New 2 Pup, Quick Question About Attachments

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » New 2 Pup, Quick Question about Attachments
New 2 Pup, Quick Question about Attachments
By Evangelist 2012-02-27 05:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To my understanding you are to actually store them on the automaton? At first glance, i thought they worked something like a charm, or an atma if you will. As long as it were equipped, the aforementioned bonus would be applied. Then when I realized they were stackable, it didn't make any sense to me that they would function this way. So i'm assuming you must consume these attachments to gain the effects of them, my question is, how often are you having to use these? I literally just unlocked PUP, and am standing at the NPC in Nashmau who sells some attachments. I'm not sure which I should get, or how many of each I will need.

Anyone lend some advice or understanding regarding attachments please?
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2012-02-27 05:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Stacking makes no sense at all, they're just equipment for the auto, never buy more than one, you never need more than one.

When you buy an attachment, you have to take it to Whitegate to unlock it as an equipment piece for your automaton, but that makes it unsellable.
By mastershift 2012-02-27 05:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this will answer most if not all your questions
By Xenshi 2012-02-27 05:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally got them all, most from NPC or Auction House. By the time all was said and done dropped like twelve million gil into it and was worth every bit XD. You might think you will never need an attachment but there will be a time. Luckily you only need one attachment and that's all you will ever need. Also, you can mix and match frames so you might do let's say half combat and half magic attachments etc.
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2012-02-27 05:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need 1 of each attachment ever. Only reason I can see for stacking is that some can be crafted...

You trade them to one of the npc in the pup corner of WG and then you are free to attach and unattach them as often as you like (without returning to WG). After this point they no longer take up inventory space

If you access equipment through the menu, there will be the option of master or automaton. this is where you can add the attachments to your frame.

Can't offer too much advice on which are worth while though.

Also see Attachment guide for more info

edit: wow I was slow and got beaten a lot :(