Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Earthen Body
Earthen Body
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-23 08:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course everyone's luck, skill, ability to do, find, buy something all vary. But I gotta say, as someone trying to get his own fancy purpleberk done... this thread is not all that encouraging!! I bet though, when you do finish it, it's gonna feel pretty damned good! :D

And, I think it's hilarious that you're stuck with a cursed hauberk -1 and no abjuration, while I've got an abjuration collecting dust, and no real end in sight for getting the armor. DAMN YOU, FATE!!

Oh... and I only have 6 tatters right now, too... :|
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-02-23 08:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I could afford the cursed hauberk -1, but I'm kind of commited to a relic at the moment. I'm going to have to wait until after that to buy one.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-23 08:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Of course everyone's luck, skill, ability to do, find, buy something all vary. But I gotta say, as someone trying to get his own fancy purpleberk done... this thread is not all that encouraging!! I bet though, when you do finish it, it's gonna feel pretty damned good! :D And, I think it's hilarious that you're stuck with a cursed hauberk -1 and no abjuration, while I've got an abjuration collecting dust, and no real end in sight for getting the armor. DAMN YOU, FATE!! Oh... and I only have 6 tatters right now, too... :|

Let me make you feel better about it: I've been playing since NA release, have been in more HNMLS than I can count on one hand, and been offering "the current going rate" for abj since ~abyssea era (when I stopped doing so many "large group" ls events). Everytime I was in line for it: It would drop when i was at school/work, the shell would break, the manipulative mithra auxilary leader would manipulate my points to benefit her e-bf, or the million times I'd get martial body and a pat on the back from Nid.

All that aside.... Last night felt (to me) like getting a relic. I've been a "r/e collector" forever. I used to make lists of gear 1-75 and camp the crap out of it so I would have the stuff to gear for every level. I remember going like 0/37 on Cargo Crab Colin before leveling BLU lol. I'm still high on life right now and my armor is still plain-jane unaugmented.

I wish you all the luck I can, and I hope when you finally get your hands on it, it's as gratifying as it was to me!
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-23 09:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
got ^^

Haha I didn't even notice this, or they <3'y one! Congrats! And I'm not really discouraged - I do enjoy the awesome feeling of getting something done, finally, that I've wanted to do forever. But yeah, your story is definitely much more epic than mine has been - but all that means now is that it's so much cooler to be done!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-23 09:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I could afford the cursed hauberk -1, but I'm kind of commited to a relic at the moment. I'm going to have to wait until after that to buy one.

I figure that even if I do start wearing a nyzul body / legion body over it, there may be other stp gear later that this helps compliment. Who knows, looking at ogier hands and some of the phorcys pieces, SE might make it easy to 4-hit one day. I'd rather have it (and be able to store that piss-ugly aurum body) and never use it, than pass on it and wish I hadn't.