Pup Solo NM Videos.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » pup solo NM videos.
pup solo NM videos.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By Latifah 2012-02-03 10:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

im kinda impressed, but those little nms like lord varney and stuff are soloable by other jobs as well, i would like to see a real challenge solo like yaanei or something, the dragua solo video was great
 Asura.Erics
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2012-02-03 10:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyheen, it looks like you are playing on a console. This true? If so, what are you using to record your gameplay. :X I play on a console and would like to do the same thing.
By nyheen 2012-02-03 11:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Erics said: »
Nyheen, it looks like you are playing on a console. This true? If so, what are you using to record your gameplay. :X I play on a console and would like to do the same thing.

i play on a pc but long ago i used to be on ps2 it also ways of rec from there. but i dont know how :(

Latifah said: »
im kinda impressed, but those little nms like lord varney and stuff are soloable by other jobs as well, i would like to see a real challenge solo like yaanei or something, the dragua solo video was great

i kinda just started doing it. i plan on doing trying them in the future episodes. i kinda made my pup solos like a tv show. when me and my pet hannya goes around fighting NMs etc. kinda like a anime etc. i know it sounds crazy but that how i like to do it. lol hope you all enjoy them^^;
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-04 14:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a video of PUP soloing the final fight of A Cristaline Profesy. Posting it to keep this thread alive. ^^ Sorry for the quality, I'm not a computer expert. :/
By nyheen 2012-02-04 19:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »

Here's a video of PUP soloing the final fight of A Cristaline Profesy. Posting it to keep this thread alive. ^^ Sorry for the quality, I'm not a computer expert. :/

>.> that was gonna be my next try lol nice job man. was not sure if it can be done.

very good work:)
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-07 04:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another video of pup soloing. This time the last fight of kup scenario. Is a bit messy and have room for lots of imrpvement, specially in macroing stuff. Also know other jobs like BLU can solo it better, but PUP is just too much fun.
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2012-02-07 04:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a good program to record videos? Id love to post some of my work as pup.
By joelchiquito 2012-02-07 05:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

luckycharms1877 said: »
What is a good program to record videos? Id love to post some of my work as pup.
fraps. you can get the full version if you google Fraps rapidshare
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-07 05:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That video is borked for me.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-07 06:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome job :o
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-02-07 11:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS... Universal Music Group blocked it in my country... So I can't see the video.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2012-02-07 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
FFS... Universal Music Group blocked it in my country... So I can't see the video.
firefox addon works very well: http://proxtube.com/
edit: that moggle fight doesnt work either with the addon. seems like its closed almost everywhere.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-07 13:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just re-edit it and re-upload it again. :/
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-07 16:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i uploaded the video again. Hopefully this time will not be blocked. :/
By Latifah 2012-02-07 17:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

that was nice, how much hp your automation have?
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-07 17:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what combination of frames and attachments it have.
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-02-08 02:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another video of pup soloing. This time the last fight of kup scenario. Is a bit messy and have room for lots of imrpvement, specially in macroing stuff. Also know other jobs like BLU can solo it better, but PUP is just too much fun.

Looks like a good job (and glad I didn't try this 1st go) but why all the cuts? There is a big cut at 9mins.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-08 05:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread made me want to try a handful of PUP solos myself, and I thought I'd share some that seemed to work out.
Also took Isgebind somewhat smoothly to 4% before some very unfortunate luck with paralyze.
Would like to have videos instead, but my computer isn't what it used to be.
Good luck folks; some awesome stuff in this thread~
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-08 08:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »

Looks like a good job (and glad I didn't try this 1st go) but why all the cuts? There is a big cut at 9mins.

I did a few cuts cause when the NM is up being healed, i have to wait till he is done so he can rejoins the fight, also i heal full at one point too and cut that out too. Also when i prepare puppet with attachment and stuff was cut too cause is boring parts and would make the video too long.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-08 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed Kutharei using VE automaton. Unfortunately fraps didn't load so I didn't getting the pic >.>

I used DG/RR/plaguebringer atmas. earth/earth/dark maneuvers through the fight. Needed a few DEAs, and used maintenance whenever Kuth used the afflicting gaze to remove the plague effect.

Also a quick question. I remember reading VE frame gets its own -pdt trait. Does anyone know how much this is? and also what the current cap for pet -dt is? thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-08 12:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're referring to Stout Servant, which is a job trait and applies to all kind of puppets.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-08 12:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought VE had its own trait before stout servant even existed. I could certainly be remembering wrongly though.
Guildwork Premium
By Jimmothy77 2012-02-08 12:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
I soloed Kutharei using VE automaton. Unfortunately fraps didn't load so I didn't getting the pic >.>

I used DG/RR/plaguebringer atmas. earth/earth/dark maneuvers through the fight. Needed a few DEAs, and used maintenance whenever Kuth used the afflicting gaze to remove the plague effect.

Also a quick question. I remember reading VE frame gets its own -pdt trait. Does anyone know how much this is? and also what the current cap for pet -dt is? thanks in advance.

I believe the current pet pdt- cap is around 85% or so, I'm not sure of the exact number though. With Ducal Guard, Anwig Salade, pet pdt- claws, and Armor Plate's it's really easy to cap pdt- for them. Also do you usually use Plaguebringer? You should try Voracious Violet or one of my personal favorites for VE tanking is Sanguine Scythe. Not that plaguebringer is bad or anything it's just that the regen tic is so minimal, did it seem to help much?
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-08 13:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also do you usually use Plaguebringer? You should try Voracious Violet or one of my personal favorites for VE tanking is Sanguine Scythe. Not that plaguebringer is bad or anything it's just that the regen tic is so minimal, did it seem to help much?

Well to be honest i;m fairly new to pup. I've had it since 75 cap but haven't really done much with it until recently.

I picked plaguebringer for 2 reason, the regen, and TP gain. Since VE relies on Cannibal blade to heal itself, i figured the STP and DA on plaguebringer would outweigh the extra 10/tick regen on MC. I didn't much think about VV tbh, that tp gain might outweigh plaguebringer's.

About SS, does that added hp increase the threshold for Ducal Guard to proc? or does it act like cruor buffs and not work until hp=50% pre-buff?
 Ramuh.Shuyn
Server: Ramuh
user: Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2012-02-08 13:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tryed to solo Bukhis yet? I wonder if it can be done if we "Deus Ex Automata" whe it does that stupid silly Doom and get the pet again in action for awhile.
By Otomis 2012-02-08 13:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What impresses me, is the entire fight being done via menu with out macros or gear swaps. Very Nice lol.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-02-08 13:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i just did some testing with 1000 needless, dmg is split among me and automaton. No attachments or pet: -pdt gear was used:

Stormwaker frame/head
455 dmg. 455/500=.91, 1-.91 = 9% Stout servant's effect

Harlequin frame/head
423 dmg. 423/500=.846, 1-.846=15.4% 6.4% over stout servant

Valoredge frame/head
392 dmg. 392/500=.784, 1-.784=21.6% 12.6% over stout servant

It seems both VE and Harly frames get their own -pdt trait on top of stout servant. I didn't get to test SS yet, but i'd assume it has no bonus.
Guildwork Premium
By Jimmothy77 2012-02-08 13:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also do you usually use Plaguebringer? You should try Voracious Violet or one of my personal favorites for VE tanking is Sanguine Scythe. Not that plaguebringer is bad or anything it's just that the regen tic is so minimal, did it seem to help much?

Well to be honest i;m fairly new to pup. I've had it since 75 cap but haven't really done much with it until recently.

I picked plaguebringer for 2 reason, the regen, and TP gain. Since VE relies on Cannibal blade to heal itself, i figured the STP and DA on plaguebringer would outweigh the extra 10/tick regen on MC. I didn't much think about VV tbh, that tp gain might outweigh plaguebringer's.

About SS, does that added hp increase the threshold for Ducal Guard to proc? or does it act like cruor buffs and not work until hp=50% pre-buff?

I'm not exactly sure about the HP thing, as far as I know it goes by 50% of the original base HP, I never thought about how an atma would affect that. But even if it doesn't the extra 20% HP, the Crit Damage+ and that little bit of extra enmity make it great for being able to run in and melee without pulling any unnecessary hate, on top of increasing the damage output per swing and the damage of String Shredder. A lot of it depends on the NM though, like NM's I want to SC > Vent on I use VV and NM's I don't want to get near I might use Apoc or SS. It's all about your playstyle too, try out new things and find something that feels better for how you play.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-08 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »

What impresses me, is the entire fight being done via menu with out macros or gear swaps. Very Nice lol.

Yea. It was very messy fight. And like i said when i first post the video, it can be done a lot smoothly with macros. I made a lot of mistakes that i know can be fixed with macros and better planning.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-08 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmothy77 said: »
Quote:

I'm not exactly sure about the HP thing, as far as I know it goes by 50% of the original base HP, I never thought about how an atma would affect that. But even if it doesn't the extra 20% HP, the Crit Damage+ and that little bit of extra enmity make it great for being able to run in and melee without pulling any unnecessary hate, on top of increasing the damage output per swing and the damage of String Shredder. A lot of it depends on the NM though, like NM's I want to SC > Vent on I use VV and NM's I don't want to get near I might use Apoc or SS. It's all about your playstyle too, try out new things and find something that feels better for how you play.

Any adjustment to HP after the base is ignored for Ducal Guard. I think this may even apply to Auto-repair Kits, since DG seems to activate just under 50%, but I am not certain. This works for and against you, however. While you cannot stack on HP atmas to broaden the threshold, when your automaton has a 1/2 or 1/4 HP curse (like kur) applied, it just makes DG stay on full time.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10