PUP vs Raja...Poor Raja
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-01 12:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night, myself and a few members from my puppetmaster linkshell took on Raja using nothing but ValorEdge puppets, and it was amazing. It was a ton of FUN and for it being our first time attempting him with all Puppetmasters I would say it went pretty damn smooth. There were a few hitches here and there, but nothing drastic that we couldn't handle. We learned a few things about tanking him with puppets and I'm sure it can be done with less than what we used, possibly duo. The fight started with 4 of us and about 1/4 way through, another pup from our shell joined the ranks. There was a lot of great teamwork and I'm proud of the pups in my shell. The end result was that we smashed poor Raja's little face in. One of our members got it recorded with Fraps and is going to post the video on youtube soon, I'll also get the video from him and post it on mine (POL crashed for me during the fight so i didn't continue recording). All hail Puppetmaster everywhere. Eclyptic, Daemontz, Tricant, and Dbo I'm proud of you guys for being such awesome puppetmasters and I'm honored to be your LS leader.

P.S. I'll post a link to the video on this thread when it's up and running.

EDIT: I'm sorry that I didn't originally explain well enough that this was just for fun, I didn't realize there were so many people out there who were against fun and have to bash on everyone to make themselves feel better.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-01 12:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by your gear and the fact that you took 5 people to kill something in abyssea(and felt the need to make a whole topic about it), I'd say you showed lolpup quite adequately. I wouldn't be giving such a harsh response if you soloed this, which is probably easy with new whm puppet AI honestly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-02-01 12:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

that'll be interestign to see
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-01 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Judging by your gear and the fact that you took 5 people to kill something in abyssea(and felt the need to make a whole topic about it), I'd say you showed lolpup quite adequately. I wouldn't be giving such a harsh response if you soloed this, which is probably easy with new whm puppet AI honestly.

You know what, guys like you crack me up. We did the fight for fun and that's all. We aren't elitist. And about the WHM puppet, no you couldn't solo it using the WHM puppet. Royal Deece has a range of 20 yalms and your puppet would die in a heartbeat.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-01 12:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, why judge. This is the type of stuff that keeps the game fun for some.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-01 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Props to your fun, it just seemed like you were trying to show off with your post. You can't keep your puppet 20 yalms away from you? PUP is not my expertise, was just a suggestion based on the intelligent curing and unlimited mp. Clearly an issue if you can't keep it 20 away of course.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-01 12:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The b'awww in this thread is pretty lame.

Congrats on the achievement.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-01 12:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Props to your fun, it just seemed like you were trying to show off with your post. You can't keep your puppet 20 yalms away from you? PUP is not my expertise, was just a suggestion based on the intelligent curing and unlimited mp. Clearly an issue if you can't keep it 20 away of course.

It will try to run in if you get too far away, and if you get hit by a move that shoves your character, well then your puppet is gonna run in. They did make the AI a lot better but it still wont stop them from running in.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Luuujeje
Server: Bismarck
user: luuujeje
By Bismarck.Luuujeje 2012-02-01 13:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When people think that they have accomplished something and are proud and think that it is fun and worthwhile. You should at least have manners not to say things to ruin their feeling. Even tho in your opinion is on the contrary, you have no need to make people feel bad. Speak is silver but silent is gold.
And for Jimmo. congratulations. I wish I had enough good friends to do and share stuffs like that with ^.^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-02-01 13:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying that you want to 'show other PUPs what the job is capable of' makes it sound like you're trying to sound as if this were oh so impressive
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-01 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
Saying that you want to 'show other PUPs what the job is capable of' makes it sound like you're trying to sound as if this were oh so impressive

Pardon me, let me edit that real quick >.<
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-02-01 13:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luuujeje said: »
When people think that they have accomplished something and are proud and think that it is fun and worthwhile. You should at least have manners not to say things to ruin their feeling. Even tho in your opinion is on the contrary, you have no need to make people feel bad. Speak is silver but silent is gold.
And for Jimmo. congratulations. I wish I had enough good friends to do and share stuffs like that with ^.^

Sorry I have been focusing on people bashing I completely forgot to say thank you to the people who aren't ***. It was fun to just be able to do something with a few people that play the game to enjoy it. That and all pup stuff is always fun ^^
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2012-02-01 13:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Being nice is free people. You never know, you might feel warm and fuzzy inside after being complimentary to someone.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2012-02-01 13:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The forums are only here to compare gearsets and how to maximize damage, Jim; you seem to have missed the memo. /sarcasm

Seriously though, most of the responses here outline the core of why the community has gone downhill since ToAU release. I remember nothing but support and help from almost everyone I came in contact with in before and during the CoP era. This guy is proud of his linkshell for doing something that sounds like a blast, yet it isn't threadworthy? It's a more entertaining read that how to maximize Resolution, at the very least.
[+]
 Garuda.Daemontz
Server: Garuda
user: daemontz
By Garuda.Daemontz 2012-02-01 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I <3 how people that have no idea what the puppetmaster job is about and are posting ignorant comments. This game is just fun to play and puppetmaster makes it even more so. And being able to take something like raja down with just a few people that share this excitement always adds to the fun. For people that like to comment because they're such big over-achievers. Sorry for the trouble of not being a grandmaster at a video game. Hail the puppetmasters, Jimmothy, Eclyptic, Tricant, Dbo .... Anytime you need a pup to show these people up ... just send a message, I'd be glad to
[+]
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-02-01 13:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Daemontz said: »
I <3 how people that have no idea what the puppetmaster job is about and are posting ignorant comments. This game is just fun to play and puppetmaster makes it even more so. And being able to take something like raja down with just a few people that share this excitement always adds to the fun. For people that like to comment because they're such big over-achievers. Sorry for the trouble of not being a grandmaster at a video game. Hail the puppetmasters, Jimmothy, Eclyptic, Tricant, Dbo .... Anytime you need a pup to show these people up ... just send a message, I'd be glad to

This basicly summed up what I was going to say.

Fact that people take the time to read and post their own nonsense means they actually do care about what's been posted enough to add their own 2 cents worth.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4