Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP solo SC's
PUP solo SC's
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-16 12:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was messing around with solo skillchains (pup/sam) yesterday trying to expand my arsenal so I could come up with some better lead off SC's for VE tanking. The 2 best ones I came up with were - Stringing Pummel > Dragon Kick > Shijin Spiral making light with an end result of around 14.5k total, Shijin did about 3k with 4.5k light. The other Combo I came up with was Howling Fist > String Shredder > Stringing Pummel making Darkness, Pummel hit for around 5k that time and darkness was around 7k after which I just vented it to VE and let him do his thing.

I'm curious about other SC's people have come up with or if anyone else plays around with /sam as much as I do. I'm not against hearing any Victory Smite SC's either, but I mainly use my pet pdt- claws for this kind of thing. Post anything you've come up with, I'd like to hear other ideas.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-16 12:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 X job could solo skillchains before pup existed.

Right?
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-16 13:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The first thing that comes to mind is Shijin >> Smite >> Smite for double light.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-16 13:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Inb4 X job could solo skillchains before pup existed.

Right?

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Or why you even bothered to post it.

If you are trying to say that other jobs could solo skillchains before pup existed, well then thank you for pointing out the obvious. I never implied otherwise, and I'm well aware that they could.

If you were genuinely asking if other jobs could self SC before pup existed then disregard the above comment.

I posed a question about what SC combo's other pups have come up with based on the newish (they have been around for a couple updates now) puppet WS's (String Shredder, Armor Shatterer) and the new Merit WS (Shijin Spiral) for h2h.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xyclo
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xyclo
By Quetzalcoatl.Xyclo 2012-02-16 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc, Dragon Kick --> Armor Shatterer = light. Never tried /sam as I abhore sam.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-16 13:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly wasn't sure if that was a troll, so I left it. /shrug
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-16 13:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xyclo said: »
iirc, Dragon Kick --> Armor Shatterer = light. Never tried /sam as I abhore sam.

I think you are right about that one. I pretty much only use /sam for certain fights, it's nice to be able to run in and spam a 15k+ SC and then vent it to my puppet so I can go all out next to him without a worry of pulling hate, plus the extra tp from meditate and a shadow from a majorly gimped Third Eye lol. It really does add a lot of extra damage this way though. I was amazed at how much time I could shave off some of my NM solo's using it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-16 13:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »
Woosh.
Last time I was defending your pup thread. Sarcasm missed.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-16 13:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »
Woosh.
Last time I was defending your pup thread. Sarcasm missed.

>.> Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text, sorry. If you were just joking that's fine lol. Next time put a little /sarcasm or something like that. I'm just so used to pup bashing in these threads, I jump the gun sometimes. My bad, I apologize.
 Bahamut.Kyawind
Server: Bahamut
user: kyahaha
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2012-02-17 04:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

w00t pup thread yay ^^
 Valefor.Roczilla
Server: Valefor
user: Keon
By Valefor.Roczilla 2012-02-26 23:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Magic Mortar -> Dragon Kick for light while unlocking Stringing Pummel. Been doing this as PUP/WAR and with WHM automaton in abyessa.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-02-27 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Moartar indo DK does light or vice versa, also MM into Victory Smite does light as well, vice versa again, though usually if your puppet has tp he'll go after you do unless you're using inhibitor. Other than that, not really anything else much worth doing unless you do fragmentation.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-27 01:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually put on inhibitor and just do Stringing Pummel > Armor Shatterer wich does Fusion. Is not a lvl3 sc, but can do easy and fast dmg without worring too much on saving tp for sc and can be done fast, wich gives u time to focus on other stuff like maneuvors and strats. Also if have Verethragna u can do the same but instead of Stringing Pummel u can do Victory Smite and it will do Light if i am not mistaken.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-02-27 19:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
I usually put on inhibitor and just do Stringing Pummel > Armor Shatterer wich does Fusion. Is not a lvl3 sc, but can do easy and fast dmg without worring too much on saving tp for sc and can be done fast, wich gives u time to focus on other stuff like maneuvors and strats. Also if have Verethragna u can do the same but instead of Stringing Pummel u can do Victory Smite and it will do Light if i am not mistaken.

You are not mistaken, I usually have whm out though, or rdm, rarely do I use the others unless I have a whm healing me.