous encounters, I cannot help but find (even if only superficially) his choice of words to be smarting, or downright haughty.

yeah, I have a big problem with being indifferent to life as a whole, so, it wouldn't bother me if I noticed.

/shrugg
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-16 17:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't like how Minjo posts, just pretend his avatar is what he really is. :3

Makes it all funny.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 17:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
If you don't like how Minjo posts, just pretend his avatar is what he really is. :3

Makes it all funny.

Where's Dawn when you need him.

I laughed.

Edit: God damnit, now I'm going to stare at my own avatar while posting.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-16 17:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Makes it all funny.

Where's Dawn when you need him.

I laughed.
:o
 Ragnarok.Jhes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jhes
By Ragnarok.Jhes 2012-04-16 17:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP.

It's ok, i knew a player who started back in 1996. /truestory

(note to self: find that screenshot)
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 18:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not to say your stance was unjust, but I suppose the coldness and blunt nature of your posts flies over my head and leaves me baffled at times. Any further attempt of rebuttal becomes a personal appeal to emotion, which more often than not, holds no merit to the matter at hand, and thus is self-defeating. Perhaps it is I, more so than Minjo that requires a lesson or two in humility, as to come to terms with where I stand in the eyes of others based on my reactions and choice of words. Luckily we have someone that can consistently and accurately put it into light, without any emotional bias or sugarcoat to distort the reality of one's behavior or personality.
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 18:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alas! I missed the cue and made a verbose and unnecessary statement post comic relief.

I think it would be best to excuse myself for awhile.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-16 18:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was about to quote you with his avatar, Arte. :<
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2012-04-16 18:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

theres a lot of smart talk and big words going on, i do not belong here
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-04-16 18:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2 kids from that PT need to meet Kuroganashi.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-04-16 18:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
wrong they need to meet me would totally start a 2002 only ls. Only way this argument should've been resolved
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-04-16 18:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said: »
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
wrong they need to meet me would totally start a 2002 only ls. Only way this argument should've been resolved
Well invite him to your LS, he says he started playing since 2000.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-04-16 18:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh...2002 players are soooo 2011.

Players starting their accounts on December 21, 2012 will be the only cool ones. :p