Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-02-01 19:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Cerberus.Billgoku said: »
Then that's not Maneuvers proccing, that's the Attachments proccing. Completely different. :/

Interesting to hear they work on JA and Magic mobs as well though seeing as I never tested the Magic mobs extensively but I was never able to get a proc on the JA mobs.

I used flashbulb as an example, on the very rare occasion I had Mana Converter proc something but its a very very small percent. I usually end up !! the mob before the auto can anyway. Person we used to do dyna with had Heat Capacitor do it once or twice, believe that was the first time I'd of seen it proc from a auto.
The point is, that's still an attachment. Basically, if the puppet uses any of its attachments that usually results in some kind of animation(Such as Flashbulb, Heat Capacitor, Strobe, Mana Converter) then it has a chance to proc. I'm not trying to be mean but we gotta keep our facts straight, maneuvers do not equal attachment abilities.

Still this is useful information and I thank you for bringing it forward. I need to test some of this on Magic/JA mobs a bit more to confirm for myself because I'm always slightly skeptical, but this is still useful information none the less.

I see what you're saying but the way I'm looking at it, using certain maneuvers will activate those, that's where I'm going. Like example, from what I've seen, flashbulb has had more chance to proc when the initial Light Maneuver was used than if the move was already in effect. Is that a little more understanding at my point?
Basicly what I'm trying to say is that it would increase the chance of proc.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-01 19:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You've explain yourself better but I doubt it's true. I'd stick with the idea it has an equal chance to proc no matter when the maneuver used to activate the attachment was used. It's harder to test because I'd have to keep track of when I put up a maneuver more carefully while watching proc rate as well. But I won't say it's outside the realm of possibility.

At the very least it's good to see good PUPs around that actually know what they're doing. I've grown tired of being thought of as nothing but a joke because of a handful of bad players. :/
 Cerberus.Billgoku
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-02-01 19:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You've explain yourself better but I doubt it's true. I'd stick with the idea it has an equal chance to proc no matter when the maneuver used to activate the attachment was used. It's harder to test because I'd have to keep track of when I put up a maneuver more carefully while watching proc rate as well. But I won't say it's outside the realm of possibility.

At the very least it's good to see good PUPs around that actually know what they're doing. I've grown tired of being thought of as nothing but a joke because of a handful of bad players. :/

Tell me about it, when I see a pup with full pink, a Harley and level 99 with Aflictors, makes me wanna cry. I'm proud that I have made people who have in the past partied with me want to level the job.
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2012-02-01 20:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry people of course had to be *** right away. I don't think you came off "show offy" at all. To me it seemed like you had a good time with a small group of friends and were excited to share that here. That's when I had the most fun in the game, doing stuff with my little group of friends, and not being all serious business tryin to crank through ***.

Good luck to you and your linkshell in future endeavors.
[+]
By nyheen 2012-02-03 08:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmothy! cant wait to see them videos man. would of been nice if i was in that battle with you guys!.
By Latifah 2012-02-03 08:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have ducal guard atma Jimmothy? what stuff you soloed @ abyssea ?
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-03 12:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
do you have ducal guard atma Jimmothy? what stuff you soloed @ abyssea ?

I usually use Razed Ruins, Voracious Violet, and Ducal Guard for tanking with Amagatsu, unless it's an NM that I have no intention of getting near, then I will use an HP regen atma. which makes for less use of Cannibal Blade and more use of String Shredder and gets the fight done faster. It's nice to have VV though so I can run in and SC adding an extra 6-8k damage here and there, it makes a big difference. I have a few solo's up on my YouTube channel, just search jmrust77. My next solo challenges are going to be Dragua and Glavoid.

nyheen said: »
Jimmothy! cant wait to see them videos man. would of been nice if i was in that battle with you guys!.

You should switch servers and join us Nyheen ^^.
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-02-05 05:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some people get confused and think this is BG sometimes... I dunno where else you would post a "we did this on PUP and it was fun" thread!

Has the video been posted? I can't see it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-02-05 06:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

pup is one of those jobs that scares the bejeezus out of me seems like you can solo 1-99 and still not know all the nuances
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-05 11:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
I think some people get confused and think this is BG sometimes... I dunno where else you would post a "we did this on PUP and it was fun" thread!

Has the video been posted? I can't see it.

The video hasn't been posted yet, I think we are going to redo the fight, apparently between two of us recording (with my POL crashing mid fight, and Tricant bumping the video on/off button multiple times lol) we only managed to get bits and pieces of it. We will get something up soon though I promise.

Bismarck.Anjisnu said: »
pup is one of those jobs that scares the bejeezus out of me seems like you can solo 1-99 and still not know all the nuances

Tell me about it, I soloed 1-85 and then did a lot of Abyssea solo/partying from 85-99 and I still feel like I learn little things here and there that I didn't know before.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-02-05 12:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
why can't there be a serious 'All PUP' LS on shiva ; ;

Come to Lakshmi, we would love to have you ^^.
I missed the memo about there being a pup ls here, if I ever get the ability to play again I'd like to join. I have a blast on pup and I grow tired of lolpup discussions from people that know very little about the job.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-05 13:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
why can't there be a serious 'All PUP' LS on shiva ; ;

Come to Lakshmi, we would love to have you ^^.
I missed the memo about there being a pup ls here, if I ever get the ability to play again I'd like to join. I have a blast on pup and I grow tired of lolpup discussions from people that know very little about the job.

We would love to have you ^^ we have a lot of fun and are currently working on getting all of the expansions done/redone for the ls so we can have better pet stat setups. 2 of us just got done soloing ACP final fight and we are about to finish MKE and ASA also. That extra 5% pet haste and -10% damage taken on the MKE head piece will be nice for VE tanking. Did you quit the game? I just came back last month after being gone for almost a year, I've been doing a lot of catching up. If you come back and want a pearl, just drop me, Eclyptic or Tricant a message and we will get you one ASAP.
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-05 13:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP is awesomesauce, and always was! ...post Stringing Pummel. The new AI is amazing and the unlimited MP is only really used in the non-AOE-spam mobs. Auto takes ANY damage when you unsummon it, you have to wait the entire duration of activate... which is lame. The auto will stay put and never move once in cure range if you deploy it to the mob at +15 yalms. Even with 0 MP. Will just /sit there. /popcorn.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-02-05 14:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I love to read stuff like this.

I don't understand why people hate on PUP? I never really understood why, its a job like any other.
Anyway I am glad you had a fun event, and you managed to kill something with just PUPs, this shows that you don't always need the standard jobs that everyone uses.

I can admit I don't know very much about Puppetmaster, but I have partied with some good ones and I respect what they can do, I look down on people who say lolpup, because 99 times out of 100 they don't even know what the job can do.

Be sure to post the video soon so we can watch :)
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-02-05 14:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I actually saw people hate(bash?) on PUP, (people still do this? I mean I'd never take one to Voidwatch, but still) it's because its usefulness is limited at best. If you want H2H procs you bring a monk, which can also cover a lot of club/staff. Pup is pretty much just a solo job.
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-02-06 02:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
PUP is awesomesauce, and always was! ...post Stringing Pummel. The new AI is amazing and the unlimited MP is only really used in the non-AOE-spam mobs. Auto takes ANY damage when you unsummon it, you have to wait the entire duration of activate... which is lame. The auto will stay put and never move once in cure range if you deploy it to the mob at +15 yalms. Even with 0 MP. Will just /sit there. /popcorn.
You must have been away. Deus Ex Automata lets you resummon the auto at low health and MP and, if you have some skill, you can get it to cure itself and then D/A again to have a full automaton.

I usually find chucking on a full Eva set and back tanking works well when you're trying to pull this off ^^;
 Asura.Kreed
user: d34dsouls
By Asura.Kreed 2012-02-06 03:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll always love this job to death, but VoidWatch has been driving me insane not being able to finish the Athos' equipment set for it. Not to mention Kenkonken has been put on hold once again in reaction to the new Nyzul Isle announcement. I'm glad to read this and see that people do still just enjoy trying new things and playing the game for fun. My monk, samurai, and beastmaster have been getting a lot more attention lately. But, all the things that I do have always seemed like a means to an end to get better things for pup in the back of my head. /salute for making this post XD

(And yes, lolpup is still quite prevalent, mostly in jest though, lol...)
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-10 20:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Well if I actually saw people hate(bash?) on PUP, (people still do this? I mean I'd never take one to Voidwatch, but still) it's because its usefulness is limited at best. If you want H2H procs you bring a monk, which can also cover a lot of club/staff. Pup is pretty much just a solo job.

Yeah, you never see PUP in VW for the same reason you never see BST. Cycling through automaton WSs is difficult when protective temps don't affect the pet. Same with BST and the millions of jugs it would need to have at the ready.

One upside I've noticed on smn (very disposable pet), which would go for any pet job is that spamming assault/deploy/attack gets quick reads, which is very nice.
 Shiva.Squally
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Squally 2012-02-11 02:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly man, sounds like quite the accomplishment to me; its always been a heck of a mob to deal with and it sounds like you had a great time, which is what this game should be about.

Sorry you PUPs dont get much love these days, but many people out there give the job a bad reputation; which admittedly is true of all jobs anymore. Regardless, PUP is actually a good job if played right; I learned that the hard way at a bird camp, then at Tinnin back in the day...blm puppet destroyed.

Glad to see people still play it, and grats again; ignore the people who obviously do not care about your accomplishments.
 Asura.Kreed
user: d34dsouls
By Asura.Kreed 2012-02-13 14:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some friends that prefer me to pup/nin to VW. Just because I can get JA and magic hints very quickly by using maneuvers and ninjitsu. I can cover most elemental Ichi and Ni spells, so relieves a little strain on the ninja(s). Do most hand-to-hand procs (besides Asuran Fists of course) to help the monk(s), and still dish out some damage with Victory Smite and Shijin Spiral, not like I can on monk, of course. Plus, it always makes me smile when I get "Extremely Vulnerable to Puppetmaster ability!" hint, so I can run up and use Ventriloquy, especially on mobs like Pil and such. ;)
By Xilk 2012-03-13 13:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having alot of fun on pup lately. Only level 75 so far, but only need 2x more attachments.

Where is the link for the vid?

(Pretty sure a BST has solo'd raja.. pretty immaterial, but it came up in the thread if it was soloable...)