Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » PDT Dark Rings in [A]Konsch
PDT Dark Rings in [A]Konsch
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-24 10:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

After multiple times capping amber/azure/pearl, and after every single one of them involve us zoning out because of low time (taking 45+ minutes to get even 1 TE...) I've become weary of trying to farm these rings myself. ><

Offering 1 mil per -6% PDT ring for anyone who farms the Azure/Amber/Pearl and gets the rings for me. Please send a tell to myself or Chaosity, in game, or PM me on here or Guildwork.
 Odin.Eddx
Server: Odin
user: Edd
By Odin.Eddx 2012-02-24 10:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Some tips

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-24 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Erik I have a better idea. Check PMs
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-02-24 10:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
After multiple times capping amber/azure/pearl, and after every single one of them involve us zoning out because of low time (taking 45+ minutes to get even 1 TE...) I've become weary of trying to farm these rings myself. ><

Offering 1 mil per -6% PDT ring for anyone who farms the Azure/Amber/Pearl and gets the rings for me. Please send a tell to myself or Chaosity, in game, or PM me on here or Guildwork.

hmmmmm, through my experience of farming, its a little hard to believe you would timeout given you said you capped your lights.
I would recommend azure/pearl to start before working on amber. just a thought.

I typically start off by poping the VNM t1 since those give a guarantee pearl, and randomly finding those Clionid/Limule's that can give you enhanced lights. Through my experience I found Clionid's to be very generous with lights vs Limule's. 1 Clionid always spawns around the saplings around #02.

Anyway, good luck.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-24 10:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, my only time to do extended farming (only worthwile time) is the weekends, and I feel durp having an Aegis, but no Almace, so most of my weekends is spent camping NMs. My weeks are only ~4 hours a night of free time, which ~2h is used for salvage so...

It'll be a while before I can farm these myself lol. I can however have my char in the zone and ready to buy these even if I'm not home though... so here's to hoping I can get someone who does this for refresh hairpin or KI farming xD.
 Ragnarok.Dreamin
user: Dreamin
By Ragnarok.Dreamin 2012-02-24 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

After I finished off my fakeukko and skilling (2hd sux to skill - gaxe still 40 levels from cap), I'm looking at going back to try to farm myself and someone else 2 pairs. So if we're in there, can always team up to get lights up if you want. I'll ping you/Chaos before I go though. The way my schedule looks, it'll probably be Tuesday at the earliest.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-24 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
hmmmmm, through my experience of farming, its a little hard to believe you would timeout given you said you capped your lights.

Yeah... Its really BS imo. We've left @ 30min left mark multiple times, because of spending an hour straight killing, with not a single TE. Makes absolutely no sense but its happened more then I'd like it to have happened... ><
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-24 10:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I kill treants by 9 and garuda with herc slash until ~180 amber. Then I go to gangly gean and kill the ephemeral clionids for 48-120 azure each. Proceed to murder the ruby-proof saplings ad-infintum
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-02-24 10:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... Its really BS imo. We've left @ 30min left mark multiple times, because of spending an hour straight killing, with not a single TE. Makes absolutely no sense but its happened more then I'd like it to have happened... ><

Pshhhhhh, @30 min mark, thats still plenty of time remaining. Shoot, I would be farming TE's until the very last 5-10 mins.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-24 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pshhhhhh, @30 min mark, thats still plenty of time remaining. Shoot, I would be farming TE's until the very last 5-10 mins.

Lol normally I'd agree, but at the time.. 1 hour without a single TE killed my mood to much so I warped and went and played skyrim and other games (mostly skyrim) Dx
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-24 11:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I feel ya eric, have spent literally hundreds and hundreds of hours without a single refresh augment. Sad part is now I need one badly to make one of my new gearsets function bleh, back in I go

good luck

I need rings!
By Drjones 2012-02-24 12:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Cap Amber
2. ???
3. Profit
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 07:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BUMP.

Slight update: 1m for 6% PDT and 900k for 5% ^^;;
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 07:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill pay you a stick of gum and a bowl of stale cheerios for a 6pdt/6mdt/6breath. kthx
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2012-02-27 08:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot damn thats good value.They sell for 5mil or so on my server :o
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-27 08:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ill pay you a stick of gum and a bowl of stale cheerios for a 6pdt/6mdt/6breath. kthx

i got sweet tarts and gummi bears, whos taking?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lenneth
user: Lenneth
By Ragnarok.Lenneth 2012-02-27 09:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We've managed a ton of rings and like 3-4 hairpins before but it's annoying to be sure. So far the best way to do it is fully cap amber, get azure to like 125 or so, cap pearl and beat the snot out of the little saplings. It works pretty well but does indeed take a while. If we farm up more hairpins here soon I'll try to remember to send you a tell so you can come ninja some.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-02-27 09:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

idk why the stupid trend of using those rings, 90% of players only uses them for town gear only, they never swap to pdt/mdt set when getting hit, like whms, rdms or blms, so please cut the crap
 Ragnarok.Lenneth
By Ragnarok.Lenneth 2012-02-27 09:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about other people but my macro for them gets smacked every time I get low on HP or see a nuke coming my way. Plus they are excellent idle gear and even if that's all you use them for it's worth it.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-02-27 09:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No one solo cleaves for rings? I never have a prob with te's this way and you cap out ki's quickly too. Going to see if i have better luck with ~125 amber instead of capping but cleaving is a strong option for stuff like this i would think
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 09:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
No one solo cleaves for rings? I never have a prob with te's this way and you cap out ki's quickly too. Going to see if i have better luck with ~125 amber instead of capping but cleaving is a strong option for stuff like this i would think

I sent this to Erik in a PM and he said "lol nukka, I be busy chazin white wimminz and ettin watuhmellunz." I'm still confused as to what he was trying to convey to me.

Latifah said: »
idk why the stupid trend of using those rings, 90% of players only uses them for town gear only, they never swap to pdt/mdt set when getting hit, like whms, rdms or blms, so please cut the crap

If you do it right, it shouldn't be on long enough for anyone to see you wear it. Most people that I know at least have 1 dt set, if not one for PDT and one for MDT.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 10:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

y thanks for ever so insightful post.

Sylph.Quiznor said: »
Hot damn thats good value.They sell for 5mil or so on my server :o

Never seen anyone shout to sell or any posts, so no idea on what they'd be. Guess I was a bit off then.

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

I'm not cleaving now, but I will as soon as I have time. Finishing almace is top priority for me atm, and I have absolutely no time to do anything aside salvage during weekdays so... I thought I'd try here for someone until I actually can go try again myself. Figured it was worth a try. <.<
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 10:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lenneth said: »
We've managed a ton of rings and like 3-4 hairpins before but it's annoying to be sure. So far the best way to do it is fully cap amber, get azure to like 125 or so, cap pearl and beat the snot out of the little saplings. It works pretty well but does indeed take a while. If we farm up more hairpins here soon I'll try to remember to send you a tell so you can come ninja some.

Also :O Would be awesome. I dunno why we just had horrible TE droprate, and it absolutely made me want to just unplug PC at the time lol...
 Ragnarok.Lenneth
By Ragnarok.Lenneth 2012-02-27 10:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh it sucks no matter what you do =P Farming those rings and hairpins makes my eye twitch.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My entire next weekend is gonna be spent doing Briareus Spam, and Sobek Spam (at least almost finished with Sobek). The following week after I finish almace (really hoping this weekend) was when I was gonna start cataburning for amber and junk. Hopefully get at least 2 5% rings and was hoping for a hairpin for anye buuuuut I'd give that up for company and hopefully people who will balance my fail TE rate out XD.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 10:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DONT YOU IGNORE ME!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 10:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

DONT YOU IGNORE ME!

I said I was doing almace and you slandered my name by saying I was chasing white wimminz and eattin wattumelunz Q_Q lol. ILY. I am gonna do your idea when I have time though :D
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-27 10:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DONT YOU IGNORE ME!
[+]
First Page 2