Oat (high Damage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Oat (high damage)
Oat (high damage)
By mezmerize 2012-03-18 16:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi I just came back from a long break and was hearing 2 different things about OAT with high damage. Some say its one of the best gk but just wanted to make sure. Thank you in advance
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-18 16:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The best magian GKT you can make atm is probably the TP bonus+100. Spam tachi: shoha. I'm no sam, but from what I keep hearing, this katana competes with masamune and amano.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-18 17:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
The best magian GKT you can make atm is probably the TP bonus+100. Spam tachi: shoha. I'm no sam, but from what I keep hearing, this katana competes with masamune and amano.
It competes, but doesn't win. And that's only for ONE situation, which is VW, where you have a COR... And that is only IF you have a cor, that it is in PAR with Masa and amano.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-18 17:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OAX effects take priority over Hassozanshin procs. I strongly doubt it's worth making.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-18 18:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It might have been worth it pre zanshin update but now.. Idk. I recall asking this question earlier last month so my friend wouldn't waste gil on mirrors/sand
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-19 08:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
OAX effects take priority over Hassozanshin procs. I strongly doubt it's worth making.

^

Zanhasso is ridic JT.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mezmerize
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mezmerize
By Quetzalcoatl.Mezmerize 2012-03-29 16:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i was reading the Drk Forums and it seems like OAT is one of the best, does it apply to sam as well?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-29 16:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mezmerize said: »
i was reading the Drk Forums and it seems like OAT is one of the best, does it apply to sam as well?
Tp bonus+100 like a boss.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-29 17:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK and SAM got the top 2 merit WS's.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-29 17:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mezmerize said: »
ಠ_ಠ

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
DRK and SAM got the top 2 merit WS's.
I wouldn't put Shoha in the top 2, probably not even top 5. The WS itself really isn't all that powerful, relatively speaking, especially as pDIF approaches cap. The best merit weaponskill is easily Ruinator, it's just tied to a shitty weapon class. Second spot would go to either Resolution or maybe Stardiver (criteva down) imo, with Shijin Spiral and... idk, probably Last Stand rounding out the top 5.